Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: DLUX Swamp Squatch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #201
Rock Crawler

Default Re: DLUX Swamp Squatch

How is changing the different bars? I read the description and sounded like the hole for the bar needed to be drilled out to accept different sizes.
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #202
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
How is changing the different bars? I read the description and sounded like the hole for the bar needed to be drilled out to accept different sizes.

Must be the case because I have the medium bar and it won't fit. I just wanted to be sure so I didn't booger them up.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #203
Pebble Pounder

That sucks if you can't change the bars out for different terrain. For the rock days it would be nice to run the thin bar. Then swap to the thicker bars for high speed track type days.

Very solid build you have here, I have my yeti where I want it but reading your entire build makes me consider changing a few things.

I hate your having problems with your front diff cups. I am hoping my setup holds better. I must be easier on the throttle.
DTB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #204
I wanna be Dave

The hole will need to be drilled out for the larger bars.

DTB1, the cup failure does not bug me. It is a mixture of the terrain I was on, and my heavy trigger finger. I discussed it with Erik today, I will be waiting a little bit for a replacement and he will set up a 6mm BMRC spool and cups for me. If I bend a 6mm setup, I need to stop trying to crawl our ultra high grip rock or go to a smaller power plant.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #205
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdb85 View Post
It's pretty straight forward I imagine but I just want to make sure so I don't ruin things. Did you need to drill out the arm on the set screw end? My sway bar don't come close to fitting in. Thanks in advance.
Yep, the arms are made for the .080 bar. If you are using a larger bar, you will want to drill the arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTB1 View Post
That sucks if you can't change the bars out for different terrain. For the rock days it would be nice to run the thin bar. Then swap to the thicker bars for high speed track type days.
You should be able to swap out to a smaller diameter bar. It will be sloppy in the hole but it really shouldnt matter.

Ideally, you will probably find a diameter bar that you like and stick with it. There are 3 holes in the aluminum arm. These will drastically change the feel of the sway bar itself so, the hope is to find a diameter bar that you like and then you can just move the end links (links that go to the axle) to change the stiffness.

The closer the end links are to the torsion bar (bar that is in the chassis that twists) the stiffer the bar is. The further from the torsion bar, the softer it will feel.

With that knowledge, run the end links in the closest hole. If the bar is still too soft, get a stiffer bar. Run that in the closest hole again, if its too stiff, you simply want to run in the furthest hole. Like I said above, its a big difference from those 3 holes.

Here is a vendor post with the sway bars and some simple sway bar tech in post 2

UC fab sway bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTB1 View Post
I hate your having problems with your front diff cups. I am hoping my setup holds better. I must be easier on the throttle.
Dicky's problem was most likely because the shaft pulled out of the drive cup. Sometimes its hard to catch every single problem until it happens. If you keep your shock limiting in check and keep the dog bone in the drive cup, I doubt you will ever have a problem. I dont think DickyT will even have a problem ever again and that is saying a lot.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #206
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Dicky's problem was most likely because the shaft pulled out of the drive cup. Sometimes its hard to catch every single problem until it happens. If you keep your shock limiting in check and keep the dog bone in the drive cup, I doubt you will ever have a problem. I dont think DickyT will even have a problem ever again and that is saying a lot.
I agree fully. The shaft most likely pulled out after the spool bent. The spool most likely bent because I was over ambitious in the creation of a flat spot on the spool to secure the grub too, creating a weak point at the hole that is drilled through the spool. That is where the bend is. Once bent the cup could not rotate properly, the shaft popped out and while on throttle cracked the lip (thinnest part) of the drive cup.

I do not fault Erik's product or design for my issue what so ever. I modified it to get a better grub seat, combine that with no shock limiting, the power of a pro4 3300 on 3s, ultra grippy and jagged rock that sucks tires into holes and can tear holes in sidewalls, and a ham fisted driving style, it is 1000% on the operator

When the 6mm setup gets here, I won't be grinding a flat spot this time. I will just seat the grub on to the hole and be very liberal with the thread locker. Also the strength difference between 5mm (more than adequate for most) and 6mm is considerable.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #207
Wanna get? Gotta want.

There is probably something to look at with the camber adjustments too if you have your camber falling away when the tire droops and making the shaft shorter?

I have some pointed set screws that would be perfect since you can simply put the point of the set screw in the hole for the locker. A tiny, tiny flat works on the shaft though too.

Keep in mind that Wheels7 has been beating on these for months and months with no issue and I think he has broken just about every other part of his car.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #208
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
There is probably something to look at with the camber adjustments too if you have your camber falling away when the tire droops and making the shaft shorter?

I have some pointed set screws that would be perfect since you can simply put the point of the set screw in the hole for the locker. A tiny, tiny flat works on the shaft though too.

Keep in mind that Wheels7 has been beating on these for months and months with no issue and I think he has broken just about every other part of his car.
Camber is not falling away, I bench checked that before I even put a battery in it.

You said it... Tiny, Tiny flat... After I ground my flat, I looked at it and went "Oh $#!&" I knew I took too much off and was just hoping it would hold. And it did through 3 packs of heavy bashing. It wasn't until I got to the rocks which is dramatically harder stresses on things that I ran into the issue.

No one to blame but myself
Old 02-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #209
Quarry Creeper

Everytime I come back here, I learn a valuable life lesson or crack up at some reply or comment, or best of all, garner knowledge I find useful to me personally or for my yeti build! That's a little amazing I would think!

Man you guys have got me so stoked to get my D-Lux front end that the anticipation is nearly killing me!
Rockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #210
I wanna be Dave

Who needs a Dude Rang? The original rang that I ordered back in mid January showed up today…

Rowdy was generous enough to send me another one at his cost and on my word that if my original order ever showed up, I would pay it forward.

If nothing else in life, I am a man of my word. So I offer up my now spare Dude Rang to an RCC brother or sister in need.

I do have a few requirements for you to be able to claim this rang however...

1) you must currently own a yeti
2) you must not currently have a Dude Rang for said yeti but want one
3) you must have a build thread here on RCC that I can look through and enjoy
4) you must provide photo evidence of said Rang installed in your Yeti upon receiving it.

Do not try to claim this Rang if you do not or can not meet all of the above criteria. If you do, can, and will meet all of the above criteria, reply here and shoot me a PM as well with a link to your build thread.

If you do meet all of the criteria, the rang is yours free of charge, I will even cover the cost of shipping.

This offer is for 1 rang and 1 rang only. The first to meet all of the criteria gets it, and no further rangs will be available from me.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #211
RCC Addict

I do in fact need a rang! And I'm pretty sure I meet said requirements. In fact....Was getting ready to order one.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
I do in fact need a rang! And I'm pretty sure I meet said requirements. In fact....Was getting ready to order one.
You do not need to point me to your build thread, I am familiar. Done, sold, it's yours!

Please do PM me your address again though. I had to delete it to keep my influx of PM's flowing.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #213
RCC Addict

PM sent.

Really appreciate it! Something to be said for paying it forward. I do it as often as I can. In fact I just sent out a kingpin this morning. Might not be much but it's enough to get a rig back running.

Can't wait to see that 1808 on here soon!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #214
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
PM sent.

Really appreciate it! Something to be said for paying it forward. I do it as often as I can. In fact I just sent out a kingpin this morning. Might not be much but it's enough to get a rig back running.

Can't wait to see that 1808 on here soon!

No problem, I'm glad it will be going to a good home and get used!

It should be pretty soon now on that 1808, Erik has gone as far as creating the shipping label, so he must be getting close on it!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #215
Rock Crawler

Awesome thread awesome dude ! Keep on keep in on brutha..lol

Eric sent me a tracking number look for new pics in my thread ..also have a few other scale surprises I'll be posting !!
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #216
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasco View Post
Awesome thread awesome dude ! Keep on keep in on brutha..lol

Eric sent me a tracking number look for new pics in my thread ..also have a few other scale surprises I'll be posting !!

Thank you sir! And I'll be keeping an eye on your thread as I have been. It is another one of the good builds floating around here.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:13 AM   #217
Rock Stacker

ok, i'm the noob... But what's a Dude Rang???
rob4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:19 AM   #218
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
ok, i'm the noob... But what's a Dude Rang???
It's a plastic ring that replaces the spring in the servo saver on the steering bellcrank on the Yeti. Nets you full capability of the steering under a load.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #219
Quarry Creeper

damn i missed out on the free rang give away...day late dollar short...story of my life

BUT on a happy note, Erik got some of my money today in hopes that some day soon i will be receiving my Dlux neutron bomb resistant front end and some sexy ass sway bars!!!!!

I may actually have to start picture taking and the like now and officially get my build started!
Rockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #220
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf View Post
I may actually have to start picture taking and the like now and officially get my build started!
Yes, this ^

Tags
axial yeti, dlux, extra wide yeti, i pitty tha fool, kit, rtr sucks, support the vendors, yeti

DLUX Swamp Squatch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
swamp kongs maui diesel Tires and Wheels 3 12-20-2006 03:54 PM