Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: WTF ....250K = Corporate Jet?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Not at all, I just found it really funny that you would basically state that this is a country of ignorant, misinformed people and that they like it that way.
So being a right leaning country equals ignorant, misinformed? No bias there. Just get back from Bigot City....again?

Does the right wing media make mistakes? Absolutely. Nothing w/ human involvment is ever perfect.
dezfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #62
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Electrons dont exist?

doh! I smell a new investment venture for Wall Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
So being a right leaning country equals ignorant, misinformed? No bias there. Just get back from Bigot City....again?

Does the right wing media make mistakes? Absolutely. Nothing w/ human involvment is ever perfect.
They're your words. Lets review:

Quote:
I said they were successful because this is a right leaning country. I NEVER stated they were "correct/unbiased.
Lets break that down.

Quote:
I said they (right wing media) were successful because this is a right leaning country.
If I'm correct, then the right wing media has success because they are supported by a right leaning demographic. Without the support and acceptance of a right leaning demographic, they wouldn't have the success that they do, right?

Quote:
I never stated they were "correct/unbiased".
By "never stating" that, one could conclude that you believe that they (right wing media) are incorrect and biased.

So when an incorrect and biased news organization receives support from its target demographic, what does that mean? To me it means that either A) they are unknowingly being duped, which would mean that a whole lot of them are pretty lazy, ignorant, or just plain brainwashed, or B) that they are knowingly being duped and continue to support such media outlets only because they are being told what they want to hear, regardless if its false, spun, or exaggerated.

Can the same be said of the left leaning media? Absolutely. The root of the problem is that actual, factual news is boring. Nobody is going to sit for an hour and listen to average, everyday goings on around the nation or around the world. But if you can take that news, sensationalize it, spin it to make the people in your target audience sit up and take notice, then you've got a goldmine. And that is what the media does.

But there is a difference between making a mistake and generating spin to appease the masses. Mistakes are usually apologized for and explained, and if possible, avoided. Generating spin means taking a little kernel of truth, and spinning a story (real or not, usually not) around it to suit your bias and keep the money and support rolling in.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-30-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Again, from my perspective, the fact that this is a right leaning country that "shockingly" prefers to watch Fox that is right leaning in it's reporting is only natural.

Nothing lazy or uninformed about it. As we have discussed, the rest of the media is so far to the Left that it leaves little in the way of options, and just because they watch Fox doesn't mean it's their only source of news or information used to base their opinion on.

That said, it leads me to believe you're being biased toward those on the right. I never see multiple page threads expressing what misinformed, lazy, idiots the veiwers of the MSM are.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #64
Suck it up!

Quote:
That said, it leads me to believe you're being biased toward those on the right. I never see multiple page threads expressing what misinformed, lazy, idiots the veiwers of the MSM are.
I don't watch MSNBC, nor are there many topics brought up by those that do. If someone were to start a thread glorifying the leftist rhetoric and their news affiliates, you can bet I'd be all over it. But will you ever see me start a thread on either side? Nope.

I used to watch both Fox and MSNBC up until I realized that they were both mostly full of shit.

Quote:
As we have discussed, the rest of the media is so far to the Left that it leaves little in the way of options, and just because they watch Fox doesn't mean it's their only source of news or information used to base their opinion on.
If I go to the store for vanilla ice cream, buy the "only" tub advertising pure vanilla ice cream, get it home and open it only to find that its full of nuts and chocolate swirls, that doesn't mean I should just accept it and live with it.

Saying your news network is "fair and balanced" when it clearly isn't says a great deal about the people running the place, and of those that support such a thing. Hell, their slogan used to be "if you only get your news from one source, get it from Fox". Again, they pander to people who aren't interested in doing research to find facts and truth, only what they want to hear.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-30-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I used to watch both Fox and MSNBC up until I realized that they were both mostly full of shit.
I actually watch fox exclusively in the morning.....they have a hot weather chick. During the day, I read CNN.... When metal is not on in the car, I'll listen to NPR.....click and clack are funny as hell!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Wow!

All I wanted to know is if Obama's Proposed Tax Plan (Taking away Tax Cuts for those making over 250k) lines up his speech were he wants to take away tax cuts for corporate jet owners so that seniors won't die, kids won't lose scholarships, and food won't become unsafe.

So far no one has shown me were his speech lines up with his actions
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #67
I joined the Band!

Quote:
...and so we are all on the same page, at what dollar amount are you not considered to be a small business owner? $400k? $500k? $1m?
i believe its 500 employees, another thing i cant agree with
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #68
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Wow!

All I wanted to know is if Obama's Proposed Tax Plan (Taking away Tax Cuts for those making over 250k) lines up his speech were he wants to take away tax cuts for corporate jet owners so that seniors won't die, kids won't lose scholarships, and food won't become unsafe.

So far no one has shown me were his speech lines up with his actions
I never heard "$250k" in this last conference. Millionaires, billionaires, and jet owners, yes, he did say that.

Anybody know when the last time he made this $250k reference? The only one I know of was when he was campaigning...
Old 06-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #69
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
i believe its 500 employees, another thing i cant agree with
500 employees is pretty vague measurement without knowing what the business does, but that is a lot of people. I guess there is no middle ground between small business and giant corporation.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #70
I joined the Band!

i would love to see a single one page pie chart on the whole pile of money the government spends each year
Old 06-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #71
Suck it up!

Quote:
i would love to see a single one page pie chart on the whole pile of money the government spends each year

Old 06-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I never heard "$250k" in this last conference. Millionaires, billionaires, and jet owners, yes, he did say that.

Anybody know when the last time he made this $250k reference? The only one I know of was when he was campaigning...
From last week:
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...ness-must-rise

(just watch the video, it is easier to follow than the article)

Last edited by JeremyH; 06-30-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #73
Suck it up!

Quote:
I read that yesterday.

Geithner is another Fed stoolie, its not a shock he says the things he does.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Vanilla? Is that some kind of lefty code for Whitey?

It's been fun, but I have to go. Millions on welfare and employed by the Federal Government depend on me.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I read that yesterday.

Geithner is another Fed stoolie, its not a shock he says the things he does.
Well, that is where Obama is getting his info from....those are the people that feed him his info.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #76
I joined the Band!

i just found it as you posted it, thanks..

see them 3 big piles at the bottom, i would say that may or may not be the bulk of the problem.

and then theres the bulk in the middle

Quote:

Old 06-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #77
Suck it up!

Quote:
Vanilla? Is that some kind of lefty code for Whitey?

It's been fun, but I have to go. Millions on welfare and employed by the Federal Government depend on me.
Nope, but if you want it plain, thats about as no frills as it gets.

I gotta go to. Duty calls, I'll be back in a few hours, don't you worry.

Quote:
Well, that is where Obama is getting his info from....those are the people that feed him his info.
Exactly.

Quote:
see them 3 big piles at the bottom, i would say that may or may not be the bulk of the problem.

and then theres the bulk in the middle
Agreed.

Here's another...note the $200b interest payment made to the Fed...also the itty bitty corporate income tax.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-30-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Here are the current Federal tax rates...

Quote:

I constantly hear him say he wants to suspend the Bush era tax cuts for top earners which according to the chart you provided starts at $379,150 which at the bottom is a long way from being able to afford a corporate jet.

I have never heard of him creating a new millionaire/billionaire tax bracket which is required for his speech to be realistic.

Thats my problem!

He is acting like ONLY those that can afford private planes will be affected by his plan...and thats far from reality.

If I got it wrong please show me.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 06-30-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #79
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
He is acting like ONLY those that can afford private planes will be affected by his plan...and thats far from reality.

If I got it wrong please show me.
They won't be the only ones affected, but they will be hit much harder than those at the bottom of that particular rung on the ladder.

In a previous post I showed where someone making $300k a year will, under this plan, pay out an additional $1500 in taxes, and if you are married filing jointly, its something like $300. Thats not a whole lot percentage wise, $1500 is less than a 1% increase over what they are paying now. The increase is only on what you make over $250k. At or below that, nothing will change. Even then, I don't think its going to cause anyone making millions of dollars a year to even flinch over the amount.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-30-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
They won't be the only ones affected, but they will be hit much harder than those at the bottom of that particular rung on the ladder.

In a previous post I showed where someone making $300k a year will, under this plan, pay out an additional $1500 in taxes. Thats not a whole lot percentage wise, less than a 1% increase over what they are paying now. The increase is only on what you make over $250k. At or below that, nothing will change. Even then, I don't think its going to cause anyone making millions of dollars a year to even flinch over the amount.

I understand what your saying, but thats not what he said. He referred the Fat Cat Millionaires and Billionaires with jets should be paying more....not ALL household making over $ 379,159 should be paying 1% more.

BIG difference in those 2 statements, so at best it seems speech was very misleading.