Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: wasted my $$ on a RTC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #21
Trying to have Fun Again

How can anyone think a $279 RTC crawler is gonna do great against the rocks. Most comp crawler are started with that price and go up from there. I have over a $1000 or more in my berg comp crawler.

When I had my axial had a little less then my berg but still bigger dollar amount in it than that RTC.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #22
Hateraide

i originally bought a rtr, and now have a thousand into it, jsut like someone said before its a start to get u going for cheap, its not a full comp rig out of the box, unless you buy a used one for 750-1200 than you would be getting some thing good if spent a good amount of money
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
so why flame the guy for buying a RTC as advertised?? If any of you went to Wally world and bought a tv for the same money and it got 1 channel you bet you would have your happy A$$ at the customer desk raising cane.
Its the BS hype building hypocrits that advertise this SH*T as RTR and RTC that makes R/C life miserable and the A$$ holes that say "OOO I told ya so" So lay off the poor guy he learned his lesson. Now we need to support him and not let this be his introduction to crawlin. DUDE send me a pm, I have some stuff from the axial crap that I got suckered into buying that I would gladly donate to get you crawlin.

THANKS! but thats ok,I'll come up with some stuff sooner or later
moparman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #24
Trying to have Fun Again

Old 05-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #25

Theres one thing for certain...I will never sink that kind of $$ into ONE RC....trust me been there and done that before,and no more!
I'm not looking to get into doing the comp thing all the time anyways.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rockcrawler View Post

LOL.........
Old 05-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
so why flame the guy for buying a RTC as advertised?? If any of you went to Wally world and bought a tv for the same money and it got 1 channel you bet you would have your happy A$$ at the customer desk raising cane.
Its the BS hype building hypocrits that advertise this SH*T as RTR and RTC that makes R/C life miserable and the A$$ holes that say "OOO I told ya so" So lay off the poor guy he learned his lesson. Now we need to support him and not let this be his introduction to crawlin. DUDE send me a pm, I have some stuff from the axial crap that I got suckered into buying that I would gladly donate to get you crawlin.
You are kidding right? He came on to a forum, shooting his mouth off about the budget version not being 1337 enough for him and blaming the company?
It's an entry level crawler, everyone knows that within 5 mins of research.
I say it's a damn good deal for the money, it's a solid platform with some basic electronics to get you started, like all rtrs.
Karadjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

pass me beer red!!!!!!!
josh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
Hateraide

if ur not looking to get into many comps, than that should be just fine than, axial makes great products you just decided that you would try the easy way out and it wasnt up to your standards well you bought so dont complain, should have done so reading
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #30
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh97 View Post
pass me beer red!!!!!!!
Here you go!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! thats awesome! Just tinker with it moparman trust me it is a good start to a nice rig if u want it to be....
Old 05-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
x2. I didnt know this forum existed until after someone was nice enough to give me an Axial as a present. I was sorely disappointed in the capabilities of the Axial from what the person told me it was capable of doing as a crawler. Granted they didnt do a whole lot of reseach. All they were going on is what the guy at the LHS told them. So to bash a guy for not being happy with a RTR/RTC product is silly IMO. Just let him vent them help him fix what he thinks are the deficiencies in his crawler.

With responses like what are given here it is no wonder this is still a sub culture hobby.

I thought this forum was here to help even when someone isnt happy with the product they have on hand.

Last edited by BMFOTP; 05-25-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added info
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadjas View Post
You are kidding right? He came on to a forum, shooting his mouth off about the budget version not being 1337 enough for him and blaming the company?
It's an entry level crawler, everyone knows that within 5 mins of research.
I say it's a damn good deal for the money, it's a solid platform with some basic electronics to get you started, like all rtrs.
OOOHHH I am soooo sorrry I didnt read on the add where it said its limited to 30 degree incline and no rocks bigger than a quarter. Get f-in real dude it says RTC in american that means "READY TO CRAWL" I dont think he bought it on the way to a comp!! My buddy bought one of the ARTR and it folded the links going over house bricks, and yes 900 dollars later its still a piece of crap. Now you can ask him about the hype b-s that surrounds this hobby. Go and look at your comp winners and do some reading its more about driver ability than the price of your rig.

HEY RED ROCKCRAWLER pass me a beer this is fun!!

Last edited by hbj069; 05-25-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: just havin fun
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFOTP View Post
x2. I didnt know this forum existed until after someone was nice enough to give me an Axial as a present. I was sorely disappointed in the capabilities of the Axial from what the person told me it was capable of doing as a crawler. Granted they didnt do a whole lot of reseach. All they were going on is what the guy at the LHS told them. So to bash a guy for not being happy with a RTR/RTC product is silly IMO. Just let him vent them help him fix what he thinks are the deficiencies in his crawler.

With responses like what are given here it is no wonder this is still a sub culture hobby.

I thought this forum was here to help even when someone isnt happy with the product they have on hand.
YEA, what he said!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

I just hope u are going to try and make it more capable than what it is.... i also think this sport is about driving more than anything. So maybe take a few min to ask a couple of questions about the rig u have and make it so much better than what it is.. i have had good luck with my axial prouducts myself.... But lets also remember we are playing with toy cars for bowling tropheys!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:26 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

God damn, this generic beer tastes like piss. I never would have thought that spending half the money would get me less than full quality.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

hbj069 u silly. i just want people to help the guy. okay, he is mad. now lets get him on the right path so he can learn and enjoy the hobby. i mean you should have heard what i was thinking when i found out what my axial couldnt do the first time out on the rocks. i found this forum and got flamed a few times and told a few people to kiss my rump. I am still here because i just cant give up on a project. i know i will never be a national champ, but i do want to build a comp worthy crawler. i think we should help him get to same point. just my .02cent. what do i know i am new. at times i wish i could just get my $20 member fee back and just read the threads.:-(

Last edited by BMFOTP; 05-25-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added info
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #38
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
HEY RED ROCKCRAWLER pass me a beer this is fun!!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFOTP View Post
hbj069 u silly. i just want people to help the guy. okay, he is mad. now lets get him on the right path so he can learn and enjoy the hobby. i mean you should have heard what i was thinking when i found out what my axial couldnt do the first time out on the rocks. i found this forum and got flamed a few times and told a few people to kiss my rump. I am still here because i just cant give up on a project. i know i will never be a national champ, but i do want to build a comp worthy crawler. i think we should help him get to same point. just my .02cent. what do i know i am new. at times i wish i could just get my $20 member fee back and just read the threads.:-(
LOL I agree!! OH well I am out. LOOKIN for a newbie to befriend!!!

PEACE
Old 05-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #40
Keep it real

Quote:
and yes 900 dollars later its still a piece of crap.
That's too bad you don't know how to properly set up a truck.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote