Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2022, 08:36 PM   #3261
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

wood is still my only heat sorce so i still gather haul and split my own wood
ive been thinking of getting one of those electric saws i dont cut alot at a.time only 1/4 cord as thats all my subaru will haul in one trip
my truck wont climb the hill to the trees so im kinda stuck using the roo but i can get deep in the back country even in 2ft of snow
one of those electric saws would.probably work out real nice and theres no restrictions on electric saws like there is on gas
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2022, 08:55 PM   #3262
I wanna be Dave

For a few years, I've been wanting to build a vehicle with a working leaf spring suspension. And, for the past couple of years, I've wanted to build a scale military vehicle. Well...now, I get to do both, and with a single vehicle.
However, I'm not exactly here with the included 'friction' shocks, or that there's no OD...both of which I will be looking for "solutions" to. For the OD, I'm probably going to need either the RC4WD over/Under T-case, or the TGH T-case (won't know until I determine how much OD I actually need. As for the shocks, I'm open to suggestions (especially from those who might have already built the HC4, HC6, or any other Cross RC vehicles using the same friction shocks.
~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:19 PM   #3263
RCC Addict

Box of goodies from Amain got here today.
Few items for the Savvy Bomber
Couple packs of Rubbers for the Monster Mash build. Saefty first. lol

And something I've needed since I got out of crawler a decade ago.
Some Quality Tools.

Everyone loves an open box.

MosterMash Rubbers.
JCon Ruptures in Green compound. Have some Pittbull Dirty Richard foams to go into them. Firms on the rear and Mediums on the F.

Bomber goodies are slim in this box. But Worth both.

And the good goods (As if the others aren't, heh)
Some Vanquish SAE and Metric Drivers

And a set of Reefs for the Electric Driver

As an added Bonus. Amain tossed in a sheet of their Stickers. Its on the pile with the other stickers still needing to be applied.

Should get a box fom RPP tomorrow with a few other bomber and monstermash items.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:27 AM   #3264
I wanna be Dave

Meet Doug!
This has to be the smallest crawler I’ve run, But it’s a big league performer.
So I read about it and was intrigued. Surprised that I could get it (in red)in two days from Amazon. So I did, and came RTR. Why Doug? Well the Chinese are known for knock offs, and I guess translation was bad……
I did try it with stock shocks…… hmmmm

Great rock bouncer, but the shocks come dry, but a complete o ring set is included. Building the shocks was a heart attack, until I found the cap I launched 10 feet. Green slime 6 drops of 30w and the shocks worked!

No the shocks don’t leak, and I’ve got the metal portal gears coming in.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:39 PM   #3265
Rock Crawler

Mmm... discontinued Vp wheels...
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:05 PM   #3266
RCC Addict

Those red ano with the black rock rings look killer
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:20 PM   #3267
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Those red ano with the black rock rings look killer
Red 2.2" Machetes. I had 4 and needed a 5th, but I could only find a 6 pack for sale after months of looking. I'll have 5 of them available soon, if you like them. FYI, I always sell shit for less than I should...
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:38 PM   #3268
I wanna be Dave

Finally joined the flat rail crowd! Had this bad boy delivered 2 weeks ago. Have some ideas on what I want to put on it but it’ll be set aside for a while cuz I’m good at buying too much at one time

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:36 PM   #3269
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Finally joined the flat rail crowd! Had this bad boy delivered 2 weeks ago. Have some ideas on what I want to put on it but it’ll be set aside for a while cuz I’m good at buying too much at one time

Nice man, good choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 10:42 PM   #3270
RCC Addict

Big week… the post person bringeth many items of rc goodness.

Dlux portal trans
Crawlmaster mini v2
1400kv snubnose revolver v3
Incision drive shafts
And a Crawlmaster sport

I should get a new mat. Might be time to get an actual pit mat

Old 07-09-2022, 09:15 AM   #3271
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Finally joined the flat rail crowd
Congrats!! Be careful, they multiply very quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Big week… the post person bringeth many items of rc goodness.

Dlux portal trans
Crawlmaster mini v2
1400kv snubnose revolver v3
Incision drive shafts
And a Crawlmaster sport

I should get a new mat. Might be time to get an actual pit mat

That is some nice RC goodness!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:13 AM   #3272
Go Buckeyes!

So here lately I've been addicted to an app that my wife showed me. This app called BIDFTA is for local auctions of Amazon returns. From what I see, most bigger cities around the country have these sites for bidding and local pickup. In my case in my city, a former Value City department store was turned into this BIDFTA auction pickup site.

Anyways, after a few weeks of bidding and winning, I figured I'd show one of my auction wins/purchases from yesterday. I won a Tyger Tri-fold Tonneau cover for my 2007 Toyota Tacoma. List price for this on Amazon was near $200 bucks and I got it for the low price of $30 bucks. Brand new and not a thing wrong with it!

Name:  IMG_9099 (2).jpg
Views: 131
Size:  177.2 KB
Old 07-10-2022, 08:16 AM   #3273
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
So here lately I've been addicted to an app that my wife showed me. This app called BIDFTA is for local auctions of Amazon returns. From what I see, most bigger cities around the country have these sites for bidding and local pickup. In my case in my city, a former Value City department store was turned into this BIDFTA auction pickup site.

Anyways, after a few weeks of bidding and winning, I figured I'd show one of my auction wins/purchases from yesterday. I won a Tyger Tri-fold Tonneau cover for my 2007 Toyota Tacoma. List price for this on Amazon was near $200 bucks and I got it for the low price of $30 bucks. Brand new and not a thing wrong with it!

Attachment 400697

Nice score. My brother has done some liquidation auctions and ended up with some good deals.

Old 07-10-2022, 10:35 AM   #3274
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

Attachment 400697
Omg such a win.
Goro Majima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:03 PM   #3275
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
Red 2.2" Machetes. I had 4 and needed a 5th, but I could only find a 6 pack for sale after months of looking. I'll have 5 of them available soon, if you like them. FYI, I always sell shit for less than I should...

lol Thanks for the head's up!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:21 AM   #3276
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Nice score. My brother has done some liquidation auctions and ended up with some good deals.

Thanks! The items listed are pretty random, but the least common items that are posted can be had for pennies on the dollar. I've bet a lot of people buy up these great deals and them flip them for a profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Omg such a win.
Yeah it's crazy what can be had for dirt cheap! Last week I picked up a complete set of Auto Ventshade in-channel 4-piece window deflectors for my Tacoma for 5 cents! Yes, you heard right, 5 pennies!
Old 07-11-2022, 09:30 AM   #3277
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
lmao... I liked your story and so much of it resonates with me... Apologies for the long read but here's my background...

I grew up in central Ohio on a farm and our heating was mainly done with wood as well. Spent the fall months felling, sawing, splitting... every weekend. Dad even sold/ delivered cords and half cords to the wealthy people in town. Brings back some vivid memories... all of us loaded up into that old Ford, slipping and sliding through the suburbs on the snowy icy streets.

Anyway... I probably started cutting around 10-12 yrs old. I know that dad's main saw was a Poulan and it was a damn good one from what I remember. But when I grew up, I didn't have the money for any of the really good ones like Stihl, Husqvarna, etc so I bought what I thought was the next best thing and within my budget... a McCulloch. I don't know what model it was but I think it was an 18" or maybe 20".

I used it quite a bit the first season I had it but into the next season it started giving me headaches... so I'd make adjustments, tear it down, rebuild the carb, etc but it was always a hassle. So after a few years I decided to do the same as you... go against my family's heritage and buy an electric chainsaw lol. Only difference is that mine is corded and also has an optional telescoping pole that has come in very handy many times. And it's a Remington... not even a good brand.

Well that was well over a decade ago. And to this day it remains one of my most favorite outdoor tools. I've taken down trees and limbs that were well over 10" diameter. I've taken out stumps and even cut up lumber with this thing including a small gazebo in our back yard that needed to come down.

Every year or so I put a fresh Oregon chain on it and every once in a while I'll take it apart to inspect things and clean it out as well as clean out the chain groove on the bar, tensioner, and oiling mechanism. It's easy to work on and it's pretty small so it's easy to store.

Mine doesn't have a case either but it's not a big deal. I just make sure to store it on top of an old rubber mat so that it doesn't leak any oil onto my garage shelves. And it does leak but just a little and not all the time... and that's after many years that it never did leak. I'm sure that the one you got is designed better in that regard anyway. But yeah... besides the occasional seasonal maintenance, all I ever do is try to make sure that the chain stays lubricated. Literally a "point-n-shoot" tool.

Lastly- I think that's a real plus that you don't have to worry about any cords either. That aspect is sometimes a bit of a hassle and definitely keeps me on my toes but I'd definitely say that an electric or battery powered chainsaw is a great investment. And I don't see that you'll ever miss the gas. These batt/ elec saws are so much less hassle and I honestly doubt that you'll ever run into anything that it can't handle as long as you keep those batteries charged up and have a sharp chain.
Its funny, going electric almost feels like I am handing over my man-card. Then I find out that most of the people I know have already switched over to electric for the same reasons I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
wood is still my only heat sorce so i still gather haul and split my own wood
ive been thinking of getting one of those electric saws i dont cut alot at a.time only 1/4 cord as thats all my subaru will haul in one trip
my truck wont climb the hill to the trees so im kinda stuck using the roo but i can get deep in the back country even in 2ft of snow
one of those electric saws would.probably work out real nice and theres no restrictions on electric saws like there is on gas
Milwaukee boasts the 12a battery is good for 150 cuts at 8-12". It likely will be all you need. Taking two packs will certainly have you covered, that is considering at a 12a pack is $250.

I would also check other brands, given what system you are already invested in. Dewalt uses two smaller packs in a saddle configuration.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:39 AM   #3278
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Its funny, going electric almost feels like I am handing over my man-card. Then I find out that most of the people I know have already switched over to electric for the same reasons I did.

Milwaukee boasts the 12a battery is good for 150 cuts at 8-12". It likely will be all you need. Taking two packs will certainly have you covered, that is considering at a 12a pack is $250.

I would also check other brands, given what system you are already invested in. Dewalt uses two smaller packs in a saddle configuration.
im already running milwaukee and already have 2 extended batterys and a stocker so it would be cheaper to buy just the tool than to switch brands

unless harbor freight has one lol

that drill is on its second life i had to do a complete rebuild on the drivetrain after i distroyed it unfotunitly the flashlight that came in the set wasent so lucky its in peices after the pc board took a dump and i couldent find a new one the rest of the tools are holding up good though

Last edited by ferp420; 07-11-2022 at 11:20 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:50 PM   #3279
RCC Addict

HH CM Mini V2 for Monster Mash build.

Beef Tubes and some Fast Eddy bearings for the Bomber.
Also picked up an SSD Diff cover for the front of it. Have the HR Skull Diff Cover coming for the rear diff.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:21 PM   #3280
I wanna be Dave

https://images.app.goo.gl/5zZaSaSex4jbwdeE7
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM