Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: wasted my $$ on a RTC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #61
Pixel Pusher

I think this sums up this thread.....

I bought this here truck at HobbyClown and took it out of the box at the rocks and ran it. It sucked.

Then, I got on the largest R/C crawler resource in the world and bashed it.

Then I got mad when people told me to STFU.

I'm apparently didn't realize that:

A: Product bashing posts will ALWAYS end this way

B: If I would have put weight in the wheels it would have improved 50%

C: If I would have used a decent battery the steering servo may have performed better

D: Now I feel like everyone hates me

That about cover it?

The Moral of this Story?

If you would have come on here and asked a few questions before you purchased, you would have known all of this. There are many people here, myself included, that are more than willing to help out newbies. All you have to do is ask.... politely.
FreqEsKinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freq E Tag View Post
I think this sums up this thread.....

I bought this here truck at HobbyClown and took it out of the box at the rocks and ran it. It sucked.

Then, I got on the largest R/C crawler resource in the world and bashed it.

Then I got mad when people told me to STFU.

I'm apparently didn't realize that:

A: Product bashing posts will ALWAYS end this way

B: If I would have put weight in the wheels it would have improved 50%

C: If I would have used a decent battery the steering servo may have performed better

D: Now I feel like everyone hates me

That about cover it?

The Moral of this Story?

If you would have come on here and asked a few questions before you purchased, you would have known all of this. There are many people here, myself included, that are more than willing to help out newbies. All you have to do is ask.... politely.
Thank you. 'Nuff said
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #63
Pixel Pusher

And I'm sure someone will say "They should include the weight"

Not a smart idea for a company to pay to ship a pound of lead with every truck they sell all over the world....
Old 05-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFOTP View Post
people would read forums if they knew they existed for certain products. also, some people dont have the time to search the net for forums for everything they buy. america is built on impulse buying. so if someone buys a product because that product is advertised to do a certain thing they are not going to get online and search for forums for that product before they buy said product. lets be real.

guess i should stop posting now before i get booted

BMFOTP ......Well you hit the nail on the head there buddy.... AND THANKS FOR THE INVITE TO THE NRA,I use to be a member years ago,unfortanly I'm not currently one.

I"M SORRY that I don't have HOURS UP ON HOURS(like some people on here must have) to do research on something that has JUST BEEN released,I have tried to find out more about this product from others,but I could not find very many posts on it at the time.
Look I'm not a rookie by no meens at this hobby,I have been into this hobby for longer then some of you out there have even been alive. I do know what I was getting and looking at when I was standing there in the hooby shop debating whether or not to get it? I was just stating my opinion on this truck.

To be honset there was a good reason for why I purchased this truck,but at this time I will not tell why its a (TOP SECRET PROJECT)....it was mostly a comparison test for me. I never thought it would blow up like this. I guess next time I'll just keep my comments to myself.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU who are willing to help out guy out though!
moparman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #65
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freq E Tag View Post
And I'm sure someone will say "They should include the weight"

Not a smart idea for a company to pay to ship a pound of lead with every truck they sell all over the world....

They should include a copy of Bender in each box so he can show them how to use it right.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #66
RCC Addict

My $.02... I have a $650 dollar plus crawler that sits on a shelf most of the time. I am planning on selling it and replacing it with the RTC. Thats right..The RTC. I have read and reread the BENDER thread on his and I think thats its the best entry level crawler available. If you read the thread, the first thing he did was ad weight and breather holes to the wheels while the battery was charging. It people take the time to read first then threads like this wouldn't turn into a BITCHFEST. Thats all
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #67
Trying to have Fun Again

Or we send this guy to the homes of the guys that start bitch fest threads.

Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #68
Pixel Pusher

I take back everything I said.

You are right.

This thing does suck: RTC Video
Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

waist of money.... i think not!

well i picked up my RTC last week for $249 that is a fabulous price and cant complain about it one bit. Did i expect it to take 1st place at a comp, probably not. i knew going into it i was going to up grade as I go along. i loved the idea that i can take it out of the box and GO! i was going to buy the losi comp crawler but the axial has more support than any other crawler and i have the option to take my RTC as far as i choose. does it have some things i don't like about it, yes but thats just human nature to find faults in everything and wanting more and more. this rig was made to get you started in the right direction and take it as far as you want and most of all HAVE FUN!!! don't take the fun out of this HOBBY.

someone pass me a beer! its time to rock and roll!
medina619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #70
I joined the Band!

My post disapear a lot I was up to 65

Which one of you guys is this??
Attached Images

Last edited by outofreach; 05-26-2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Suprised its still here
outofreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #71
RCC Addict

one thing most forget is that each driver drives differently and each rig needs to be setup to that drivers liking, you could take my rig the has $1600-$1800 into it and let the a national camp drive it and he probably say it sucks

just upgrade your RTC model to your liking
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Smile

I was actually going to bother with quotes and everything, but since you lot don't even know what he did wrong, I will just try to explain.

He has been a member since 2005. He learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in those 4 years. He did not do any bit of research and he hasn't learned that RTR electronics are just there to get you started. He says himself that he would be happy with an ARTR, so why didn't he buy an ARTR? Oh right, he didn't take 10 minutes to read. He has not been away for those 4 years, he has posted in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

How is this Axial's fault? What gives him the excuse to bash the company because he bought the wrong one? People have jumped in to help him, offering links to how-tos and tips. He just chose to ignore the information he had known has been here since 2005.

It's not a matter of being friendly to newbies, I haven't had a problem getting into the hobby and I have never being unjustly flamed, and neither has anyone else. It's a matter of attitude, not everything is someone else's fault.

And yes, I do research on >$250 items.
Karadjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I guess I will bother for another couple of minutes.

So you built a clod crawler..
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman89 View Post
Hey guys, working on my first clod crawler,got a couple of ?s'
I'm running two matrix 55 turn motors, and was wandering if most people use 9 tooth pinions? If so I have adjustable motor mounts but the problem i have run into is that the pinion has to be WAY out on the end of the shaft in order for the gears to mesh up straight with one another, is this the way to do it or put the pinion closer to the motor and let it only run on half the gear? What else is there to do about this? What about running stock pinion without the adj. mounts?
Are you suppose to just wire up the one motor backwards or rotate the endbell?
Thanks
motor and pinion ?

Then you had a TLT
Quote:
I'm looking for part #5455002 and #9804180, these are the two main gears for the TLT axles,I can't seem to find them anywhere, getting very frustrated with Tamiya for dropping the TLT truck, just makes it harder to get parts for now! Does anyone have any spares or no where I can get some ,Thanks

Please email me if you have any?
moparman1989@yahoo.com
HELP..need parts?

And you mentioned an axial-axled scaler. The pic doesn't come up in your scaler thread, but it sounds like a pretty nice one.
It's dumbfounding, you've been posting on and off for 4 years, built a scaler, a TLT and a clod crawler and you still didn't know which AX10 would be best suited to what you want to do with it?

I still don't get your reasoning, you are bashing Axial because you should have bought the ARTR... nope, no sense at all.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #74
Hateraide

well considering his email is moparman1989 sounds like hes jsut a 20yr old thinking that he should be gettin the best product in the world for $250!!!!
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Thing is, he's built crawlers before. He knows better.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:07 AM   #76
Hateraide

you would also think he would know after being on here so long not to start bashing something that he hasnt even done any research on
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well,I just bought a the new AXIAL RTC yesterday,and what can I say......what a waste! I should had just bought the ARTR I guess,it was only $10 less,thats why I went with this one considering it had a servo and motor and all.
This thing got hung up on more rocks,it did climb decent in stock form,the radio is JUNK! The steering basically sucks...just to much plastic onthis truck! They should be ashamed for putting such a junk steering setup on a crawler!
The esc has NO delay to reverse but has delay from rev. to forward...thats doesn't make sense to me?
I got on AXIAL website blog... last night ....and tried the things they did as far as adding weight to the wheels and all,but its raining out today so I can't try it out now....just wish now I would had bought the other one and put my own electrics on it!

I'll be honest...my scale truck goes better over some of my rocks then this crawler does!

I'll give you $150 for it :-P

Of course the radio is junk!!

Of course the ESC is cheap!!

Of course the servo is a little underpowered!!

The RTC is not going to compete with a tuned comp rig straight out of the box. It is meant to get you crawling in a matter of minutes, not hours/days.

Get a new servo, new ESC and swap your reciever from your scale rig (better radio, right?). I actually like plastic links; they slide over rocks instead of getting caught up on stuff.

You complained about the ground clearance? what type of crawling are you doing? I have my GC set lower than the RTC and rarely get caught on stuff.

Please explain your expectations and how the RTC didn't meet them. Don't blame Axial for your expectations being too high!!
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #78
Rock Crawler

Heres my opinion.
If you wanted a very capable crawler out of the box, then you should have bought at the very least the ARTR.
If you are dissatisfied with the product then remember, you choose to forgo the better version yourself. You apparently didn't do the research you needed to do.
Instead of blasting AXIAL for making a "poor" product, look at the bright side. You have a good base for building a great truck. Shouldn't take much to turn it into a capable rig.
Just like the MRC. Its decent out of the box, and comes with everything you could need. However to keep the price low, they had to cut some nicer things our. I put about 90.00 bucks into my MRC and it performs admirably.
Yes, it may cost you a little to upgrade things, but either way, you would have spent that money. If you got the ARTR, you would have to buy your own electronics, if you get the RTR, then your gonna have to replace some of the parts that you dont like. Its a wash to me.

I, have already made the mistake of bashing a company on here. I learned real quick that I was only bitching about my own failings. I should have read up more, I shouldn't have expected to have a "great" crawler. Don't get me wrong, if a company builds a real crappy product, then they should hear about it. If you went out and spent 600.00 bucks on a top of the line roller and then threw another 300.00 in electronics, and the chassis sucked, then you'd have something to bitch about. But you didn't. You bought a budget version of a rig that is built for people that can't afford, or are not ready to take the plunge into crawlin.

There are litterally hundreds if not thousands of upgrades for you AXIAL. And the best part, they arent real expensive. So, ask around, read the AXIAL forum, learn about your truck and upgrade it.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rockcrawler View Post
When I started you had to buy a $80.00 rig just for the axle's and make the rest of it.
I kinda miss those days!! :-(
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #80
RCC Addict

if you were smart enough to come here to complain than you are smart enough to also search and read here as well. Anything RTR or RTC is going to need work. I think the majority of us wish we would have bought axles and a tranny when we look back. Everything on our rigs is heavily modded. My point is that we all learn and make our own changes to suit our style and needs. A Axial/Losi/Venom, etc.............. is going to need mods no matter what. Just start learning and reading more. Might not be a bad idea to ask a mod to change your screen name, lol.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote