Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: GM killing off an iconic division

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
if you dont like them then hit the ignore option and dont read them. do you need someone to tell you to move cause a cars comming? yes i am and can be a asshole. most people cant take being told how it is. not the way they see it. let me guess you bought 3 grand ams ,or sunfires.then didnt do the repairs when called for ie timing belt. then bought a holden rebadged as a gm. all of the big three have had paint problems since going to water based paints with clearcoat. the problems come up when the temp. changes more than 15 to 20 degrees. this makes the paint act weird. the mix needs to be adjusted. the diff. in temp makes the paint dry before it sticks to the car. are you happy i went back and put the spaces in to make it easy to read?
WOW, I for one am very impressed. You learned where the space bar is. Congrats bro. iforonewasgettingtiredoftryingtofigureoutwhatyouwe resayingwhatwithallthegettoslangandall.

Now if we could only get you to understand why GM is in this trouble. What do you call it when GM employs "lightbulbs" or "copiers". Stupid for one. But thats ok, most companies do. You know what they call those people out here in the reall world... ASSISTANTS. I know its hard for you to keep up, but just try, we believe in you.

I will make this simple for you. In a nutshell the reason GM is in trouble is because of themselves. They refused to change their ways and grow with the auto industry, they figured they were the mighty General Motors and they could do whatever they wanted. They sold cars with body gaps you could drive a truck through, they sold cars with poor paint quality, they sold cars with poorly designed motors, they sold cars to you i'm sure that had poorly designed suspension geometry and those are only a few of the problems. And the worst part... They charged more than their cross town, and overseas competitors. Thats what drives people away. When they finally did starting making cars a little better they also had massive price hikes that drove people away. Ya know why the Camaro and Firebird died. Cause the cars were an inferior product sold for more money than the Mustang. Sure they had bigger motors and were marganilly faster, but what does that matter when no-one wants to buy it cause its a POS. If GM had listened to the industry, to their consumer and the general public 20 years ago they wouldn't be in this situation now. Ford at least had the balls to step up, mortgage their company and all its assest for 24 billion back in 2004. Ya know why. Because they were in trouble. Guess what Ford did. Changed the way they did buisness. When Toyota made less of a profit in 2006 than it did in 2005 ya know what they did. Fired their CEO, and the President of North American opperations, and got in new people to take things seriously, shake things up, and shut down the bueracricy that was starting to spread like a flame. It worked. What did GM learn from this. NOTHING. I wish they would have. I wasn't alive then, but way back when GM built some of the best cars you could buy. Cadillac was the pinacle of luxury. Chevy trucks actually worked worth a damn, Buick wasn't a half assed old peoples car, It built serious performance into a decent family car. What happened to GM... you tell me.

I for one am glad the GM is most likely going to lose it all, or at least most of everything they have every had. Maybe they will start building better cars at prices people can afford.

At the same time I, probably like most people are, am deeply saddend to see one of Americas biggest companies crash and burn.

GM used to be something. Now they are just a joke.

Oh, and btw, I'm sorry I called you gay... Turns out yous a wanksta. Naw wha im saaayin G.

Last edited by soundcolor; 04-30-2009 at 06:23 AM.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
let me guess you bought 3 grand ams ,or sunfires.then didnt do the repairs when called for ie timing belt. then bought a holden rebadged as a gm.
I don't mean to split hairs or anything, but the Holden wasn't rebaged as a GM. It was rebadged as a pontiac.

Sorry man... carry on
Old 04-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
The Solstice and Sky are done in 2009 (some 09 models will likely be called 10's though). There are no plans to continue the Opel Roadster line in the US.
I recently read that. GM doesn't plan to carry over any models from Pontiac or any other division
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

My thoughts on The General: Streamline. I own a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue with the 3.5 DOHC V6 - A.K.A. the Shortstar, A V-6 Northstar. One of the best engines built. My dad, rest his soul, bought the car new. Overpaid but that was his and the dealerships fault, they ran the old bait and switch "Oh, that sale price was for stock number xyz123 and we just sold it, but here's one just like it for 4k more..." but that's another story and I to this day wish I talked him into buying an Avalon. ANWAY, one of the best engines I ever put foot to floor to and it was only available (to the best of my knowledge and internet research) in the Intrigue. Now, in the 9.5 years since, dang near every other part of the car has been replaced but the engine was a jewel. My point: why was it only available in the Intrigue? OK, I'll give youse guys another one: The turbo 4.3/AWD powertrain in the Syclone/Typhoon. 0-60 in less than 5 secs and the best chassis you got for it is a truck? A truck? Ok. Why not a 4 or 5 seat 2 door sedan w/appropriate suspension tuning to match, and interior trim that is more fitting of Pier 1 vs Dollar General? World beater. Oh, and while we're at it, lets kill off the fullsize RWD Impala, that we're selling every one of that we can build so we can make Tahoes. Everybody wants a Tahoe. Nobody wants a 5 seat rwd sedan that has a corvette motor (GM was preparing the chassis for the LS1 when they killed it) for the price of a Honda Accord. Oh, don't get me started. Why was there never a legitimate competitor to the BMW M3 or Mercedes S-class with all the resources at GM's disposal? My ex-wife and my cousin both have S-Class Benzes and everytime i ride in one I ask myself why can't someone built a car this size, with this trunk space and rear seat legroom without all the luxury accomodations at a price point in the mid to high twenties? One more and I will end my drunken ramblings. Can I get a solid front/rear axle 2 or 4 door, long or short bed pickup truck with a stick operated hi-lo x-fer case, manual hubs, stripper interior for under 20k? I can get that, and all the above if I wait long enough, because some foreign company will recognize the niche and fill it while the white collar blue bloods sit around with their thumbs up their butts instead of on the pulse of Middle America. I'm done ya'll share that. Oh yeah, and Dear Ford: Can I get a Thunderbird along the lines of the 86-88 Aero-Bird Thunderbird? A stretched Mustang with a real back seat and some addlitional luxury items as opposed to some retro throwback that was the answer to a question nobody asked? If I wanted to drop 55 large on a '55 i would buy a restomodded mid fifities-early sixties T-Bird not some plastic fendered New Beetle headlight and taillight having piece of WTF. And the Lincoln LS should've had the Cobra motor. OK I'm through.

No I'm not, the LH sedans (Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum and Charger) should come with the Viper V-10. You put that in a truck, I'm just sayin. Oh, and the Charger should have been available as a coupe with hideaway headlights. And you got rid of the Cherokee for the Liberty? Really? Ok, now I'm done.

Last edited by DEVROCK; 05-04-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention
DEVROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVROCK View Post
Oh, and while we're at it, lets kill off the fullsize RWD Impala, that we're selling every one of that we can build so we can make Tahoes. Everybody wants a Tahoe. Nobody wants a 5 seat rwd sedan that has a corvette motor (GM was preparing the chassis for the LS1 when they killed it) for the price of a Honda Accord.
The reason they killed off the RWD impala was for an even better reason than building more tahoes...

They wanted to build and sell a FWD impala that would cost more, and that nobody would like.
Then they went a step further, really kicking buyers out the front door with a SS model that was just a body kit...

Hey, at least GM is building those cars no-one wants