Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Who Here Doesnt Have A Facebook Page?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Who Here Doesnt Have A Facebook Page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Here's the issue- even if you de-activate it, all of your information is still there, you CAN'T delete it. I've tried without any luck. I've had freinds try to delete their information before closing down their acc'ts and you can't do it. FB has the mentality that all of that information you provide becomes THEIR property.

THAT is scary if true.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

nope, dont have one, never will, or any of the others....

and sick of seeing a link to FB every where i go........

Screw FB and the others....
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
I disagree. Citizens personal lives are already over-invaded and this is just one more straw.

I was talking to someone yesterday about this and my take was that it would be like 40+yrs ago telling a potential employee to go round up everyone he knows and bring them into the office for the interview. How stupid does that sound. Just because technology has made it easier for an employer to actually go about doing the aforementioned doesnt mean it should be done.

So KBrog, given your stance what would you say about an potential cadet not having a FB page??? Would/should they be forced to open one??
I understand what you are saying. I just dont think information that someone puts on FB or anywhere online is personal. Putting it on FB is the same as walking out in your front yard and declaring it to your neighbors or anyone that walks by to see. Its not an invation of privacy if the person puts it out there. And your yesteryear scenario has, and still is a common practice. Its called references. FB in a way, is a persons own referance of himself or herself.

If a person does not have a FB account then its no harm, no foul. Should not be made to open an account if you dont want one.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
I understand what you are saying. I just dont think information that someone puts on FB or anywhere online is personal. Putting it on FB is the same as walking out in your front yard and declaring it to your neighbors or anyone that walks by to see. Its not an invation of privacy if the person puts it out there. And your yesteryear scenario has, and still is a common practice. Its called references. FB in a way, is a persons own referance of himself or herself.

If a person does not have a FB account then its no harm, no foul. Should not be made to open an account if you dont want one.

I get what you are saying. What do you think about being able to delete your FB acount? Im pretty sure Id like to get rid of mine but what if I cant?

Its like being unable to undo walking out to get the paper....

Wait, I think that proves youre point. I mean, its like at what point do stop stereotyping. If I hang a flag from my house does that publicly proclaim somthing that I could be held publicly responsible for?
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
I get what you are saying. What do you think about being able to delete your FB acount? Im pretty sure Id like to get rid of mine but what if I cant?

Its like being unable to undo walking out to get the paper....

Wait, I think that proves youre point. I mean, its like at what point do stop stereotyping. If I hang a flag from my house does that publicly proclaim somthing that I could be held publicly responsible for?
I think 100% that anyone should be able to 100% completely delete there account if they no longer want it. A quick google search came up with this How do I permanently delete my account? - Facebook Help Center | Facebook.

And yes. If you hang a flag from your house you are showing your favor for whatever that flag is representing. We are also taught from birth to stereotype. Example: A pirate weres a eye patch, a con weres a orange or black and white stripe jump suite, a robber weres all black, a theif weres a suite and tie, a tramp weres nothing and so on and so forth. But I like to call it associatons and not stereotypes.

The last part is a joke, I just dont know how tp type a smile

Last edited by KBrog; 03-29-2012 at 09:05 PM.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #46
Rock Stacker

No facebook for me. Didn't do myspace either. I can't stand it. My parents have it. My mom is always checking that shit. people post the stupidest shit on there. So like, I had bacon today for breakfast. It was slightly overcooked and a little black for my liking. Then I went outside and got the newspaper. Who gives a funk! I swear, it's some kind of cyber cult. I hate seeing every damn commercial having a facebook page prompt pop up at the bottom of the screen.

Take that facebook!
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

But I had a smoothie for breakfast NoobCrawler. Oh, and like this post for a TBH. <3<3<3
Mides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Twitter is just as bad . So like I went to the mall , like look at some shoes , like went to dinner , update check in at outback , like ate to much , wait update purged in the bathroom , like not feeling good , check in at my house . If I cared about when you took a $hit I'd be your toilet . Everyone wants to be a star and let everyone know where they are and what there doing . I hate to see how bad it going to be when my two kids grow up . I mean kids have cell phones in first grade . My daughter wants one now because susie show off has one I told her good luck not happening ...
josborne024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Sorry I'm updating my twat-er !!!
josborne024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Who Here Doesnt Have A Facebook Page? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Kit Build - Page by Page Video Series. FastEddy Axial Wraith 60 06-09-2015 10:11 AM
EXO Video Series: Build the EXO Page by page FastEddy Non Crawler RC's 14 05-08-2012 09:45 AM
It just doesnt get any better... JeremyH Chit Chat 15 10-21-2011 11:28 AM
SCX10 Honcho Video Build. Page By Page (Great For the New People) FastEddy Axial SCX-10 33 04-22-2011 06:47 PM