Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sac Area Crwalers June 17 gtg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #21
RCC Addict

so, let me get this straight, a crack in your front axle is making your rear wheel fall off, but you have since fixed the wheel from falling off, but the wheel has a wiggle. Sounds like it's time for a new build. I would just ca glue that crack in the housing, as for the wheel a little wiggle isn't bad. You should see my beadlocks
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #22
RCC Addict

No, a crack in the rear axle casing is wiggling the rear wheel. The other problem with the wheels falling off was totally different. There was two different breaks. One was the wheel falling off, which i fixed. And now i found a crack in the axle casing, which is making a different wheel wobble. I will probably try jb welding the crack back together. Oh and i am going to the axial comp.

I just jb welded the crack so hopefully that holds it.

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 05-22-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

great video once again! "YOU ROCK" looks like a great time!
airtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:38 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I'll try to go again. My wife and I loved it Next time I wont let her drink coffee and we'll stay longer too
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:44 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Wish I could have talked with you more Gula (huge VW fan here) and your lovely wife. I think its awesome that she shares your hobby to some extent and your rigs look cool doing it.
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulaVW69 View Post
I'll try to go again. My wife and I loved it Next time I wont let her drink coffee and we'll stay longer too
There is an nice little blue outhouse at the other bridge if she has to go again!
Looking forward to see you back out there.
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

ok kids..... this sat at 6:30 we will be at macdonalds in c.p. we will leave at 7;00 for the con. dont be late. if you are staying at my house, you wont be late. see ya friday night or sat in the am. .....
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster View Post
Wish I could have talked with you more Gula (huge VW fan here) and your lovely wife. I think its awesome that she shares your hobby to some extent and your rigs look cool doing it.
Yeah I really didnt get to talk to as many people as I wanted to since I tried to help the wife and spend time with her. She got the hang pretty good though I thought. She loved it too especially the sceenery. We figured it's something I like doing and we spend time together doing it which makes it fun and now she likes it a lot too. Really I'm a big watercooled guy and havent really taken the time to educate myself with aircooled although I have read a few articles on them. I own 2 VWs right now and hopefully I can sell the newer of them since it's my problem car. I currently have issues with the other one too though. I hope I can make it to this event since I'm still in School I might not depending on Homework assignments I have at the time:-( But I'm hoping for the best
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:20 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulaVW69 View Post
Yeah I really didnt get to talk to as many people as I wanted to since I tried to help the wife and spend time with her. She got the hang pretty good though I thought. She loved it too especially the sceenery. We figured it's something I like doing and we spend time together doing it which makes it fun and now she likes it a lot too. Really I'm a big watercooled guy and havent really taken the time to educate myself with aircooled although I have read a few articles on them. I own 2 VWs right now and hopefully I can sell the newer of them since it's my problem car. I currently have issues with the other one too though. I hope I can make it to this event since I'm still in School I might not depending on Homework assignments I have at the time:-( But I'm hoping for the best
In addition to my aircooleds, I have owned an 87 Fox Sport (one of 147 in the States, miss that car), 91 Golf Wolfsburg, 84 Rabbit, 99 New Beetle... Send me a PM with your problem and perhaps I have either had the same issue or know how to fix it. I also still keep in touch with a lot of my old VW buddies, so I can maybe find out from them too.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill c View Post
ok kids..... this sat at 6:30 we will be at macdonalds in c.p. we will leave at 7;00 for the con. dont be late. if you are staying at my house, you wont be late. see ya friday night or sat in the am. .....
You just going for the day or for the whole weekend?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

you guys suck, so you have a get to gether right after i leave to go to oregon for 3 months...
foodstamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:40 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Anyone need a tent? I have a nice Coleman dome tent that I am selling to fund a larger one. I believe it sleeps 6 if you are really friendly and has an inner height of 6' or so. Excellent condition, has all the poles and rain flap thingy. Could use some new tent stakes, but other than that its a perfect tent. We paid $119 for it new about 4 years ago and have used it once a year. No tears or pulled seams, always put on a tarp...

PM me if anyone is interested.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodstamp View Post
you guys suck, so you have a get to gether right after i leave to go to oregon for 3 months...

sorry man, I wanted to schedule around your leaving, but I am going to be in Reno the weekend before and wouldn't be able to be at the gtg.

maybe we can do something out at the lake during the week after work one day before you go.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #34
RCC Addict

My bruiser is coming on the 30th so i should have it ready by the gtg.

This is the part that is kinda weird. On ebay they said that the item location was arizona, but it shipped from new york. But the tracking says that they did ship it, so i don't think it is a scam unless the pics aren't what it actually looks like.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Document everything and keep screenshots of the ebay page (try to right-click on the images and save-as to your computer) so if its not, the shipper/seller cannot try to change things after the fact.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Ok, i'll try that now. I don't quite know how to do screenshots, but i will try.

Edit: got the screen shots.

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 05-25-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:37 PM   #37
RCC Addict

The only way to deal on ebay is the CYA way... Cover your A$$.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
sorry man, I wanted to schedule around your leaving, but I am going to be in Reno the weekend before and wouldn't be able to be at the gtg.

maybe we can do something out at the lake during the week after work one day before you go.

its all good, hey, were leaving the 27th, so i can go on the 17 ....maby i can get the hilux rolling by then, all i need is a esc (my tekin wont go in reverse for some reson) i have a radio now (with good batteries) and i need the bed.....i might have a tranny on the way, and after i get that, i need to figure out how to put shafts on it (a xxt tranny).......and i think im set to go
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Document everything and keep screenshots of the ebay page (try to right-click on the images and save-as to your computer) so if its not, the shipper/seller cannot try to change things after the fact.

nor cal............the print screen button on the top row of keys on your key board, then past in the paint program......get alot of pics, save your messages, double check......hope it works out dude, send me a pm after you get it k
Old 05-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Tent sales? I'm going to cry now.
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote