Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: sick of pre-orders/back orders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #21
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Thats bull. My suggestion is learn to drive.
I agree, driving skill can overcome a less built rig.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thats bull. My suggestion is learn to drive.
Pfft! Thats a horrible idea. Who has time to do that?
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
If you can't buy it....BUILD IT. What do you think crawlers have been doing since 2004?
LOL, here we go again. What if I left my tire moulding machine in my other pants? How am I supposed to get tires for my rig...
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinotCrawlerz View Post
"if you cant buy it build it" already have made homade digs for one,,,,its nice to have something professional, but im not going to spend 60K on a lathe and cnc......

2 if your concerned about the product NOT being finished to Quality standards, then why did they promise a shipping date, a shipping date means they should have already finished R and D, i think its more a case of , we need pre orders to gain a share of the market even though were not done, but if we dont theyll buy somewhere else.

Its good from a business sense! But The ORIGINAL point is that i just SUCKS! to be the consumer.

Severed is just stating this, and as it seems to be much interest here he has sympathisers.

#2 R and D was finished just fine. The fact is, we are having some parts hard anodized (which if done correctly would not have slowed anything down) yet when they came in are ran them through our QC and they did not meet standards. We will freely admit that we did not expect such a high interest in the product and have made advancements to do our best to meet the demand. That being said, we only released these 5 weeks ago, and even with the delay in faulty anodizing, most if not all from the first weekend are on their way out Monday afternoon, with more going out continuously after that. Fact is, without doing this in a presale fashion, there is no way to know how many/few to manufacture and thus not an easy way to produce them for a descent price...assembly line style is the only way to afford to make anything in r/c.

All that said, we are also conumers here at vf and go through the same headaches...and of course from time to time it definitely sucks.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #25

so your telling me theres gonna be no difference between rock lizzards and hammers or m2ks on the rocks?? or a diff between a novak crawler and a duratrax esc. equipment is part of racing, ALL kinds and they guy with the best usually wins if you have equal drivers. And dont tell me that isnt bs, yeah you have to be able to turn on the remote and drive. sorry about using the VF Dig as an example,

The VF dig is going to be AWSOME BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ALL MANUFACTURERS, and yeah it just sucks at times.

i love a good debate lol

Last edited by MinotCrawlerz; 03-29-2008 at 11:55 AM.
MinotCrawlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
so your telling me theres gonna be no difference between rock lizzards and hammers or m2ks on the rocks?? or a diff between a novak crawler and a duratrax esc. equipment is part of racing, ALL kinds and they guy with the best usually wins if you have equal drivers. And dont tell me that isnt bs, yeah you have to be able to turn on the remote and drive. sorry about using the VF Dig as an example,

The VF dig is going to be AWSOME BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ALL MANUFACTURERS, and yeah it just sucks at times.

i love a good debate lol
I'm telling you I made it to nationals in the super class with 2 mopeds a pair of $15 servos, stock clod axles, and a crappy am 4channel radio with no mixing. Parts don't win comps, drivers do.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
And dont tell me that isnt bs, yeah you have to be able to turn on the remote and drive.
I think you missed the point, Driving style tends to be everything in crawling. Even with the best rig, you take a wrong line and then you could get beat by a nylint!!??

Matt
littleskull99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleskull99 View Post
I think you missed the point, Driving style tends to be everything in crawling. Even with the best rig, you take a wrong line and then you could get beat by a nylint!!??

Matt
A guy one a comp around here the other day with a stock AX-10 and no dig................
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #29
MODERHATER™

Quote:
I'm telling you I made it to nationals in the super class with 2 mopeds a pair of $15 servos, stock clod axles, and a crappy am 4channel radio with no mixing. Parts don't win comps, drivers do.
Well said!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #30

Well when it all started we all did good with lesser equipment, but as things progress, so does equipment. and a gap is created with some equipment. enough things,,,,,dig, tires, bent links, blackjack chassis and there becomes a gap.

What sucks is i know there is a variable, driver skill and chasis setup, but tell me a dig couldnt make your truck work better. or a softer grippier tire. any real good cralwer is alwasy making or buying an advantage, thats what 95% of this sites about.

and if your moped and 15 dollar servos won a comp or two more, maybe you found something, thats the innovation side, im sure there will be more mopeds and 15 dollar servos out there if you won more comps! Whats fast is going to be the trend.(BTW thats bad ass) but moeny isnt the issue, you can build a good cheap chassis that works. like 3 bucks worth of cutting board, or two mopeds, horse a piece. i remember when we had WK crawlers, and the axial cam out, and we had to do SO much work just to compete with a box stock truck.(loved teh cutting board chassis and tubers i saw a guy make) i have a job, so its nice to order stuff.

and as far as coulds, yeah if the stars and moon align enough, anything can happen, Brittney Spears might even complete a rehab.

Last edited by MinotCrawlerz; 03-29-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #31
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Well when it all started we all did good with lesser equipment, but as things progress, so does equipment. and a gap is created with some equipment. enough things,,,,,dig, tires, bent links, blackjack chassis and there becomes a gap.

What sucks is i know there is a variable, driver skill and chasis setup, but tell me a dig couldnt make your truck work better. or a softer grippier tire. any real good cralwer is alwasy making or buying an advantage, thats what 95% of this sites about.

and if your moped and 15 dollar servos won a comp or two more, maybe you found something, thats the innovation side, im sure there will be more mopeds and 15 dollar servos out there if you won more comps! Whats fast is going to be the trend.(BTW thats bad ass) but moeny isnt the issue, you can build a good cheap chassis that works. like 3 bucks worth of cutting board, or two mopeds, horse a piece. i remember when we had WK crawlers, and the axial cam out, and we had to do SO much work just to compete with a box stock truck.(loved teh cutting board chassis and tubers i saw a guy make) i have a job, so its nice to order stuff.

and as far as coulds, yeah if the stars and moon align enough, anything can happen, Brittney Spears might even complete a rehab.
wuht?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

^^^^ thats exactly what im talking about, and ive seen it happen in the minitruck world(im not new to custom things, just this scale) a company was selling custom made parts and got way behind and ended up screwing ALOT of pepole out of ALOT of money...
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

It's been working well in this community, some of us actually enjoy and look forward to preorder opportunities. If it's not right for you then just don't do it. Nobodies twisting your arm to do anything here so just let it go, move on.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #34
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
LOL, here we go again. What if I left my tire moulding machine in my other pants? How am I supposed to get tires for my rig...
Build them We've been building tires since 04. All you need is a knife and some glue.

Quote:
"if you cant buy it build it" already have made homade digs for one,,,,its nice to have something professional, but im not going to spend 60K on a lathe and cnc.......
I don't have a lathe or a mill,CNC or manual. If you've got the knowledge and skill to use common hands tool and basic power tools,you'd be surprised what can be made.

If you want a professionally build product,let the professionals spend the time needed to produce a good quality part that will last. Seems to me that they are doing a great job to insure we get a quality product.

Quote:
so your telling me theres gonna be no difference between rock lizzards and hammers or m2ks on the rocks??
Oh,there is a difference.....I've run cut/modded Lizards. Believe it or not,once they are trimmed up a bit,they are not a half bad tire. Drove right through a few lines my sons Claws would not climb cause it was to slick. M2K's are still one of the top tires in crawling. Some even prefer them over all these new tires that are out. I'm running a new set of Badlands currently. Although they are a great tire,there were a few guys running old wore out Mashers at our last comp. They seemed to hold there own against the Badlands. There is no perfect all around tire for every location....PERIOD. Get or build a set that'll perform well and learn to drive with them. I agree with Kamikaze,learn to drive your rig with what you have and you can be competitive.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
Build them We've been building tires since 04. All you need is a knife and some glue.
How do you "build a tire" from scratch out of glue? I gotta see this. Does the knife give you extra grip or something? I'm confused....

I get what your saying raptorman but modifying a manufactured part is NOT the same as building something from scratch. Most of us can't build motors, tires, axles, tyranny's, shocks from scratch.

I agree 100% when people say its about the driving skill. You could have the best bought or built rig out there and still suck at a comp. Fab skills do not equal driving skill. Funny how the OG's defend a dig being legal in comp. Why? Because they built it and alot of newbs wouldn't know how to. That gives them an advantage. If people truly think its about the driving skill then dig should not be legal. Just how 4ws is not legal...

FLAME ON......

Last edited by Zardoz; 03-29-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #36
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
modifying a manufactured part is NOT the same as building something from scratch.
No,it's not....but your essentially trying to get the same thing.....an edge over the next guy. Modifying manufactured parts is,has and always will be the heart of crawling. THATS where you can get an edge over the next guy thats waiting on parts so he can "look cool".

Quote:
Most of us can't build motors, tires, axles, tyranny's, shocks from scratch.
You don't have to build something from scratch to get an edge.

I've run brushed motors from 25t all the way up to 100t....in 5 turn increments. I've yet to actually buy a lathe motor,and won't. If you read a few key threads on RCC,you can learn the basics of motor construction and how they work. You can learn different ways to get different results. Get a cheap motor,rebuild it and tweek it to suit your needs. Thats an edge over a store bought lathe motor. Small edge yes,but a touch more wheelspeed might get your dig working better than the other guys off the shelf 35t. A touch more wheelspeed might help climb a slick incline better than the guy running the new "cool" tire.

The same can be said for tires,axles,trannies,shocks and even a chassis. You don't have to start with nothing but raw stock to build a totally custom part. Improvise,adapt and overcome.

If that don't work,just learn how to drive.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #37
RCC Addict

I agree with a lot of whats been said here. Another thing to mention is that the new "cool" part may only have an incremental edge over the old stuff. Take a look at bender, last time I saw his rig, he was still running a home-brew driveshaft dig. The R2D has been around for at least a year, if he wanted it, I'm sure he could have got it. As for tires, the performance difference between, say claws and badlands is pretty small. Most of the difference is how they react and what the driver is used to, and each has drawbacks and advantages that will help or hurt on the same course. And chassis? You can have the newest, coolest chassis in the world, and if your suspension geometry and shock setup are wrong, you will have a harder time than the guy running a well tuned truck that was the fad 3 months ago. You're much better off sticking to a setup that works for you and learning how to drive. Just look at me, I spend ungodly amounts of money and time on this hobby, and I usually can't finish a course because I drive like a 3 year old.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

WTF? Are you new to life?

This is how the world works.... Make a small batch, and see how the demand is... That way you don't end up with a billion and one of something no one wants...

you are asking someone to predict the future... Trust me If someone could do that, the wouldn't be making parts for your toy trucks
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #39

Default could someone just delete this thread lol

could someone just delete this thread lol
Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Only the tard that started it. Fawking tards, if it sucks so bad get out of crawling and go to nitros or touring cars where they just keep releasing same old boring shit. If you don't like to wait, than don't fawking preorder! Outside the Nylint section and anything posted by M151, this has got to be the most useless and pointless thread.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote