Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Marijuana legalization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Racing View Post
Reading through some of the responses, seems a few of you have led an awfully sheltered/brainwashed life to say the least......in all honestly, some of the responses are well, completly uneducated and laughable!
Bacon
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Reading through some of the responses, seems a few of you have led an awfully sheltered/brainwashed life to say the least......in all honestly, some of the responses are well, completly uneducated and laughable!
Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean they are uneducated on the subject...nor does it mean that the person has lived a "sheltered life"....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean they are uneducated on the subject...nor does it mean that the person has lived a "sheltered life"....
But it's just easier to label and dismiss than to have a reasonable debate on a subject when other disagree with you.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
There are plenty of condo, apartment and highrise dwellers in metropolitan areas that do not have yards to grow anyting. I can't even grow cooking herbs.

My condo association uprooted my herb garden of basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary I had outside my front door and slapped me with a $100 first offense fine and a note that said 2nd offense is $500.
My cousins that lived in a trailer park grew it in their closet, they'd normally have 5-10 plants. A lot of people grow it in doors to control its growing cycle. It will not start to bud until it senses a change in seasons which is triggered by less light and colder temps. You keep weed under grow lights so it always thinks its summer, which makes it grow larger before it buds, producing bigger buds with higher levels of THC.

This is how the police catch a lot of pot growers, the grow lights take a lot of electricity. A 3-bedroom house consuming the power of a warehouse constitutes probable cause.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
X's 2, OR have their own opinion. Last I knew, you didn't have to be educated to have opinion

Opinions are one sided, like minded people will agree, everyone else is just wrong. (that's what it seems like these days.)

Why worry about legalizing pot anyway, raptures coming in Oct.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

You might wanna check your history books on this.....many states actually kept prohibition in some form until the 60s. No state that I ever read about legalized booze again prior to the 21st Amendment being accepted.

As for the legalize and tax it theory not working cause people would just grow it......History doesn't support that at all. A simple fact "In 1919, a year before Prohibition went into effect, Cleveland had 1,200 legal bars. By 1923, the city had an estimated 3,000 illegal speakeasies, along with 10,000 stills.An estimated 30,000 city residents sold liquor during Prohibition, and another 100,000 made home brew or bathtub gin for themselves and friends. "

There probably isn't even 1000 stills in Cleveland anymore. Making your own booze is VERY easy. From beer or wine (both legal for home brewing) to Distilled Spirits (not legal for home brewing), you rarely see any of it brewed at home.

It's easy, you legalize it....people will just buy it. Sure some will grow it, but won't be anywhere near whats growing it now.

Besides, you expect lazy pot smokers (pun intended) to actually do work when they can just go buy it!

Later EddieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonshark View Post
That's how alcohol prohibition was ended. States started to legalize it on their own, then the federal goverment cave in.

SS
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
X's 2, OR have their own opinion. Last I knew, you didn't have to be educated to have opinion

Opinions are one sided, like minded people will agree, everyone else is just wrong. (that's what it seems like these days.)

First off, my use of the word uneducated was in NO way intended to be a jab at anyones educational level/paper with your name on it, etc. And your both right, everyone is entitled to thier opinion........beauty of the good ole US of A!

Perhaps I should have used the word "uninformed" instead.

My comment was really directed at some of the rhetoric puke that sounds like it comes stright out of a D.A.R.E. brochure, with absolutely no questioning if the governments "facts" are accurate or truthful. We all know they never lie to us. Or the, my friends cousins uncles sister on my nephews side smoked it once and now thier brain is hanging out thier ears.....
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
....my use of the word uneducated was in NO way intended to be a jab at anyones educational level/paper with your name on it, etc.....
I was not referring to a person's formal education....but their education on the subject at hand.

And my statement still stands....just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are "uninformed" on the subject.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:

haha another rapture..i think we are in the middle of it..i agree we are entitled to an opinion..but seriously my question to you is what would you being forced to do personally, do you lie awake at night worrying about what your neigboor might be doing ib the privacy of his home?..i just want to know whats being forced?
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

If they have not taken the time to truly investigate/fact check whats been force feed into thier brains, but rather just spew out whatever has been told to them as fact by some goverment cohert......then yes, I would consider them to be uninformed. But that's just my opinion .
Quote:
I was not referring to a person's formal education....but their education on the subject at hand.

And my statement still stands....just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are "uninformed" on the subject.
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

So, then what would you consider a good source of information on this subject?

Really, I am not trying to antagonize here, just wanting an answer to my original question about the "zero side effects"...
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

what doesnt have a side effect if overused?..seriously i,m very on the pro freedom side obviosly but i think its foolish to believe it has zero side effect, but i believe they are negligable with moderate use..less side effects than most perscrip meds, and alcohol, tobbacco..etc etc
Old 06-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Exactly. That was my point. I really could care less if the law was changed...as long as it doesnt directly impact my life. However, I always read posts of this nature and see people saying things like what the OP of this one did in regard to "health effects".....and it simply isnt true.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #54
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
what doesnt have a side effect if overused?..seriously i,m very on the pro freedom side obviosly but i think its foolish to believe it has zero side effect, but i believe they are negligable with moderate use..less side effects than most perscrip meds, and alcohol, tobbacco..etc etc
I've heard that it makes you think you can fly and you're likely to jump out a window! I guess that's why they call it "getting high", crazy kids
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
You might wanna check your history books on this.....many states actually kept prohibition in some form until the 60s. No state that I ever read about legalized booze again prior to the 21st Amendment being accepted.

As for the legalize and tax it theory not working cause people would just grow it......History doesn't support that at all. A simple fact "In 1919, a year before Prohibition went into effect, Cleveland had 1,200 legal bars. By 1923, the city had an estimated 3,000 illegal speakeasies, along with 10,000 stills.An estimated 30,000 city residents sold liquor during Prohibition, and another 100,000 made home brew or bathtub gin for themselves and friends. "

There probably isn't even 1000 stills in Cleveland anymore. Making your own booze is VERY easy. From beer or wine (both legal for home brewing) to Distilled Spirits (not legal for home brewing), you rarely see any of it brewed at home.

It's easy, you legalize it....people will just buy it. Sure some will grow it, but won't be anywhere near whats growing it now.

Besides, you expect lazy pot smokers (pun intended) to actually do work when they can just go buy it!

Later EddieO
Exactly tomatoes grow like weeds to.. But I buy them in the store.

Can pretty much guarantee 80% of your typical potheads are not going to work their buts off to grow some primo shit, if they can just grab a pack of good shit driving threw the local drive threw while picking up beer and Doritos...

not to mention the stuff smells like shit.. your local condo/home association is not gonna let you grow it.. You can smell it threw walls.. Might be OK in the old trailer park next to the mobile meth lab.. but house's that normal people strive to live in it will never be excepted..

Last edited by sloppy; 06-24-2011 at 02:00 PM.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #56
Suck it up!

Quote:
Last I knew, you didn't have to be educated to have opinion
Opinion: the Earth is flat

Add Education

New Opinion: the Earth is round

Quote:
Opinions are specific to the evidence gathered and the ego of the person giving them. A wise man will welcome the contradictory.

Quote:
I thought adults didn't believe in imaginary holidays...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Exactly. That was my point. I really could care less if the law was changed...as long as it doesnt directly impact my life. However, I always read posts of this nature and see people saying things like what the OP of this one did in regard to "health effects".....and it simply isnt true.
haha ya with all due respect to the op i think 17 year olds should not be involved in the legalize debate..i dont think it helps the pro side, thats the kind of thing the no side like to get all exited about
Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Agreed.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #59
No idea what I'm doing

I don't smoke...tried it but it wasn't my thing.

However I think it should be treated like homebrewing beer. You can grow it and posses it (up to a certain amount), but you can't sell it or buy it. I think spending all this money to "fight" marijuana, or to prosecute someone because they have a joint in their pocket is a big waste.

Alcohol is legal and I know a bunch of people that don't drink...it will be the same thing with pot. Everyone thinks if it's legalized, there's going to be a bunch of stoned people running around like maniacs, smoking at work, in their cars, driving trains, shooting guns, operating heavy equipment, knitting socks etc.. .......I just don't think that's the case.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Why marijuana should stay Illegal.

1910: “Marihuana is the most frightening and vicious drug ever to hit New Orleans.” —New Orleans Public Safety Commission

1920s: “Makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.” —H.J. Anslinger, Bureau of Narcotics

1930: “Marihuana is responsible for the raping of white women by crazed negroes.” —Hearst Newspapers Nationwide

1932: “Hasheesh goads users to blood lust.” —Hearst Newspapers

1935: “Marihuana influenced negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men’s shadows, and look at a white woman twice.” —Hearst Newspapers

1937: “Marihuana is the most violent drug in the history of mankind.” —Congressional Testimony, H.J. Anslinger, FBN

1938: “Marihuana is more dangerous than heroin or cocaine.” —Anslinger, Scientific American, May, 1938

1938: “If the hideous monster of Frankenstein came face to face with marihuana, he would drop dead of fright.” —Anslinger, FBN, quoted in Hearst newspaper

1937-50: “Negro entertainers with their jazz and swing music are declared an outgrowth of marihuana use which possesses white women to tap their feet.” —statements to Congress by Anslinger, FBN

1945: “More harmful than habit-forming opium, inducing fits of temporary insanity.” —Newsweek, 1-15-45

1946: “Marihuana is an important cause of crime.” —Bureau of Narcotics, Newsweek, 11-18-46

1948: “Marihuana leads to pacifism and Communist brainwashing.” —Anslinger, before Congress

1973: “Marijuana increases breast size in males.”

1974: “Permanent brain damage is one of the inevitable results of the use of marijuana.” —Ronald Reagan, LA Times

1974: “interferes with reproduction, disease resistance, and basic biological processes.” —Daily Oklahoman, 11-19-74

1980: “Marijuana leads to harder drugs.” —Reagan Administration

1985: “Marijuana use makes you sterile.” —Reagan Administration

1980s: “Marijuana leads to heroin; marijuana causes brain damage.” —the 17-week D.A.R.E. Program

1986: “Marijuana leads to homosexuality, the breakdown of the immune system, and therefore to AIDS.” —Carlton Turner

1990: “Marijuana makes you lazy.” —Partnership for a Drug-Free America

1992: “Marijuana is ten times more dangerous than 20 years ago.” —Presidential Candidate Bill Clinton
athenscyclist is offline   Reply With Quote