Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: WTF ....250K = Corporate Jet?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #81
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

I understand what your saying, but thats not what he said. He referred the Fat Cat Millionaires and Billionaires with jets should be paying more....not ALL household making over $ 379,159 should be paying 1% more.

BIG difference in those 2 statements, so at best it seems speech was very misleading.
A bit, yeah, but like I said its the fat cats who will be really dishing out the cash. It could be seen as misleading, it could also be seen as a point of reference. The ones hardest hit by the proposed increase would be "the ones with jets". In the past they have been taxed way heavier than this and they did just fine, more than fine actually.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #82
Suck it up!

Here is how money is distributed in the US...

The $330k crowd is lumped in with the billionaires (there were roughly 400 of them last year) as the top 1%'rs, so it is a bit misleading because the top 10% of that 1% occupy nearly that whole slice (which equals about 33% of all of the wealth in the US).

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-30-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Why not just slash federal tax credits to industries? There's plenty of money to be made doing that. Oh wait we can't all the politicians are stuck in the pockets of those industries (all of them not left/right).

10% wage cut to all elected federal officials (similar to many state and local government employee cuts). Oh wait they wouldn't vote for that. Who gets to vote for their raises/cuts? Fat Cats in government.

Remove their benefits at astronomical levels and place them at levels more on target with the nations average. Maybe then they'd work on a reform to the industry (not the universal health care ideas). Oh wait...health care industry is in their pockets...and them without the best benefits? Doubt they'd vote that in.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Duuuuuuuude, absolutely the best supported argument I have seen on this subject.

I am a Liberal Dem, but lean more towards the middle. The Tea Party and it's talking bandwagon jumpers like Ron Paul, Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann scare the hell out of me and push me more liberal every time one of them open their mouths. Anyone that honestly believe that the Republicans are the great saviors of the US really need to realize that they were in the White House for 20 of the 31 years. Obama din't put us here, he inherited it. I am not happy with what he has done to try to repair it, but a lot of that can be laid at the feet of Congress, especially over the last year. If the republicans take the White House (or even worse, the Tea Party), the Rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. And by poorer, I mean Upper Middle Class and down.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #85
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
If the republicans take the White House (or even worse, the Tea Party), the Rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. And by poorer, I mean Upper Middle Class and down.
You know what, it doesn't matter who takes the white house. Unless something terribly drastic and earth shattering happens, we'll keep doing what we're doing.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Here are the current Federal tax rates...

See maybe I am a cold hearted bastard or maybe I can just add.. But why the hell are the tax rates even different?? why do people making less not pull their weight?? There are more poor people maybe if they just paid tax's that would help. Or if people that work didnt have to pay poor people to be poor, then the poor people would work to actually make money... Income tax time all I hear is these fat nasty women with freaking a half dozen little bastard children talking about getting bigger refunds then the amount of money they earned in a year... and You want to tax rich people more?? WTH is wrong with you??
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Why not just slash federal tax credits to industries? There's plenty of money to be made doing that. Oh wait we can't all the politicians are stuck in the pockets of those industries (all of them not left/right).
Sure sounds great.. Why not just slash federal tax credits to poor people to?? I mean fair is fair and your are a center dweller you should be all about fair.. Of course the tax credits to industry actually help create jobs.. WTF do the tax credits for the poor people do again?? other then make people lazy and poor..

Why do you guys think the rich people have all the money?? couldnt be cause its hard to get and you have to work to get it.. I mean if all you had to do was sit at home smoke pot and blow out baby's to be rich I bet all the poor people would have all the money..

Last edited by sloppy; 06-30-2011 at 03:09 PM.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
Why do you guys think the rich people have all the money??
Powerball?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Powerball?
No its cause their daddy gave it to them
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No its cause their daddy gave it to them
Lazyass entitlement generation....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Obama din't put us here, he inherited it. I am not happy with what he has done to try to repair it.
Oh really? Time to drop the Kool Aid.

In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

At the end of fiscal year 1989, which ended eight months after President Reagan left office, the total federal debt held by the public was $2.1907 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

That means all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan had accumulated only that much publicly held debt on behalf of American taxpayers. That is $335.3 billion less than the $2.5260 trillion that was added to the federal debt held by the public just between Jan. 20, 2009, when President Obama was inaugurated, and Aug. 20, 2010, the 19-month anniversary of Obama's inauguration.

Yup, Barry has had nothing to do w/ our current situation, it's all W's fault.

Seeing this, it's the Tea Party that scares you?
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You know what, it doesn't matter who takes the white house. Unless something terribly drastic and earth shattering happens, we'll keep doing what we're doing.
Again we agree.

Somethings not right.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #92
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Again we agree.

Somethings not right.
X3
Arguing about tax increase is like complaining about the paint job on a sinking ship
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #93
Suck it up!

Quote:
See maybe I am a cold hearted bastard or maybe I can just add.. But why the hell are the tax rates even different?? why do people making less not pull their weight?? There are more poor people maybe if they just paid tax's that would help. Or if people that work didnt have to pay poor people to be poor, then the poor people would work to actually make money... Income tax time all I hear is these fat nasty women with freaking a half dozen little bastard children talking about getting bigger refunds then the amount of money they earned in a year... and You want to tax rich people more?? WTH is wrong with you??
Taxing the poor is pointless, there isn't enough money there to make a difference. It would cost more to pay someone to do the extra paperwork. $16k a year isn't shit, and the more that is brought home the better.

Yes there are way too many people that take advantage of the system, and that is unfair to the tax payers and it is unfair to those who do actually need and appreciate that assistance.

Getting a better job is the obvious solution, but not always an available one. The sad fact is that some people are just stuck where they are and have no other alternative other than to keep plugging along.

Quote:
Of course the tax credits to industry actually help create jobs.
Yes they do, but industry has to uphold their end of the bargain and actually create those jobs. Right now that ain't happening.

Quote:
Why do you guys think the rich people have all the money?? couldnt be cause its hard to get and you have to work to get it.. I mean if all you had to do was sit at home smoke pot and blow out baby's to be rich I bet all the poor people would have all the money..
That depends on the person. Some have gotten to where they are by working hard, being smart, and having a keen sense of timing. Then there are others who exploit the system, corrupt the system, and have a total lack of empathy and ethics. The trend lately has been to be one of the latter.

Quote:
Oh really? Time to drop the Kool Aid.

In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

At the end of fiscal year 1989, which ended eight months after President Reagan left office, the total federal debt held by the public was $2.1907 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

That means all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan had accumulated only that much publicly held debt on behalf of American taxpayers. That is $335.3 billion less than the $2.5260 trillion that was added to the federal debt held by the public just between Jan. 20, 2009, when President Obama was inaugurated, and Aug. 20, 2010, the 19-month anniversary of Obama's inauguration.

Yup, Barry has had nothing to do w/ our current situation, it's all W's fault.

Seeing this, it's the Tea Party that scares you?
Bush set up $700b to bail out the banks, some of which was spent after Barry took office. Here's the breakdown for 2009. There was an almost $100b increase in defense spending between '08 & '10.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...pie=#usgs30200

Are those figures adjusted for inflation? The dollar ain't quite what it used to be.

Let us not forget that Ronnie raised the debt ceiling 16 times during his presidency.

Something that needs to be recognized is the cost of war and our military presence around the globe. When Washington was president there wasn't a whole lot of spending to do on the military. You got a set of clothes, a gun, and a tent. If you were an officer you got a horse. They could fund the entire army with a few million dollars (the furthest back I could find was 1792, with a total of $1.2m spent on national defense). With the technology and the global reach we have today, not to mention the price tag of rebuilding some country that we just blasted the shit out of, the actual costs have become staggering. Spreading democracy ain't cheap.

Quote:
Again we agree.

Somethings not right.
I'm getting my head checked tomorrow, I suggest you do the same.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-30-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #94
Suck it up!

Just for giggles I did a little basic math to come up with what someone would pay under the proposed plan if they made $1m.

Current plan taxes paid: $350k

Proposed plan taxes paid: $380k

So a $30k more per year for $1,000,000 earned, or 3%.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

That just another $30,000.00 for some worthless guvment hack to blow! It's not like they are going to use any increase in taxes to reduce the deficit.

So why give them any more than they already get? Again they can't raise taxes high enough to cover their spending.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #96
RCC Addict

30k per year is another employee that could have a job. You don't seem to get how this will affect small businesses at all. May not be bad if you are a one man show but when you are taxed based on your corporation it will kick the crap out of you.

You also seem stuck on the whole Fed scenario which is not necessary. It is not needed and should be abolished.

Oh, and to the guy who thinks Ron Paul is a Tea Party guy........

The whole biased thing cracks me up, it's okay when it's biased one way but not the other. It's all biased, end of story. Everyone in the world is biased, no way around it. Some of you act like Fox News is only two people. Do you even pay attention to the whole roster and how many self confirmed liberals are there as well? What really cracks me up is how people label O'Reilly as right when he is obviously a moderate if there ever was one. Again, one is wise to use many sources.

Then we get back to the real deal, the whole class warfare and how the poor get poorer and the rich get richer. Stupidest comment ever, seriously. If that's all you have then go bury your head in a hole. This nation has a higher wealth rate per capita than any other nation in the world. Even our poor are wealthier than over 90% of the rest of the world. Some of you seriously need to get off your asses and go see how the rest of the world lives. We have "poor" people with big screen TV's, the latest clothes, and iphones and you really think things are that bad off?

We are one of the only countries in the world where our "poor" have an obesity problem. Where our "poor" own their own cars, usually more than one, have plenty of food, and have a life expectancy over twice most third world countries.

Binary, sorry, but you have failed to convince me. When you attack both with equal vigor and quote sources other than extreme left leaning sites I might take you seriously. To try and say you attack the right because no one else does on here is weak attempt to try and brace your argument. If you truly did believe that then you would attack the folly from all sides, yet here we are.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Taxing the poor is pointless, there isn't enough money there to make a difference. It would cost more to pay someone to do the extra paperwork. $16k a year isn't shit, and the more that is brought home the better.

I dont buy it... why dont you show me some pie charts or actual proof that all these so called poor people dont matter... You know the people that not only pay no tax at all, but also get huge tax credits(more then they even make sometimes) so WE pay them to stay in a shitty job.. Not only do we give the tax breaks we subsidize them with other government handouts..

this is all Bad when you do either of these things for a corporation or so called rich person.. but its good and helps the country when its a poor person??? Other then creating a dependent person please explain how not contributing to the society you live in is a good thing??? No matter how you spin it a person making a million a year even if they pay no tax at all contributes more to society then a 100 people making 16K.. A million a year you buy things big freaking expensive things which employee's people that make and sell that shit.. and odds are you also employee several people..

Everyone should pay to support the country that would be a fair system.. No one should get more money back then they paid into the tax system that is wrong rich or poor..

and if 16K is not shit. and 10% of that is 1600 it takes less then 20 people to pay for the increase that you seem more then happy to throw at the so called rich.. I am gonna guess there is more then 20 people making 16K for every 1 person making a million a year..

Last edited by sloppy; 06-30-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #98
I joined the Band!

Quote:
they can't raise taxes high enough to cover their spending.

they should tax imports from countries that manipulate their currency to fund a global manufacturing war, who also happen to tax imports from the USA 30 percent.. shrug would bring jobs back by the hundreds of thousands.

and since we see the military is a tremendous chunk of our deficit, stop protecting other countries that give nothing in return...

and drill for our own oil this would produce tens of thousands of jobs and keep the bazillions of that spent here instead of going to people that hate us..

every 10,000 jobs paying even 40,000 per year brought back here is 400,000,000 in taxable revenue, that gets spent here, thats stimulation. how many millions of jobs have we lost ?

Last edited by tom@vp; 06-30-2011 at 09:57 PM.
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #99
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
30k per year is another employee that could have a job. You don't seem to get how this will affect small businesses at all. May not be bad if you are a one man show but when you are taxed based on your corporation it will kick the crap out of you.
Yup, thats another job. If it were that important to him, that $1m guy could just as easily be taking home $970,000 instead.

Quote:
You also seem stuck on the whole Fed scenario which is not necessary. It is not needed and should be abolished.
100% agree that it is not needed. We did more than fine without them. There is a really good doc about that somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Quote:
Then we get back to the real deal, the whole class warfare and how the poor get poorer and the rich get richer. Stupidest comment ever, seriously. If that's all you have then go bury your head in a hole.
Keeping the scope on this country, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, its a proven trend.

Quote:
This nation has a higher wealth rate per capita than any other nation in the world.
Not true. We're actually #6, behind Iceland, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, and Luxembourg.

We also have the highest number of resident billionaires, three times as much as #2 on the list.

Quote:
Even our poor are wealthier than over 90% of the rest of the world. Some of you seriously need to get off your asses and go see how the rest of the world lives. We have "poor" people with big screen TV's, the latest clothes, and iphones and you really think things are that bad off? We are one of the only countries in the world where our "poor" have an obesity problem. Where our "poor" own their own cars, usually more than one, have plenty of food, and have a life expectancy over twice most third world countries.
Worldwide, yes, even some of the worst of us are doing ok. And it is laziness. Most of them have no clue what its like to work for a living.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

After all the pie charts, all the graphs, after all the "both sides are corrupt" chanting, there is still "right & left" arguing.

Why?
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote