Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gun and knife picture thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #1561
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gun and knife picture thread!

It was one of these, that started my knife "collection"..

My late grandfather gave it (not this exact one, but same model) to me for my 8th b-day.
I lost the OG one at a drive in movie, with my mom and sister. Went back the next day to look for it, never to be found.
It's a Radio Shack electrician model. Made for Radio Shack, almost 30yrs ago..

Since then.. well.. lots of knives, later..

Main go to, years back, were CRKT's.. Still have a boot box, with them loaded in..

Now, I have a "collection" of Spyderco's. Many are sprint runs(limited to 1,200), factory exclusives(first run is 1,200. Exclusives can be reproduced at any time), or discontinued. A handful or so, with custom scales, clips, regrinds, scale swaps, etc, etc, etc.. (pics posted, through out this thread)

I have some new ones though. I'll get pics.

It's Great to see all the knife's!

The reason I keep saying "collection".. is because I feel a lot of ppl see, collection, and think they don't get used.

I just have a lot of knife's and they all get carried. So.. "collection".. lol
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #1562

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Jato, beautiful SOG man! I have a few SOGs and they’re a great bang for the buck knife. LOVE Spydercos too. My favorite “pocket knife” is my Spyderco that I bought when I was 19 (28 years ago). Dropped it on the concrete once and took a little chip out of the tip. Reground and resharpened it and it’s as sharp as when it was new. I love handguns but knives have a special place with me. Used to teach martial arts/knife fighting and defense and a good knife along with knife skills are highly underrated.
Thank you!

Benchmade and Spyderco are my favorites right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Spyderco does what they call "Sprint Runs" of particular combinations of steels/handle materials/handle colors that will only be made in a limited run, never to be repeated in that exact same configuration. BTW - the Manly is pictured right below the Honey Badge...

I've got some rare Spydies but they aren't sprint runs, just old discontinued models - they can and will climb in value over the years.

One is the very first collaboration they ever did with a custom knifemaker - Bob Terzuola, and it was made in Golden Colorado. Bought it new in 1993!

The other is a Renegade, which is just about one of the scariest-looking models they ever released, wicked upsweep on the clip point, partially serrated - and BIG.

Probably my most valuable knife is the Camillus Darryl Ralph CUDA Dominator Tanto, S30V blade, titanium handle, frame lock, assisted opening, made in the USA right before Camillus went out of business.

They were later bought out and resurrected, but I don't think they make anything in the US anymore.
As a new "knife guy" it drives me nuts that all of the cool stuff is exclusive or sprint runs. Would it be too much to ask to have nice orange or red handled Spyderco knives?

Sorry, I saw the Manly. I'm not sure why I didn't notice that before.

I ended up ordering another Honey Badger and more scales. I want to play around dying more of them. They had a 20% off sale over the weekend.

It's funny you mention Camilla. See my response to winnerone23 below in regards to that company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
It was one of these, that started my knife "collection"..

My late grandfather gave it (not this exact one, but same model) to me for my 8th b-day.
I lost the OG one at a drive in movie, with my mom and sister. Went back the next day to look for it, never to be found.
It's a Radio Shack electrician model. Made for Radio Shack, almost 30yrs ago..

The reason I keep saying "collection".. is because I feel a lot of ppl see, collection, and think they don't get used.

I just have a lot of knife's and they all get carried. So.. "collection".. lol
Bummer. I wish I had my childhood knife that was passed down to me!

I know it's not Radio Shack, but I recently found some NOS Camillus electrician's knives that were made in the USA. I got one for my dad because that is all that he has carried for as long as I can remember. I think this habit started in the Army when he was issued one. Every time we go to a gun show he looks for these knives. He was blown away I found new, made in America versions of this knife. It made me feel good to excite him.

I'm not saying you are like this because I don't know, but it's weird that the knife "community" looks down on people that collect knives that don't get used. Do stamp collectors lick their prized possessions? Do car collectors drive their awesome and rare Ferraris? It's just such an odd thing to hold against other knife guys.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:55 AM   #1563
Rock Crawler

I wish some of the knifes i made and sold to family members found their way back to me when they died, but thats not the case so i can only assume they was passed down to their own kids.

It could be nice to make knifes again, but since my apprenticeship in the mid 80ties i have not had access to a forge,,,,,, and some of the other stuff needed.

There is something about bashing on red hot steel.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:52 AM   #1564
Pebble Pounder

Came as a block of wood for a grip. Worked on it for months. Russian 50 meter pistol.
Attached Images

Jeff6x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:04 AM   #1565
I wanna be Dave

@Jato..
As a new "knife guy" it drives me nuts that all of the cool stuff is exclusive or sprint runs. Would it be too much to ask to have nice orange or red handled Spyderco knives?

DLT has some red G-10(delica with a dlc hap40 blade or manix with a m390 blade, just to name a couple) and cutlery shop, has orange. Some others as well..

Everything seems to be a sprint or exclusive.. Real cheap, when bought new.. Price goes up rapidly, once sold out..

If you have a Para 3, I have a set of the cutlery shop, orange G-10 scales. Might still have my orange set, from my Para 2..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #1566
I wanna be Dave

I like foliage green

Manix m390

Lil native, sprint

DLT Delica, I did a satin hap40 blade swap, on(just sold to a co-worker.
And a hap40 caly, sprint

Sage 5, I did a regrind on the back of the leaf shaped blade..

CTS-XHP Mule. Did a regrind and a finger choil. I made scales for it then. (Check out them RC screws!)

Native 5 exclusive, in s110v, with custom scales and wire clip mod

Hinderer FXM

Auto's.. minus the kestral..

Keychains I tie, when bored

Old 07-07-2020, 12:31 PM   #1567

Quote:
@Jato..

DLT has some red G-10(delica with a dlc hap40 blade or manix with a m390 blade, just to name a couple) and cutlery shop, has orange. Some others as well..

Everything seems to be a sprint or exclusive.. Real cheap, when bought new.. Price goes up rapidly, once sold out..

If you have a Para 3, I have a set of the cutlery shop, orange G-10 scales. Might still have my orange set, from my Para 2..

Thank you. Maybe I just have to watch Cutlery Shoppe and DLT like a hawk for those exclusives to come back in stock - if they ever plan on restocking those. Nothing I want is in stock now.

You have a ton of Spyderco knives! Some appear to be duplicates. Is that so or are they just very similar? Man I hope my knife addiction never gets that bad!

I love that red and black Lil' Native. That model is one of the Spyderco's that I want to try.

Automatic knives are stupidly banned in PA. It makes no sense.

Nice work with the paracord. I've always wanted to try something with that, but then something else gets my attention.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #1568
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Thank you. Maybe I just have to watch Cutlery Shoppe and DLT like a hawk for those exclusives to come back in stock - if they ever plan on restocking those. Nothing I want is in stock now.

You have a ton of Spyderco knives! Some appear to be duplicates. Is that so or are they just very similar? Man I hope my knife addiction never gets that bad!

I love that red and black Lil' Native. That model is one of the Spyderco's that I want to try.

Automatic knives are stupidly banned in PA. It makes no sense.

Nice work with the paracord. I've always wanted to try something with that, but then something else gets my attention.
Secondary market, might be your best choice or just hunting the scales, for a swap..

What is it, that you want?

I have a few Spyderco's.. I have a couple, not pictured.. and a few that came and went.. lol..
I have a couple duplicates, but none have the same blade steel..

Never gets this bad? This is nothing! Baahahaha... This is mainly just what's left. Lots got Bought, tried, didn't get carried, got sold...

A lot of the foliage green ones on the right, are blade swaps.. like the FG: G-10 delica, endura, dragonfly, and others, are hap40 blade swapped..
The matching Boomer52 endura(v-toku 2) and delica(dlc hap40) are blade swaps. The black dlc hap40 blade originally came from a St. Nick's red G-10 exclusive (I have another, NIB)

The list goes on and on..

Ran out of RC's I wanted to build.. "Built" knife's, and now I build turbo Subaru's.. (as hobbies)
So I built a Tamiya TB-01 turbo Forester and a Tamiya TT-02 WRC RS, to match my really car's..

I'd sell the lil native, sprint.. I thought I would replace my Spyderco Chaparral, with it.. but then I would have to buy a black handled lil native, to swap scales, so the red wasn't sticking out of the pocket of my dress pants.. But still keep the 4V blade steel.. lol..

I buy didn't sprints, in different models, to test the blade steels..

Love Hap40 and CTS-XHP.. I have been Really pleased with the m390 and plan on getting another model in that blade steel.

Auto's aren't banned in PA!(unless that has changed recently???)
Auto's are legal to own, buy, and sell.. The secret to carrying is a CC permit. No one comes out and says it but they are covered under a CC permit.

Most cop's, trooper's, etc, will even tell you. They don't care if you carry one. Unless you brandish it as a weapon.

Thank you sir! I enjoy it, for sitting in the couch and doing something during commercials (if and when I sit down and watch TV)

Old 07-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #1569

Default Gun and knife picture thread!

Quote:
Secondary market, might be your best choice or just hunting the scales, for a swap..

What is it, that you want?

I have a few Spyderco's.. I have a couple, not pictured.. and a few that came and went.. lol..
I have a couple duplicates, but none have the same blade steel..

Never gets this bad? This is nothing! Baahahaha... This is mainly just what's left. Lots got Bought, tried, didn't get carried, got sold...

A lot of the foliage green ones on the right, are blade swaps.. like the FG: G-10 delica, endura, dragonfly, and others, are hap40 blade swapped..
The matching Boomer52 endura(v-toku 2) and delica(dlc hap40) are blade swaps. The black dlc hap40 blade originally came from a St. Nick's red G-10 exclusive (I have another, NIB)

The list goes on and on..

Ran out of RC's I wanted to build.. "Built" knife's, and now I build turbo Subaru's.. (as hobbies)
So I built a Tamiya TB-01 turbo Forester and a Tamiya TT-02 WRC RS, to match my really car's..

I'd sell the lil native, sprint.. I thought I would replace my Spyderco Chaparral, with it.. but then I would have to buy a black handled lil native, to swap scales, so the red wasn't sticking out of the pocket of my dress pants.. But still keep the 4V blade steel.. lol..

I buy didn't sprints, in different models, to test the blade steels..

Love Hap40 and CTS-XHP.. I have been Really pleased with the m390 and plan on getting another model in that blade steel.

Auto's aren't banned in PA!(unless that has changed recently???)
Auto's are legal to own, buy, and sell.. The secret to carrying is a CC permit. No one comes out and says it but they are covered under a CC permit.

Most cop's, trooper's, etc, will even tell you. They don't care if you carry one. Unless you brandish it as a weapon.

Thank you sir! I enjoy it, for sitting in the couch and doing something during commercials (if and when I sit down and watch TV)

I sent you two PM’s.

I have a CC permit. The online laws say autos are illegal and they always hide them at gun shows as far as I know so I just assumed. I’ll have to look into getting them with my CCW!

You’re welcome. I’m the same way. I need to constantly be doing some hobby.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:12 AM   #1570
Quarry Creeper

Just bear in mind each state is different as to the laws. In NC, I can own all the automatic knives I want, but I cannot carry one, even with a CHP (concealed handgun permit). Dumb, but it is what it is.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #1571
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Just bear in mind each state is different as to the laws. In NC, I can own all the automatic knives I want, but I cannot carry one, even with a CHP (concealed handgun permit). Dumb, but it is what it is.
Not just state laws... Jato and I are both in PA..

But.......

Philadelphia, PA , is a zero knife, city.. ok, maybe under 2" or something like that.. so a Spyderco Ladybug, might be ok.. (Which I never leave home without one of those, in my left front pocket.)

Which is another reason, I tie 5/8" steel ball bearings, in my monkey fist keychain's..

Old 07-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #1572
Quarry Creeper

Yep, great point Troy. I always forget there are areas within states that will restrict things even further.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:20 PM   #1573
I wanna be Dave

Has anyone seen the coin purse flap jack on the Facebook ads? I’ll take screenshot next time. Looks pretty handy.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #1574
Quarry Creeper

I've wanted this one for a while now. I went back and forth between the G20 and the G29 on this one. But, at the end of the day, I can always make the 29 grip larger, but you can't make the 20 any smaller so the G29 won out for that reason alone. With the flush mag inserted, it's literally the same grip length as my G43 with the TTI +1 base plate. I've already added the mag base plates to give a full three finger grip on two of the mags, kept one flush fit just in case. I've shot my shooting buddie's G20, so I'm anxious to compare them this weekend. I also have pretty much everything I need to reload 10mm in my basement just waiting to be setup. Just needed the gun to shoot it out of.

Gen 4 Glock G29 in best mm

I also picked up some more Meprolight sights in the orange rear green front combo that I run on my P26, and 120rds of Underwood ammo 180gr Speer Gold Dots trucking along at a very warm 1300fps. Underwood is one of only two or three companies that will load full house 10mm.

Last edited by hpiguy; 07-08-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:06 PM   #1575

Quote:
Not just state laws... Jato and I are both in PA..

But.......

Philadelphia, PA , is a zero knife, city.. ok, maybe under 2" or something like that.. so a Spyderco Ladybug, might be ok.. (Which I never leave home without one of those, in my left front pocket.)

Which is another reason, I tie 5/8" steel ball bearings, in my monkey fist keychain's..

Yeah Philly has more asinine laws that even what dictator Wolf enacts. I typically am forced to go to Philly a couple of times a year and I do usually carry a pocket knife so I should look into their knife laws now that you say it.

So that's why your key chain ends are so perfectly round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Has anyone seen the coin purse flap jack on the Facebook ads? I’ll take screenshot next time. Looks pretty handy.
No! Please do.

Quote:
I've wanted this one for a while now. I went back and forth between the G20 and the G29 on this one. But, at the end of the day, I can always make the 29 grip larger, but you can't make the 20 any smaller so the G29 won out for that reason alone. With the flush mag inserted, it's literally the same grip length as my G43 with the TTI +1 base plate. I've already added the mag base plates to give a full three finger grip on two of the mags, kept one flush fit just in case. I've shot my shooting buddie's G20, so I'm anxious to compare them this weekend. I also have pretty much everything I need to reload 10mm in my basement just waiting to be setup. Just needed the gun to shoot it out of.

Gen 4 Glock G29 in best mm

I also picked up some more Meprolight sights in the orange rear green front combo that I run on my P26, and 120rds of Underwood ammo 180gr Speer Gold Dots trucking along at a very warm 1300fps. Underwood is one of only two or three companies that will load full house 10mm.
Congrats! Sweet Glock. I can't believe you have to shoot 10mm with the same size grip as a G43. That thing squirms all over the place for me when my hands are sweaty.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #1576
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
So that's why your key chain ends are so perfectly round!

Yes sir!!!

Congrats! Sweet Glock. I can't believe you have to shoot 10mm with the same size grip as a G43. That thing squirms all over the place for me when my hands are sweaty.
Is the G29, not a double stack, like a G26?
With that wider grip and finger groves..

Unlike the G43.. And since it's a Gun and knife thread..
My in house, G43..

With the slide, off my other G43 and a Hyve +1.. Here you can see the Green laser..

And my G26 replacement.. (which I still have my G26 in OD green, I keep it in the garage)

My thumb is hiding the threaded barrel and mini comp.. (I took it out and back to stock barrel. Just for testing the different feel, after a few hundred rounds)

And since I have a Apex flat face trigger (in my G43 and G26), threaded barrel, and CNC'd slide... As with RC, Spyderco's, and Subaru's.. I like building stuff!

The next logically thing..

The shape feels good in hand.. Still might have to Dremel a touch, for my middle finger knuckle. Like I had to do to my G26 and G43..

Stippling feels really good!

I'll keep the thread updated, once I get time to build.

You can see the Hyve +2, on my OD green G43.. (I have them for my G26, as well)
I Love these mag extension! More so for the extra meat, in the palm of my hand, than anything else.
As you squeeze the grip to shoot, it just stays planted! More like shooting a G19 sized Glock.
(Ummm.. Tim, you didn't get one yet!? I swear we talked about them long ago). Lol..

And a little knife action.. Noticed how small the Manix 2, looks?

Yeah, a perfect choice for a Caveman cut, prime rib! 32oz of Delicious-nessssss!!!
It's Thick!

Old 07-09-2020, 07:08 AM   #1577

Quote:
Is the G29, not a double stack, like a G26?
With that wider grip and finger groves..

Unlike the G43.. And since it's a Gun and knife thread..
My in house, G43..

With the slide, off my other G43 and a Hyve +1.. Here you can see the Green laser..

And my G26 replacement.. (which I still have my G26 in OD green, I keep it in the garage)

My thumb is hiding the threaded barrel and mini comp.. (I took it out and back to stock barrel. Just for testing the different feel, after a few hundred rounds)

And since I have a Apex flat face trigger (in my G43 and G26), threaded barrel, and CNC'd slide... As with RC, Spyderco's, and Subaru's.. I like building stuff!

The next logically thing..

The shape feels good in hand.. Still might have to Dremel a touch, for my middle finger knuckle. Like I had to do to my G26 and G43..

Stippling feels really good!

I'll keep the thread updated, once I get time to build.

You can see the Hyve +2, on my OD green G43.. (I have them for my G26, as well)
I Love these mag extension! More so for the extra meat, in the palm of my hand, than anything else.
As you squeeze the grip to shoot, it just stays planted! More like shooting a G19 sized Glock.
(Ummm.. Tim, you didn't get one yet!? I swear we talked about them long ago). Lol..

And a little knife action.. Noticed how small the Manix 2, looks?

Yeah, a perfect choice for a Caveman cut, prime rib! 32oz of Delicious-nessssss!!!
It's Thick!

I don't know if the G29 is double stack? I'm not a Glock aficionado. I prefer the shape of the S&W M&P grips for my hands. The think I like least about Glocks bumps isn't enough stippling for me and my sweaty hands.

I looked and I do have Talon grip tape on my G43, but it's the milder stuff as seen below. Maybe I should have aggressive on this little gun, but that stuff is like sandpaper and I have soft pencil pusher hands not callused working hands.

The Hyves are cool and look great so maybe I should get one of those too. Still doesn't help with the grippiness of the grip, but at least it's more to hold onto.

I'd love to build one of those 80% pistols some day. Is that SS90 made by Polymer 80 or a different company?

Holy crap that's not a steak...that's an entire cow on your plate! That mac and cheese looks amazing!
Old 07-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #1578
Rock Crawler

That meat,,,,,, remind me of my visit to Buenos Aires in 1990
They got good meat down there too, and where i was served in MAN size too, even if i did not get the largest order, CUZ while i am a meat lover i am sure i can not eat as much as the large order was.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #1579
Quarry Creeper

Tim, the G43 was hard to hang on to for me also. I fixed it by undercutting the trigger guard, adding the TTI +1 mag base pad, and using the Talon grips rubber grip tape. I hate the skate tape stuff. The G29 is only the same length as the 43, but much, MUCH fatter and fills the hand nicely. With the pinky extension mag plates, I'm sure it will be just fine. The issue with the 43 is how slim it is, which is the same thing that makes it great for all day carry.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #1580

Quote:
Tim, the G43 was hard to hang on to for me also. I fixed it by undercutting the trigger guard, adding the TTI +1 mag base pad, and using the Talon grips rubber grip tape. I hate the skate tape stuff. The G29 is only the same length as the 43, but much, MUCH fatter and fills the hand nicely. With the pinky extension mag plates, I'm sure it will be just fine. The issue with the 43 is how slim it is, which is the same thing that makes it great for all day carry.
Yep I'm using the rubbery stuff. It is very thin. I have small hands so I thought that would be better. The fatter grips are sometimes too big, but they definitely are easier to hold onto.

I got another Honey Badger knife so I can switch out the orange scales I dyed. I also got more scales to play around with. Does anybody know how I could sort of "wash" these handles with some dark blue or black to highlight the molded details like the honey comb texture and Honey Badger logo?

Tags
fire power!, second amendment