Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Marijuana legalization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Smoking anything is harmful. Vaporizing or eating the material would eliminate a lot of potential damage.
i eating would be the best way for health, vaporizor next..the reason smoking is generally perfered is because its much easier to dose that way..once you eat something you on the bus for the whole trip same reason cancer patients dont like the synthetic thc pills..one pill maybee not enough and maybee 2 is 2 many

Last edited by vonclod; 06-24-2011 at 04:16 PM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Never been to Cali?
Nope. Dont really care too either.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Smoking anything is harmful. Vaporizing or eating the material would eliminate a lot of potential damage.
Exactly. So it sounds like the method of consumption determines the hazards to the user.....kind of like anything, including alcohol.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
i eating would be the best way for health, vaporizor next..the reason smoking is generally perfered is because its much easier to dose that way..once you eat something you on the bus for the whole trip same reason cancer patients dont like the synthetic thc pills..one pill maybee not enough and maybee 2 is 2 many
Don't forget you feel the effects much faster when smoking or vaping it, when you eat it it takes a little longer, the high is also very different and generally stronger when eaten vs smoked.
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Exactly. So it sounds like the method of consumption determines the hazards to the user.....kind of like anything, including alcohol.
I should start vaping my alcohol or maybe make some tequila brownies
Old 06-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #106
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Not everyone who's for legalization smokes.

Tried it a few times, don't do it now, for recreational use I could take it or leave it. Certainly a more enjoyable buzz than drinking, without the hangover the next day.

But...for pain management it is a wonderful thing. So much better that handfuls of pills that mess you up in other ways, get you addicted, or have even more debilitating effects.

Watching my step father-in-law dying of cancer and taking half a dozen pain pills a day that either put him to sleep or backed him up so bad he couldn't crap for 4 days was horrible. Not too much better off than if he were just in a coma.

I've also got a family member with crohn's disease AND lupus. She's almost in constant pain. When she was able to work and had medical coverage, she was able offset a good deal of the pain with marijuana and be functional. After a while her condition degraded to the point where she was unable to work, lost her insurance coverage, and had to turn to medicare, which screens her for illegal drug use. Funny thing is they had no problem offering her everything from percocet to vicodin to morphine to methadone, which have a greater potential to do her harm.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrwannabe View Post
new at your local watering hole..injectable jello shooters

Last edited by vonclod; 06-24-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Tried it a few times, don't do it now, for recreational use I could take it or leave it. Certainly a more enjoyable buzz than drinking, without the hangover the next day.

But...for pain management it is a wonderful thing. So much better that handfuls of pills that mess you up in other ways, get you addicted, or have even more debilitating effects.

Watching my step father-in-law dying of cancer and taking half a dozen pain pills a day that either put him to sleep or backed him up so bad he couldn't crap for 4 days was horrible. Not too much better off than if he were just in a coma.

I've also got a family member with crohn's disease AND lupus. She's almost in constant pain. When she was able to work and had medical coverage, she was able offset a good deal of the pain with marijuana and be functional. After a while her condition degraded to the point where she was unable to work, lost her insurance coverage, and had to turn to medicare, which screens her for illegal drug use. Funny thing is they had no problem offering her everything from percocet to vicodin to morphine to methadone, which have a greater potential to do her harm.
sorry to hear that..its ridiculous the shit they push
Old 06-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrwannabe View Post
You probably wouldnt be the first.

I was not trying to say that alcohol was safe and "science has proven that it has no lasting affects".....merely making a point that what the OP stated about marijuana was purely untrue.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #110
Yashua

Quote:

THANKS FOR SHARING REAL AND POSITIVE INPUT
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #111
Old guy

Quote:
Then that means it is 100% FALSE.
oh.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #112
Yashua

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyh View Post
so, then what would you consider a good source of information on this subject?

Really, i am not trying to antagonize here, just wanting an answer to my original question about the "zero side effects"...

it does'nt have zero side affects, just like an aspirin is toxic to some people, a light weight will have a differant effect than someone that is used to it. My pcp told me himself that edibles are the first choice and vaporizing is second for medical users, the only thing about the edibles is they can last many hours longer than a few puffs. But of course it has side affects that some users cannot tolerate, and smoking it is just bad like cigs are.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
it does'nt have zero side affects....and smoking it is just bad like cigs are.
Yep.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
You might wanna check your history books on this.....many states actually kept prohibition in some form until the 60s. No state that I ever read about legalized booze again prior to the 21st Amendment being accepted.

Ohh man, you are right. I had it mixed it up some...

From wiki:
Congress passed the "Volstead Act" on October 28, 1919, to enforce the law, but most large cities were uninterested in enforcing the legislation, leaving an understaffed federal service to go after bootleggers.

So if, cities or states stop enforcing, either the fed's will have to step up or give in. So perhaps people need to work on getting their cities and possibly states to really not enforce it and force the goverments hand to do something.

SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
You probably wouldnt be the first.

I was not trying to say that alcohol was safe and "science has proven that it has no lasting affects".....merely making a point that what the OP stated about marijuana was purely untrue.
I know you wernt trying to say it was safe, I just took the opprotunity to make a bad but semi funny joke As far as the op is concerned he seems a little clueless on every aspect of this topic with the spewage of his first post.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #116
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonshark View Post
So if, cities or states stop enforcing, either the fed's will have to step up or give in. So perhaps people need to work on getting their cities and possibly states to really not enforce it and force the goverments hand to do something.

SS
IIRC, a few years ago when there was a boom of legitimate medicinal marijuana outlets in California, the Feds did step in and shut a good number of them down. Legal on the state level, but not on the Federal level.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #117
Rock Stacker

The Union: The business behind getting high

This vid does have more canadian content for the people interviewed but the info told goes for both side of the border. Id say more but this movie should give a few of you some proper info and there are more short vids if you are interested.

Last edited by Crawlernoobie; 06-24-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Crawlernoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

yet they collected taxes from some of the dispensaries, state and federal
Old 06-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

It's a lot different now too. You have multiple agencies from the feds that can step in and enforce, unlike in the 20s when things like the DEA didn't exist...it took a while to get stuff under control as best they could federally, but as you saw with the numbers I posted for cleveland alone, no amount of federal enforcement was gonna do much.........and everyone local was either paid off, threatened, killed, or part of the operation themselves....

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Been smoking for 35 years. I dont drink or take any pills to fix my mood. I have worked the same job for 20 plus years, I think it should be legal. In Mass if you have less than an ounce its a 100 dollar fine, they cant pull you over for smelling it either.
Thats where I got my user name from.
hanstone is offline   Reply With Quote