Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Any Fresno Guys out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Any Fresno Guys out there?

I am definitely good to go for that, but can't this weekend. I am dying to try something other than my granite piles.
(side note) I was driving through Manteca the other day and stopped at the Kohls there that i heard mention of so many times in threads.....very nice. We need some of that around here!
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #22

Sounds good to me too, this weekend was going to be a wash for me too Larry, was gonna call you this evening and still invite you to CA, glad to se you found it! Millerton is good, there is a boat ramp near the old court house/jail with some good rock out croppings, I'll try to get some pics posted over the coming week. Monday is my birthday, might just treat myself to a solo trip up to the lake for some recon! I ordered a more scale body and mounts for my Losi, should be here mid week next week so hopefully it will be cut, painted and mounted.
Pete McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Mondays are hell for me as travel days, so I don't forget... Happy Birthday Pete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete McKay View Post
Sounds good to me too, this weekend was going to be a wash for me too Larry, was gonna call you this evening and still invite you to CA, glad to se you found it! Millerton is good, there is a boat ramp near the old court house/jail with some good rock out croppings, I'll try to get some pics posted over the coming week. Monday is my birthday, might just treat myself to a solo trip up to the lake for some recon! I ordered a more scale body and mounts for my Losi, should be here mid week next week so hopefully it will be cut, painted and mounted.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #24

Thanks Larry! Didn't make it up to the lake today, probably won't tomorrow with the rain coming in. Tower says by new body and mounts will be here about noon tomorrow UPS, you probably have the same guy I do (Mike) since you live in the same area. I went out and tore Hell out of my garden with my Micro Trekker though, got some dirt time in. Got my budget approved to get my wife her crawler the first of June, prolly another Night Crawler so we only have to buy replacements for one type. She's picked out a Jeep body for hers, now I'm just trying to talk her out of the pink paint...

Hey, add me on Facebook if you get a chance...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #25

Did a lot of work on the crawler today, Got my Bronco body and mounting kit, took the wheels apart and repainted the rings, removed the foams, moved the reciever up into the top of the battery tray...

I had one these exact colors in high school, bought it from a friend who played football for the University of Texas and later for the Oilers. I drove it my senior year and then sold it to another 11th grader when I graduated and went off to the Army. I have no idea where it went after that.

I may get some of that model airplane monocote trim in silver to do the window frames and the bumpers, no big rush I guess.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #26

Default Recon trip: Friant Cove Park

Went out to the place I would strongly suggest to anyone who wants a nice place to crawl with free admission and bathrooms handy. Refreshments across the street, picnic tables and TONS of area to crawl in.

Fresno area crawling recon. - YouTube

Went out today and did some tuning and crawling with my Night Crawler, I have a little work to do on it yet but I had a blast for the half hour or so I stayed out to play. See what you guys think....
Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the tip for a place to go. Not too far even from Visalia. Nice Bronco. I had one on a CC01 Tamiya.
NorZepol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Pete, the Bronco looks great. And I have to say that the Trekker may be starting to grab me after watching your video as well as others immediately after...

That spot looks great! Great work letting everyone else know too.

So is anyone going to plan for a gtg there on Saturday?
My Bully isn't fully back together yet, but I can pull an all nighter on Friday when I get home if I have to (hell, the baby probably won't let me sleep anyway!). I also have the girls' Redcat apart.... If I can't get either one of them finished up in time, I will still go just to watch what all of the other rigs are about!

I don't really Facebook very often but since most people do... maybe thats a better way for all of us to be able to check in a little easier for a gtg?
Larry Pollastrini on FB <--------
Old 03-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Hey, add me on Facebook if you get a chance...
There are several Pete McKays on FB.. give me a hint!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Has anybody else subsribed to this thread? I changed my settings to immediate notification, I get an email to my phone...

I don't have to remember to check this thread ever,
Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #31

Larry, use my email but remove the spams on either end.. spampete.mckay@yahoo.comspam. I sent you an invite too. Saturday is supposed to be sloppy, maybe the following Saturday which would be the 23rd. That might be better to let everyone here get stuff together to make it. I need to get an extra lipo and my payday is the Friday before that weekend. I made a deal with the wife, in early June I was supposed to replace my .44 mag, instead she 'suggested' I use that money to build a crawler and she'll drive my current one. Sounds like a deal to me, especially if we're going to be able to get some folks together to start crawling regularly.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #32

After a rain filled weekend I need a little time outside. So this coming Saturday (March 23rd) I'm going to be heading out to the Friant Cove rock garden for a little crawling. Anyone else interested can check out the posted video for directions and descriptions. I'm planning on being there for at least an hour (if nobody else shows up) between say 11AM and noon before maybe heading up to Millerton for some more recon. Look for my orange Kia Soul in the area.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

I got my crawler 95% put back together before flying out again this morning. I need to figure out a way to mount my servo with the clocked front tubes. I did take the time to run the family out there sunday afternoon to see it first hand. That place is awesome!

We might be going down to Fontana for the race, it will be a last minute decision based on weather. If we don't go , I will definitely meet you there.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwall85 View Post
Has anybody else subsribed to this thread? I changed my settings to immediate notification, I get an email to my phone...

I don't have to remember to check this thread ever,
I did too. I don't get out much with work and family but its good to know there are some of you not too far away.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
After a rain filled weekend I need a little time outside. So this coming Saturday (March 23rd) I'm going to be heading out to the Friant Cove rock garden for a little crawling. Anyone else interested can check out the posted video for directions and descriptions. I'm planning on being there for at least an hour (if nobody else shows up) between say 11AM and noon before maybe heading up to Millerton for some more recon. Look for my orange Kia Soul in the area.
Hopefully I can make it out. Just waitin on a couple of lipos from Cheap Battery Packs.com. It would be the first time out with my newly built UGC Fastback
Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #36

Norzep, if you can bring your micro as well, I'm taking mine up too. I only have one lipo at the moment but I have a really good charger that takes only about half an hour to rezap.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Norzep, if you can bring your micro as well, I'm taking mine up too. I only have one lipo at the moment but I have a really good charger that takes only about half an hour to rezap.
Yeah, I dont have lipo power for my micro yet. Ill bring it and my one other vehicle that runs. I have 3 vehicles that just need a couple of parts to be complete. I have a decent charger too. My daughter has a Volleyball tourney. I may not go due to not having a dog sitter. If I stay home Ill definately be there around 11.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #38

Looks like the weather will hold for Saturday, may get wet for Sunday, so the plan is still for a little crawling from 11 to noon! If nobody shows up at Friant Cove by 12:30 or so I'm going to head up to the Sky Harbor area behind Table Mountain, just drive until the road stops.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

I will show up a little early, maybe 1030 or so...see u guys all there...
orientalgunz_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

My bully still doesn't have the steering done after clocking the front axle. I am going to put together the girls' Redcat in the morning and we will come for a bit. We have a neighbors birthday party at noon, so we will probably get there a little early as well. See you guys tomorrow.