Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: The AX10 polluted and degraded the 2.2 class!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default The AX10 polluted and degraded the 2.2 class!

one word lazynoobs

let the pointless arguing commence!

or in the words of Captain Tenneal...

GET IT ON!

Last edited by RCMFMaxxMan; 04-26-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
one word lazynoobs

let the pointless arguing commence!

or in the words of Captain Tenneal...
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ds/general.jpg
GET IT ON!
This is a bad idea
I'm all for people sticking thier foot in thier mouth and watching the aftermath, but this is just uncalled for.

Last edited by Mad Scientist; 04-26-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
This is a bad idea.
a rational person? on rcc? incredible! Well I voiced a theory on how clods killed the super class and how a motor mounted axle 2.2 would be a threat to the 2.2 class and I got ganged up on by countless noobs so then I was thinking, "what other ideas can I throw out there to raise some blood pressure?" (but really I do believe this is true)

disclaimer: a good deal of noobies are nice and humble but there is a selection that rub me the wrong way.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
a rational person? on rcc? incredible! Well I voiced a theory on how clods killed the super class and how a motor mounted axle 2.2 would be a threat to the 2.2 class and I got ganged up on by countless noobs so then I was thinking, "what other ideas can I throw out there to raise some blood pressure?" (but really I do believe this is true)

disclaimer: a good deal of noobies are nice and humble but there is a selection that rub me the wrong way.

Guess I am a noob too.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:12 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Guess I am a noob too.
well did you agree with me haha jk! sorry, maybe i use the word noob lightly and exagerate a bit but thats not the point of this post. well this post doesn't have much point just to vent and hear some reactions. resolutions and changes are highly unlikely so I won't say that is my purpose. but this is in chit chat for a reason.

What I think the problem is is that back when there was just the tlt for a 2.2 base, it kind of filtered out the lazy ones who didn't want to build and learn and experiment on their rigs. but now since the ax10 came out, which happened to be a pretty good crawler out of the box, all these people that know nothing about crawling and would otherwise never enter into this branch of rc, have now entered with this crawler that someone else designed and threw together all these parts gaining only knowledge of kit building. Now the filter is gone and a flood of these anti-diy people have come into the hobby and want all this bolt on hop ups and for us to tell them why their steering is stiff or something else that they would have learned by building the rig up from just the axles and then custom building the rest. You gain such an intimate knowledge for our rig that way and what works and what doesn't. Also you loose the respect for building because you've never done it. And when I say building I don't mean given all the parts and instructions and putting them together like a Lego set. Now I am grateful that the large increase in people participating in this aspect of rc has got a bunch of companies invested in it and competing to bring out newer, better, and more affordable products. I think that if a person wants to enter the sport and does not have it in them to appreciate building and creating stuff for yourself then they should be subject to a few months of lurking the forums and a few classes on the history and progression of rc rock crawling. This is my opinion but I think I am right
Old 04-26-2008, 02:38 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This is my opinion but I think I am right
I think you're gonna have an influx of haters come tomorrow morning.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
one word lazynoobs ...
I wouldn't say the AX10 'polluted' but it did draw in the 'lazynoobs'.

I got into crawlers something like 2 years ago (or whenever I signed up on this site). At the time there where no full blown Rock Crawler kits and everthing was pretty much made from scratch. It actually took some ingenguity, some mechanical aptitude and some basic fabricating skills to create a functioning truck. Or at least have a friend with those skills.

Now instead of a few dedicated enthusiasts who out of necessity had to have the mechanical knowledge of not only the 1:1 vehicles but also have an extensive knowledge of the RC industry to source componants to create thier vision, we've got a flood of mechanically ignorant people with out any appropriate skill sets jumping on the newest RC band wagon.

So I wouldn't say the AX10 polluted anything but I would say it's a retard magnet. I should know, I've got three.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:13 AM   #8
I joined the Band!

This thread sucks..
Old 04-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post

I got into crawlers something like 2 years ago (or whenever I signed up on this site). At the time there where no full blown Rock Crawler kits and everthing was pretty much made from scratch. It actually took some ingenguity, some mechanical aptitude and some basic fabricating skills to create a functioning truck. Or at least have a friend with those skills.

Now instead of a few dedicated enthusiasts who out of necessity had to have the mechanical knowledge of not only the 1:1 vehicles but also have an extensive knowledge of the RC industry to source componants to create thier vision, we've got a flood of mechanically ignorant people with out any appropriate skill sets jumping on the newest RC band wagon.

So I wouldn't say the AX10 polluted anything but I would say it's a retard magnet. I should know, I've got three.
see i knew i was right. Maybe I meant it polluted the 2.2 class with these kinds of people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I think you're gonna have an influx of haters come tomorrow morning.
Well you see I just earned my yellow belt in my ages 8-12 karate class with Sensei Phil and I have been dieing to try it out!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:46 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I probably should mention the whole AX polluting/retard thing is nothing new. Every hobby has it's share first timers who haven't the patience or taken the time to research whatever noob question pops up. Everyone was new once but most get over it. With this pretty much being THE RC crawling forum and the AX10 being relatively new to the general public, everyone seems come here.

But I won't bring it up because it wouldn't be a fun thread if I did.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I think it's all good that some people should start with an ax, but from there you would hope that they would take that as a learning curve and try to build there own rig rather than think they are better than you because they have installed a pre made rear steer kit
Old 04-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I'm 39 years old. I was racing Clods and RC-10's more than 15 years ago (NR/CTPA, ROAR, etc). I got out of the hobby and sold 99% of my r/c stuff because I didn't have the time to mess with it anymore.

I've done my bench time with r/c's. I've helped more than my share of "n00bs" fix stupid problems that they would have known the answer to had they built their kit instead of buying a RTR model.

I think the elitist attitude of the RCC elite has done more to steer people away from r/c crawling than the complexity of the kits. It's not a new attitude...I've seen it in every faction of r/c (offroad, onroad, oval, all the scales). I used to think the aero guys were the worst til I saw this place.

Yes, I'll probably be buying an AX-10 so I can have a better crawler than my WK right out of the box. I'm going to run it, then put it away for weeks at a time so I can handle the other aspects of a grown man's life (family, job, life in general). I know that makes me a "lazyn00b" in the OP's eyes, but I don't know him and have no reason to care about his opinion.

discuss.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

You know what is worse than lazy newbs??? Whiny bitches..........
Old 04-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
It wasn't the AX10..........it was the NYLINTS that started it!!
Old 04-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I am glad they came out with a semi-capable out-of-the-box crawler. It has accomplished alot for our hobby, and has actually improved our ability to build custom rigs & scalers.

1. We have a better axle base than the TLT or WK in which to base our creations.
2. There has been a flood of aftermarket support for crawlers. I was in the process of building an X-Factor based crawler a few years ago, and there was nearly nothing "crawler-based" available. Hell, you even had to build your own tires!
3. It's bringing new people into our hobby. In order for any hobby/sport to survive or even grow, you need new blood to replace the old who have left and/or become stagnant. Even though I still wanted a crawler, I would not be back into this hobby if it weren't for an affordable, readily available kit in which to base my rig.
4. My ADD is kicking in, so I forgot where I was going with this.

Anytime a sport/hobby is growing, you're going to have to take the good with the bad. Sure there will be newbs who come in and annoy the fawk out of everybody, and ask questions that have been posted a million times instead of searching. You can either get all butt-hurt and whine like a little girl, or you can try to steer them in the right direction. Usually one of two things will happen, they'll either get bored of the hobby and leave to go pursue their next fleeting interest, or occaisionally, they take the lessons & help and become a valued, contributing member.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Hmmmm.......another attention whore thread. "Look at me......talk to me.......I think I'll throw some gas on the fire"

Hey MODS, how about locking or deleting this thread?
No sense catering to "Whiny bitches.........."

What a waste of bandwidth
Old 04-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy5050 View Post

Hey MODS, how about locking or deleting this thread?
No sense catering to "Whiny bitches.........."

What a waste of bandwidth
Why? This is a train wreck waiting to happen and I am bored out of my mind!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
You know what is worse than lazy newbs??? Whiny bitches..........

Dont get me wrong, it is annoying that some of these guys come on here asking "Wut motr for my AX10". But like it was stated before, everyone is new at some point. I am sure that you have gotten advise about a motor, speed control or something of that nature. Alot of these guys just dont want to throw money away not know if what there about to buy is the best or not. And to make it even worse, everyone has internet now. And axial stuck one in us and broke it off when they put "Visit www.rccrawler.com for you problems" in the owners manual.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Even Bacon couldn't save this thread...

BD, Franky, and Dirk might make a Fresca appearance though.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

...Dont look now but traxxas and HPI are releasing bigger and better RTR vehicles ALREADY installed with BIG brushless units...We get users all the time asking the same old questions...

...And as the units are getting bigger and faster the risk of someone getting physically hurt is increasing at an alarming rate...

...Call it an invasion or call it progress but in the end it is the manufacturers who are calling the shots and making sure that whichever market is scheduled for a push that quarter, gets their GROWTH...RCMFMaxxMan you may as well spend your time mailing all the vendors and manufacturers and ask them to stop making anything new...That should keep you busy

...Dont worry RCMFMaxxMan Pretty soon a whole bunch of NOOBS you dont like will be running off to RCDesertRacer.com or
MyE-REVOcausedmealawsuit.net...Other low-count users, who i presume you are marking as noobs, will stick around for the warm comraderie of seasoned members like yourself

...gee, and to think that i only really wanted to add a quick comment to subscribe to this thread

...FYI: E-Savage.com is the ONLY officially HPI-affiliated forum for the platform...
Closed Thread