Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 2009 Forward only ESC rule?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
I don't see how having no reverses will make events run quicker since there are still time limits in place, but it will make judging easier not having to watch every little move and catch the tiniest rollback.

Regardless, I have supported this since its' first mention almost a year ago.
If the judges don't want to do Their Job and watch the truck, they shouldn't be judging. It seems like the people that want to take the reverse out are just being lazy. Maybe this whole "RC Crawling" thing will just be a fad after all.

Last edited by Shaun; 10-04-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #82
Built, not bought

Let me get this straight.If I start on a course and forgot my beer,I can't back up to get it?
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Also this "Forward only ESC" rule would provide an advantage. If only forward ESCs were allowed, and that's the only regulation, then people with more channels on their radios would just switch to another ESC that's prewired and then use that one to back up. Just lower the time limit if you are really that lazy.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #84
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
If I start on a course and forgot my beer,I can't back up to get it?
I put a beer at the finish line usually...
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
I'm guessing thats what the "cool kid clique" is trying to do...
I never knew there was a "cool kid clique" on RCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
If the judges don't want to do Their Job and watch the truck, they shouldn't be judging. It seems like the people that want to take the reverse out are just being lazy. Maybe this whole "RC Crawling" thing will just be a fad after all.
Its not their JOB they volunteer and if they dont volunteer then you dont get judged so why even show up right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
Let me get this straight.If I start on a course and forgot my beer,I can't back up to get it?
Sure back up get your beer and go to the next course
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Just use full beers as gate markers, gives you a real purpose to finish the course quickly(don't want those gate markers to get warm).
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Just use full beers as gate markers, gives you a real purpose to finish the course quickly(don't want those gate markers to get warm).
now that is a rule I will agree with I wouldnt need reverse then
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Or to make things interesting as you pass each gate you gotta drink the beer... should see some more gutsy crawling that way... or at least more full throttle crawling.
Speedyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyboy View Post
Or to make things interesting as you pass each gate you gotta drink the beer... should see some more gutsy crawling that way... or at least more full throttle crawling.

wait what about you have to drink a beer for each reverse..

then we could have puke hazards on the course..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #90
RCC Addict

This rule will absolutely help reduce the length of a comp, there will much fewer people.

I will deal with whatever rule is decided on,but I know that this would create an even larger rift between people who are starting off and people who which to compete at a higher level.

Would someone who knows, tell us if the points system is being adjusted, if you can roll backwards without points, if a roll over just counts as a reposition now etc..

Until I hear some more details, I have no idea how I feel about this. (I am also aware that most people do not care how I feel)

Last edited by renoirbud; 10-04-2008 at 12:20 PM.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

forget the beer, ashot of tequila for every gate passed. Shots for gates, then we won't have to score a gate because no one would even dare hit and spill a gate marker. Party foul!! Seriouly though, I don't see the no reverse esc working. we need reverse to prevent a rollover, or to try roll back on your tires after a rollover. Here is a idea. Mount your body on a servo so when you need to back up you spin your body 180 deg the truck is again going fowards, the when you are ready spin the body again and head in the right direction.

On a serious note, I judge and it is tiring it would be nice that judges get a rotation half way threw a big comp. I know people will complain but maybe the complainers should judge a while to have some sympathy on the guy who stands there all day while everyone else drives, chats, and has a good time between rounds.

Last edited by TK-twister; 10-04-2008 at 12:23 PM.
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-twister View Post
forget the beer, ashot of tequila for every gate passed. Shots for gates, then we won't have to score a gate because no one would even dare hit and spill a gate marker. Party foul!! Seriouly though, I don't see the no reverse esc working. we need reverse to prevent a rollover, or to try roll back on your tires after a rollover. Here is a idea. Mount your body on a servo so when you need to back up you spin your body 180 deg the truck is again going fowards, the when you are ready spin the body again and head in the right direction.

Spinning the body does not help you, if your ESC does not have reverse. You would still be driving the tires in the wrong direction, have another beer.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

two esc wired in together with a electonics switch. therfor you will have only a foward wired esc. then spin your body and you cannot get assesed a reverse point. See how ridulious this thread is getting
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #94
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerguy851 View Post
Also this "Forward only ESC" rule would provide an advantage. If only forward ESCs were allowed, and that's the only regulation, then people with more channels on their radios would just switch to another ESC that's prewired and then use that one to back up.
the rule doesnt bother me as long as it means NO REVERSE wether it be through ESC or home fabrication. you start letting people fabricate reverse setups your just gonna irritate and/or discourage people from attending comps.

but just an observation on this ... if people are complaining about the time taken up with reverses, how long before they start to complain about the guys on their roof spinning ( in one direction in 2009 ) tires hoping they can flip the rig back?

Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #95
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I came up with a solution for this. My rig can run upside down!

at this
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

at this
There is always one cheater
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #97
Official Cook of the ECC

I think this the best thing to happen to RC crawling. I can't wait. I am disabling my reverse right now.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

at this

SHHHH, you were not supposed to tell that you will be running one of the crazy bugs that our friends brought with them from the far East.

But actually being upside down still only gives you the ability to run in one direction. You need a mechanism to flip the car over to drive backwards and then flip it back to drive forward again (I am sure you have a brushless, biasable Giro somewhere in the shop)

PS This thread is getting dumb, we need to know if it a bunch of BullSh!t or what the other rules will be. Simply saying no esc with with reverse is not a good enough rule, that leaves it open for me to run a Mechanical speed control piggybacked and get my reverse that way.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #99
Who's your Daddy-0!

Stop ! Just deal with the rules and get over it. Or just learn how to pick a line and drive
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #100
MODERATOR™

Forward only ESCs, and mechanical speed controls are not allowed.

Start practicing.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote