LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #1161
Rock Stacker

When zonkerd ?
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #1162
I wanna be Dave

may next couple of weeks get a head count plan a datei have a crew cab so i can take 5 people lets all carpool make a day of it
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #1163
Rock Stacker

I'm game
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #1164

Sounds like fun to me. If we plan for a weekend day, count me in for a seat E.
Smoke&Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #1165
Rock Crawler

Sounds good to me i'm down.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #1166
I wanna be Dave

maybe sunday the 27th? this coming one im putting on a winter comp at hobbytown of rocklin. let me check make sure the 27th is openso let get a head count and see who can carpoolI will nail down the date in the next couple of days.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkerd View Post
maybe sunday the 27th? this coming one im putting on a winter comp at hobbytown of rocklin. let me check make sure the 27th is openso let get a head count and see who can carpoolI will nail down the date in the next couple of days.

i will bee there at hobbytown on the sunday the 27th for the winter comp.....
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #1168
I wanna be Dave

the comp at ht is this sunday the 20th. is anyone going to g-6 saturday ? thinking i might go. i can take 4 if you want to carpool. might go also weather going over the pass is a factor
Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #1169
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
the comp at ht is this sunday the 20th. is anyone going to g-6 saturday ? thinking i might go. i can take 4 if you want to carpool. might go also weather going over the pass is a factor

is this a scale comp?
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #1170

Default dotons

Me and my bro are headed to Dotons today. Around 12:30 to get some drivin in before the rain hits. Anyone else who has the day off, come out!
abstractrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #1171
I wanna be Dave

Hobbytown is not a scale comp. We are having 2.2 pro and 2.2 sport. Now the g-6 in reno is a scale comp.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #1172
Pebble Pounder

Default Whazzzz up everybody

Dropping by again to say hi to all my fellow scaler buddy's up there in Sac. Martin, Bill, Gordy, etc.......... I see alot of new guys have joined in. VERY COOL. KEEP IT ROLLING. I did finely find a job down here in San Diego, im driveing class A tanker truck & trailer for a helicopter company. so I guess ill be here for awhile. the job contract is over in June of 2012. I plan on moving back then. I sure miss hangin out with ya all. BUT, I'LL BE BACK.

Dammit, they took my Avitar down. I guess I need to pay my subsciption.

Take care.
Derek
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #1173
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2ridemx View Post
Dropping by again to say hi to all my fellow scaler buddy's up there in Sac. Martin, Bill, Gordy, etc.......... I see alot of new guys have joined in. VERY COOL. KEEP IT ROLLING. I did finely find a job down here in San Diego, im driveing class A tanker truck & trailer for a helicopter company. so I guess ill be here for awhile. the job contract is over in June of 2012. I plan on moving back then. I sure miss hangin out with ya all. BUT, I'LL BE BACK.

Dammit, they took my Avitar down. I guess I need to pay my subsciption.

Take care.
Derek

Derek, good deal on the job. There are a few tanker jobs up here with min 1 year experience. I'm trying to hold off on the OTR jobs even though they pay well, I'd rather be happily married Take care BTW Bill moved away too and gordy got a 5B so haven't seen him in a while LOL

Last edited by fvrr; 02-16-2011 at 05:42 PM.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #1174
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Im going depending on weather over the pass.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #1175
Rock Crawler

I received a care package from sumquak (John H) the other day. A couple of cool scale items that John had made up, a snatch block, and schackle. As you can tell by the pictures his workmanship is outstanding, cant wait to try them out. Thanks John, it is guys like yourself that make this Hobby what it is.
Attached Images

Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #1176
RCC Addict

Nice Bill, I to got a set and wow John has done a great job with these for sure I already put them to the test with great results and couldn't be happier.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #1177
Rock Crawler

You are correct J, I havent tried them yet but man they are pretty. I miss attending your scale events you guys really do a nice job putting them on, please keep me in the loop on your up coming Scale event that James has been working on. Thanks Bill
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #1178
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'll see you there! I might go up there Friday and stay the night for Saturday but that depends if I'm drinking Friday Evening ;)
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #1179
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
I received a care package from sumquak (John H) the other day. A couple of cool scale items that John had made up, a snatch block, and schackle. As you can tell by the pictures his workmanship is outstanding, cant wait to try them out. Thanks John, it is guys like yourself that make this Hobby what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Nice Bill, I to got a set and wow John has done a great job with these for sure I already put them to the test with great results and couldn't be happier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
You are correct J, I havent tried them yet but man they are pretty. I miss attending your scale events you guys really do a nice job putting them on, please keep me in the loop on your up coming Scale event that James has been working on. Thanks Bill

thanks guys, thought you'd make good test dummies , please let me know of any breakage or changes you might make. keep an eye on the pulley to make sure it is spinning, this is the only issue with mine so far so i know how to fix it with out disassembly.

i'm trying some different ways of making both items to make the process less time consuming. bending of cotter pins and side plates to look right is the hardest, but it's getting easier with the new ideas i'm trying. just about all the shaping is done on the belt sander and i've learned to ruff them a little slower so i don't go too far, which i do alot. i only make 4 snatch blocks at a time so production is setting one down to cool and picking up the next one to do the same. i'm out of stainless and will make side plates from brass in the future as i think it's more scale looking and easier to work with, i need a mill to make shackles and that's the problem since they are usually set up and unavailable when i need them.

Bill, you missed Mel's extreme backyard with Team Lerk. jason set up 2 course on an area about half the size of fast track that were awesome, then 1 more we ran forward and back that were very difficult and i still got home for the super bowl, great day.

again thanks and wait till you see the next project somebody got me to make a few of. hopefully they get tested at the G6 saturday as i think there will be a little of the white stuff around and i get over the pass.

John
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #1180

who want to go to hobby town this saturday.....let me know
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM