Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Facepalm facebook fail finds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #1801
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Facepalm facebook fail finds

I made it 15 minutes. I get it, if you're going to be scale then be scale to something that exists. I call people scale nerds not necessarily as a derogatory term but because many nerd the fawk out over crazy details like hardcore models that are driveable.

My last wheeler was a long and low first gen yota on full width 1 tons and 44's. What is scale to me is not scale to the next guy at all times for sure. I drive my rc's in the same scale manner as my 1:1 which doesn't fit the scale mould at all.

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 10-28-2016 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Speeling iz haard.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #1802
Quarry Creeper

^^I'll add to the above

I really like seeing what some of the guys that have crazy fab skills and attention to detail come up with. But I just don't have the patience for it. I just want it together, so I can go beat it like it owes me money.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #1803
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
The last video was on point. I have no doubt the next one will be as well.
I'll do my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I made it 15 minutes. I get it, if you're going to be scale then be scale to something that exists. I calm people scale nerds not necessarily as a derogatory term but because many nerd the fawk out over crazy details like hardcore models that are driveable.

My last wheeler was a long and low first gen yota on full width 1 tons and 44's. What is scale to me is not scale to the next guy at all times for sure. I drive my rc's in the same scale manner as my 1:1 which doesn't fit the scale mould at all.
That's to bad you only made it 15 minutes, wish you have viewed entirely but it is what it is
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #1804
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I'll do my best

That's to bad you only made it 15 minutes, wish you have viewed entirely but it is what it is
I was on the throne and all that was left was the paperwork. I'll watch the rest this evening.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:37 PM   #1805

to clarify i didnt watch it intensely 2 times... i had it on while i was playing witcher3. ;)

i wish people didnt take things so personal, say shit like "rtfr" or "that isnt scale and here is why" and it's YOU being the big bad meanie who is ruining scale. pshaw...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #1806
I wanna be Dave

I just wish people would stop worrying about what everyone else is building and focus on their own rigs. If someone beats you with something you don't like work harder and kick their ass next time.

I caught more shit for my hard bodied C1 bug than I ever expected. Everything from the "cheater truck" comments to people just being dicks out of the blue (usually to prove points). I get it, sometimes you don't like what other people build but that's not a reason to be an asshole to someone who is enjoying the same hobby you are. It was just annoying to me, but to someone new that could be a major buzzkill.

Anyway, build what you want, **** the haters.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #1807
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I'll do my best

Finished it.

You care more about looks than even slightly extraordinary performance. (Your toyota on 35's can in fact do back door, just sayin') Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with wanting scale appearance but it should never be at the expense of performance.

I don't agree that there is anything remotely scale about the rig with clear wheels either. He found the drill press rim thread, congrats to him for finding a stickied thread. That rig is closer to a sportsman than any class of scale so I understand the frustration you have. The people defending the rig are likely younger kids trying to gain acceptance or just plain ol morons.

One thing you need to be aware of is that there are in fact 1:1 full bodied trucks with door bars on the exo covering the stock doors that still open and shut. High dollar axle shafts machined for 50* steering (dlux is an innovator in the rc world but he started wheeling 1:1 decades ago where that practice came from) I've even seen tractor axles under rigs with 70* turning too. So people pushing the boundaries of the rules without actually breaking the rules aren't doing anything wrong in the spirit of the class or otherwise.

You don't have to like it but you can cherish your class win ribbon you got by having a great scale representation while they enjoy actually completing the obstacles. Unless I broke an axle I never pulled cable or backed down from an obstacle that I tried in my 1:1. Some people rc that way, some people are happy to not make it but look good doing it.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #1808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
I caught more shit for my hard bodied C1 bug than I ever expected. Everything from the "cheater truck" comments to people just being dicks out of the blue (usually to prove points). I get it, sometimes you don't like what other people build but that's not a reason to be an asshole to someone who is enjoying the same hobby you are. It was just annoying to me, but to someone new that could be a major buzzkill.

you talking about your happy bug?

killer rig dude.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #1809
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
you talking about your happy bug?

killer rig dude.
Yup and thanks
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #1810
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Finished it.

You care more about looks than even slightly extraordinary performance. (Your toyota on 35's can in fact do back door, just sayin') Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with wanting scale appearance but it should never be at the expense of performance.

I don't agree that there is anything remotely scale about the rig with clear wheels either. He found the drill press rim thread, congrats to him for finding a stickied thread. That rig is closer to a sportsman than any class of scale so I understand the frustration you have. The people defending the rig are likely younger kids trying to gain acceptance or just plain ol morons.

One thing you need to be aware of is that there are in fact 1:1 full bodied trucks with door bars on the exo covering the stock doors that still open and shut. High dollar axle shafts machined for 50* steering (dlux is an innovator in the rc world but he started wheeling 1:1 decades ago where that practice came from) I've even seen tractor axles under rigs with 70* turning too. So people pushing the boundaries of the rules without actually breaking the rules aren't doing anything wrong in the spirit of the class or otherwise.

You don't have to like it but you can cherish your class win ribbon you got by having a great scale representation while they enjoy actually completing the obstacles. Unless I broke an axle I never pulled cable or backed down from an obstacle that I tried in my 1:1. Some people rc that way, some people are happy to not make it but look good doing it.
Appreciate the reply and that you took the time to watch it in full

Btw the way, did you mean to that you "do" agree rather then don't agree about the clear wheel truck ?

Follow up to those who care
https://www.facebook.com/MikesRCWorl...1514155200040/

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 10-28-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:49 PM   #1811
I wanna be Dave

That did come out confusing didn't it. I don't see how that rig with clear wheels can be considered scale at all.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #1812
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
That did come out confusing didn't it. I don't see how that rig with clear wheels can be considered scale at all.
All good
Old 10-29-2016, 12:59 AM   #1813
Oppan Gangnam Style

Off topic but...

White trash is correct. The 'yota will indeed make it up back door. I made it most of the way up jackhammer till I pretzled the driveshaft. And its been many stupid places it should never have been. Keep pushing it, it will surprise you.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #1814
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Off topic but...

White trash is correct. The 'yota will indeed make it up back door. I made it most of the way up jackhammer till I pretzled the driveshaft. And its been many stupid places it should never have been. Keep pushing it, it will surprise you.
The truck surprises me a lot actually, I don't to push it as hard as the 4runner for safety reasons (no cage). I guess that was a bad example to use then, from what I have seen in videos trucks built up much more struggle with that spot so I assumed it would too... I really just trying to compare a daily driver and a buggy saying that the buggy will tend to be more capable
Old 10-29-2016, 08:20 AM   #1815
I wanna be Dave

I got away with using this as my daily driver for years and it kept up with most of the buggies at the time. My handicap was the 126" wheelbase and no front dig. The dig issue was fixed later but by then it was no longer a street rig.

As I've said before, what is a reality to you may not be a reality to others.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:47 AM   #1816
No idea what I'm doing

First off Mike, I've always respected and admired your passion for scale. Your builds have always been great and very inspirational. My hat's off to you.

I agree with you, but also realize that keeping people interested in this hobby is also important. I wish more people had the scale passion that you do, but if "cheater trucks" keep people coming out to events, than I'm all for it.

I know there are people who pick the rules apart line by line looking for loopholes they can exploit. I don't get it, but if that's their thing and they enjoy it, good for them.

I stepped away from this hobby for awhile because of personal life events, but I'm in a position now where I can start enjoying it again. I'll build the trucks that make me happy. They'll be as scale as I can make them in performance, and hopefully closer to your abilities in looks, but ultimately I just want to have fun again.

The new people don't remember the old days...let those days go. Build the amazing trucks you're known for, show up for your ass whooping like I plan to do, and maybe someone locally will be inspired to follow your lead and do the same. Otherwise, kiss your sanity goodbye.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #1817
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
First off Mike, I've always respected and admired your passion for scale. Your builds have always been great and very inspirational. My hat's off to you.

I agree with you, but also realize that keeping people interested in this hobby is also important. I wish more people had the scale passion that you do, but if "cheater trucks" keep people coming out to events, than I'm all for it.

I know there are people who pick the rules apart line by line looking for loopholes they can exploit. I don't get it, but if that's their thing and they enjoy it, good for them.

I stepped away from this hobby for awhile because of personal life events, but I'm in a position now where I can start enjoying it again. I'll build the trucks that make me happy. They'll be as scale as I can make them in performance, and hopefully closer to your abilities in looks, but ultimately I just want to have fun again.

The new people don't remember the old days...let those days go. Build the amazing trucks you're known for, show up for your ass whooping like I plan to do, and maybe someone locally will be inspired to follow your lead and do the same. Otherwise, kiss your sanity goodbye.
Well put.

I prefer more scale appearance but competition will always evolve. The guys who need to win will always push the rules and build rigs on the edge of legal, that's the way it is, I don't hold that against them if that's what they want to do. I don't plan on winning with my rigs but I will give my all with what I have. I still attend when I can to have fun and enjoy the time with friends and good people that I only see every couple years. I do agree with Mike for the most part but to me it's about enjoying the hobby, not winning everything.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #1818

guys who ARENT NEW TO THE HOBBY show up to scale comp events with rigs that arent even to the level of scale that a bone stock wraith or dingo is, yet they can pull -42 scale points because they manipulate the rules to their favor and then stomp their feet when called out on it, and thats ok?

idgaf really what you wanna run, i agree the more the merrier and everybody have fun but when the rules can be exploited to make a cheater truck max out on scale points, that bothers me... on a couple levels.

fix the rules to have the scale points favor people who put the time in, and make it next to impossible to be able to exploit the rules and do weak sauce shit like claiming a 1" long piece of metal as a slider on your cheater truck.

newbies dont show up with a cheater rig that can claim 40 scale points, they show up with a scx or a ascender or whatever else they can buy thats been marketed to them as SCALE.

do you really think its more intimidating OR confusing to come to your first event and see a really scaled out rig that at least stated out as something you recognize and that more often than not wont perform as decent as your stocker, OR see some crazy cheater rig with 40 scale points that looks nothing like your stock dingo pull lines you end up timing out trying to match?
Old 10-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #1819
I wanna be Dave

Either stop putting so much emphasis on scale points or stop putting the emphasis on performance. It's no fun when guys exploit the loopholes to a crazy extent but it's even less fun when rules become lawyer speak and include every bit of minutiae that could possibly come up.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #1820
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
guys who ARENT NEW TO THE HOBBY show up to scale comp events with rigs that arent even to the level of scale that a bone stock wraith or dingo is, yet they can pull -42 scale points because they manipulate the rules to their favor and then stomp their feet when called out on it, and thats ok?

idgaf really what you wanna run, i agree the more the merrier and everybody have fun but when the rules can be exploited to make a cheater truck max out on scale points, that bothers me... on a couple levels.

fix the rules to have the scale points favor people who put the time in, and make it next to impossible to be able to exploit the rules and do weak sauce shit like claiming a 1" long piece of metal as a slider on your cheater truck.

newbies dont show up with a cheater rig that can claim 40 scale points, they show up with a scx or a ascender or whatever else they can buy thats been marketed to them as SCALE.

do you really think its more intimidating OR confusing to come to your first event and see a really scaled out rig that at least stated out as something you recognize and that more often than not wont perform as decent as your stocker, OR see some crazy cheater rig with 40 scale points that looks nothing like your stock dingo pull lines you end up timing out trying to match?
I couldn't have said that better myself "thumbs"

But I get it... ill just continue with my doll house trucks

Facepalm facebook fail finds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your Battery Finds Here!! morg59jeep Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 318 02-16-2022 04:28 PM
Thrift store finds MikeChino Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 10 01-02-2014 12:41 AM
eBay finds..the good ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 1 07-11-2012 11:57 AM