Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: PeePee's F1 thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #381
Quarry Creeper

The race sunday was awsome! I can't believe it was on FOX! The racing has been spectacular this year. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the kerrs and DRS but they both have been very cool to watch.
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #382
MODERATOR™

On the Fox program did they talk much about next year at Austin?

I watch the BBC coverage and I don't think they talked about it for more than a few minutes, if that, or if at all cause I can't really remember.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #383
I wanna be Dave

Just finished watching the race, best one so far this year.
GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #384
MODERATOR™

Here we go!

Lewis Hamilton and Tony Stewart car swap!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #385
I wanna be Dave

I think Tony got the better half of that trade.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #386
MODERATOR™

Valencia:

- Double DRS zones with a single activation point
- Teams required to run the same ECU map in quali that they run the race with
- Last event for the "exhaust blown" diffusers
Old 06-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #387
RCC Addict

At least they give them more than 1 area to use the DRS, which actually seems to help with the overtaking. Now if they let the drivers use the DRS whenever and where ever they wanted on track, that could get interesting, Kobayashi dive bombing the shit out of everybody lol.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #388
MODERATOR™

From what I can recall, Valencia has been boring for years. Hopefully this spices it up some and makes for some good action. Topping the last couple races will be tough to do.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #389
MODERATOR™

And even holding a candle to the last couple races didn't happen.

I like the attempt to curb the Red Bulls with the fuel maps... yeah, that didn't work out in the least bit.

Schumacher with the bonehead move of the day, and while on an out lap! Duh! He looks worse than the rookies do, sometimes.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #390
I wanna be Dave

Yup, very boring.

The mid season rule change banning the blown diffuser looks to be another attempt to slow down the RedBull blitzkrieg.

With the testing ban I wonder how effectively the teams with blown diffusers will update their aero package/exhaust routing within the chassis.

The next race should be interesting to say the least...
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #391
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
I wonder how effectively the teams with blown diffusers will update their aero package/exhaust routing within the chassis.
Better be VERY effectively, or they're screwed. It's not like the other teams are exactly slow.

Redbull has probably started out with this: http://www.formula1.com/news/technic...1/860/875.html

And a crappy attitude from Alonso, Ferrari's Fernando Alonso has admitted defeat in the battle for this year's title after Sebastian Vettel's sixth win of the season in Valencia.

Though it'd be tough to be optimistic I guess when you're complaining your team can't win if you're 0.8 seconds behind...

Quote:
"If anyone thinks we can win being eight-tenths of a second behind [Red Bull] they don't understand Formula 1."
That, which comes from a former World Champ you says he's having the best season of his career!? Just admit Vettel is on his game more than anyone else!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #392
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Just admit Vettel is on his game more than anyone else!
50% car
50% driver

+/- 50%
Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #393
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yup, very boring.

The mid season rule change banning the blown diffuser looks to be another attempt to slow down the Red Bull blitzkrieg.

With the testing ban I wonder how effectively the teams with blown diffusers will update their aero package/exhaust routing within the chassis.

The next race should be interesting to say the least...
Red Bull will fair the best with the mid-year diffuser changes, they have Adrian.

Quote:
50% car
50% driver

+/- 50%
33% Car 33% Driver 33% Luck

DRS and KERS made a usually boring race at Valencia in to a decent event, must be time for some rules changes to ruin it,
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #394
DRN
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh says we need two races in the states! West coast and east coast. Now that would be spectacular!

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...tin-whitmarsh/

Formula one needs the US but Martin Whitmarsh has admitted he would have preferred a pair of races on the east and west coasts.

After Indianapolis hosted America's most recent Grand Prix in 2007, the sport will return to the USA next June to race on a bespoke circuit in the capital of Texas.

But Austin is in the United States' central south rather than on the eastern seaboard featuring New York, or the west close to Washington or California.

"America doesn't need us, but we need to conquer it," Whitmarsh, not only boss of McLaren but also the F1 teams alliance FOTA, said during a fans forum on Thursday at the British team's Woking factory.

"Maybe we need to have two races a year and a proper marketing program. We have to conquer America — that's a five-year program. We've got to be on the East Coast and the West Coast.

"It's a big enough market and an important enough market to have two races and we should be over there.

"I have nothing against Texas and I hope it's a very successful race, but the natural hinterland for us is the East Coast and the West Coast. Long Beach and around New York, those are the places where we're going to create interest in F1," added Whitmarsh.

Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn agrees: "That (the East and West Coast) is the commercial and business side."

And Force India's deputy team principal Bob Fernley added: "The West Coast and the East Coast are the natural homes for F1 in America."
DRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #395
MODERATOR™

Watkins Glen.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #396
I wanna be Dave

Road America
Old 07-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #397
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Road America
X2 on Road America, they would have some major changes to make at turn five though.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #398
MODERATOR™

I thought they used to run F1 at the Glen?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #399
RCC Addict

The diffuser changes will do nothing to RedBull for running order. Newey was already barely using the effectiveness of the EBD. McLaren on the other hand will struggle. Part of RB running the rake in the car is to open up the volume of the diffuser. Their channeling and the changes they have made all add to that volume. Horner was already quoted as saying they are not hot blowing i.e. running raw fuel and igniting it to force more volume( also think anti-lag in Rally cars). My bet is they were opening the throttle bodies and cutting fuel to load the diffuser making the V8 an airpump for the race they were hot blowing for quali though.

I think Ferrari will also be in the McLaren camp somewhat look for them to struggle but as pointed out by Scarbs they have a valve they ran in Valencia that looks to be an inlet or 1-way of sorts that may also act as a passive pump for the diffuser. Could be an ace in the hole, just haven't figured out how they are working with it. if that is what it is.

--disclaimer not a trained engineer just my observations from reading bits and pieces around the web.

I'm excited to see how Ricciardo gets on in the HRT( i know POS car) he is in high esteem and could be Webber's replacement if he shows well. half a season in the HRT with some silent RB cash then a year in the Torro Rosso and '13 in the factory car.

Another great forum for reading up on the tech side of the cars.
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/?si...c0d7a567bc5f68
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #400
MODERATOR™

Saw this, thought of all you and this thread, then posted it.

Tags
i mean honestly?, what are we doing here