Thread: Happy James Earl Ray day!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #181
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Happy James Earl Ray day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i was bitching about the same people you are bitching about, dumbass.
Simply came back to apologize for misrepresenting you. Though, your post was unclear on who you where antagonizing. And honestly, I don't see your ass doing any tricks.

I must say though, it amazes me that many forums dedicated to RC have a section like this that is often frequented and even dominated by trolls as an outlet for hate speech. It is always defended as "free speech" by their apologists. As if they are discussing lofty ideals and not just open hatred and incendiary rhetoric as some kind of creepy game used for male bonding.

It's easy to see why these guys do it from the shadows. They are adults playing a grade school game that would get them floored in person. And they know it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #182
RCC Addict

Oh hey Stopmojim, I didnt know Nazi camp got out until 8... did you decide to skip arts and crafts?

You should keep at it, someday that potholder your working on is going to make some little fräulein give you some. Maybe then you can lighten up.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #183
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopmojim View Post
.It is always defended as "free speech" by their apologists. As if they are discussing lofty ideals and not just open hatred and incendiary rhetoric as some kind of creepy game used for male bonding.

There are no 'standards' by which freedom of speech is bound by. You may have created some of your own but theyre yours. Dont expect everyone else to follow suit.

Often subjects that seem simple, base or coarse are the ones society is too scared to talk about. And when they get scared they say things like "They are just discussing open hatred and incendiary rhetoric as some kind of creepy game used for male bonding."

Most of society doesnt know any better. Im thankful for the folks on here that push the boundaries by way of free thought.

Last edited by RANOVRU; 01-27-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #184
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Simply came back to apologize for misrepresenting you. Though, your post was unclear on who you where antagonizing. And honestly, I don't see your ass doing any tricks.

I must say though, it amazes me that many forums dedicated to RC have a section like this that is often frequented and even dominated by trolls as an outlet for hate speech. It is always defended as "free speech" by their apologists. As if they are discussing lofty ideals and not just open hatred and incendiary rhetoric as some kind of creepy game used for male bonding.

It's easy to see why these guys do it from the shadows. They are adults playing a grade school game that would get them floored in person. And they know it.
I like the bill of rights, 1st and 2nd amendment the best. The 7th just after, mainly for comedic reasons.

Free speech is just that, free. I don't and I'm sure plenty others don't care much either who is offended by our opinions. No one is trying to incite a riot so in law this is not hate speech either. We're all just assholes on a monitor... Why do you care so much?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #185
RCC Addict

If we're going to whitewash RCC then we should make it fair and let all paying members make a list of topics/ideas/opinions that offend them and ban those as well.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #186
RCC Addict

Quote:

Free speech is exactly that. People have the right to speak their mind. Men better than you and I have died for that.

You have the right to not like what other people think. You do not have the right to try and shut them up because what is said does not fall in with your ideals.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:04 AM   #187

White trash originally posted happy james earl ray day! That is all. Never offered up an explanation or opening for a discussion. He later stated he posts it up every year and no one has ever caught it. After being confronted he came up with his explanation. If he had posted up, james earl ray did mlk a favor, we would still be here at this point. People being offened, and people saying its free speech. 100 or so years ago if he had made that statement in public, in the wrong part of the neiborhood that did not share his point of view, There's no telling what would have happened to him. My point is the largest mob usually rules, minus police intervention. Until those of us that find his statement offensive raise hell loud enough until it pisses off certain mods or starts cutting into rcc subscriptions there will be change. Its going to come down to mob rule. The statement happy james earl ray day, does not invite intelligent debate.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:52 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Kaiser, all bullshitting aside, respect here is earned not given. A lot of us have been around here a very long time, know each other outside of the forum from traveling around the country competing with each other and our little toy trucks.

Hang around a while, show some knowledge, do a build thread or two thignot is fun and informative, and show respect to not only the long timers but the new guys as well. In return you will find yourself being respected. We don't take kindly to new guys coming onto the forum and starting shit. They end up flamed, trolled, and driven away, because none of us want to deal with their bullshit.

If you think it's rough here, check out pirate 4x4, RCC's "roughness" is child's play.
I don't think it's rough here. I understand the respect is earned point of view. I look at it as if Im meeting a person in person for the first time. You dont start off with sarcasm, you choose your words wisely because you dont know the person your talking too. Yes I am guilty of getting pist at people on this forum, and responding Ignorantly, or out of anger. My first real contact with anyone on rcc in my opinion was meet with sarcasm because I posted a question in the wrong section of the forum. I believe it was sarcasm. I am sarcastic myself, so I think I recognize it when I hear it or read it. I belive respect should be given. Then reevaluated based on the ongoing relationship. Or continued to be given based upon each sides actions. I don't believe a newbie or person new to the forum or sport should be exspected to put up with ribbing or sarcasm in certain sections of the forum. Im not trying to start an argument. You responded to a post I made and I responded back with my thoughts on the subject.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:48 AM   #189
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser552 View Post
I don't think it's rough here. I understand the respect is earned point of view. I look at it as if Im meeting a person in person for the first time. You dont start off with sarcasm, you choose your words wisely because you dont know the person your talking too. Yes I am guilty of getting pist at people on this forum, and responding Ignorantly, or out of anger. My first real contact with anyone on rcc in my opinion was meet with sarcasm because I posted a question in the wrong section of the forum. I believe it was sarcasm. I am sarcastic myself, so I think I recognize it when I hear it or read it. I belive respect should be given. Then reevaluated based on the ongoing relationship. Or continued to be given based upon each sides actions. I don't believe a newbie or person new to the forum or sport should be exspected to put up with ribbing or sarcasm in certain sections of the forum. Im not trying to start an argument. You responded to a post I made and I responded back with my thoughts on the subject.
We have a newbie section for that, where any question can be asked no matter how stupid, without any negative recourse from forum members. Once you have been here long enough you grow tired of "do I need a bec?", "what is the stock spur size?", "is axial a good brand?", etc. Which is why we have a newbie section. Those kind of questions can be asked there and get a real answer.

RCC has been around long enough that with the exception of new rigs coming out, just about every question that could ever be asked and answered about a rock crawler has been. That is where the search function comes in. Yes we grow intolerant of the same question being asked repeatedly, when if the member had taken the same time to search their question they would have found at least 10 threads, possibly hundreds with the answer they were looking for. I chalk that up to a lazy person, which seems to be the way this world is headed. No one wants to find what they are looking for, they want it handed to them. Outside of the newbie section that is fair game to receive a less than ideal respinse.

Respect given? No way, it needs to be earned. And not just here, but anywhere in life. Any other way just feeds into the pussification of America and the world as a whole. Politicaly correct? F*** that...
Old 01-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #190
Scale Detail Engineering

It's interesting that people will get worked up over defending the right to free speech but not say anything about the content of the speech itself.
It does appear that many here condone racism.

Last edited by johnnyh66; 01-28-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:05 AM   #191
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
It's interesting that people will get worked up over defending the right to free speech but not say anything about the content of the speech itself.
It does appear that many here condone racism.
Well I guess that makes me a racist then. While I do not practice racism and do not teach my son racism, I do respect my fellow man's right to their opinion and right to express it no matter how much I may disagree with them. Do I think they are right? Hell no, but I will defend their right to be wrong.

Ok, sure I am a racist, bigot, and quite predjudice. I like black people, but can't stand n******s. Latino's, I love their passion and culture, but loathe s***s. The asians? Amazing people, history, culture, but I hate c****s, g***s, and s****s. White people? Yeah, I like them too, but despise c******s. The gays and lesbians? They are great too, but f**s and d***s I find repulsive.

I was raised with tolerance, I was raised with the words of MLK "judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character" and I hold true to those ideals. I don't care if you are black, brown, yellow, red, green, or engage in same sex relations. I will not judge you for any of those things so long as at your core you are a good person. There are shit people form all walks of life, which is where my thoughts in the paragraph above this one come in. Be a shitty person and I will judge you and have extreme dislike towards you.

Just because a man is racist, does not make them a bad person in my eyes though. Narrow minded, misguided, and wrong? YES! HELL YES! But I still defend their right to be wrong and express it, just as I defend the rights of those that oppose their thoughts and debate with them in an attempt to enlighten their ignorant views.

Edit: Thank you johnnyh66 for allowing me the opportunity to clean up and repost my foul mouthed response. My apologies to all who saw my outburst in it's unedited version. Passion over took common sense.

Last edited by DickyT; 01-28-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #192
MODERATOR™

Alright, enough of this. Enough of the bad moods.

Locked.
Closed Thread

Tags
%yourwhiteguilt, back peddling dumbass, johnny obama's only son, mustangsareracist, trolljohnnytroll, white trash is a douche

Happy James Earl Ray day! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Late Canada Day/Early Independence Day monkeyracing Tamiya XC/CC01 1 07-04-2012 11:19 AM
HAPPY HAPPY B-DAY chasinbaja sococrawler Nevada 4 10-31-2010 06:39 AM
Happy Birthday 2JSC / James! bmuzz1 Arizona 6 10-07-2010 01:25 PM
Happy Birthday James DeweyCJ5 Nebraska 9 09-01-2010 08:09 PM
Happy B-day! LIKES2CRAWL Chit Chat 5 05-04-2007 02:47 PM