Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2022, 09:52 PM   #3301
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Makita is GOOD stuff. Years ago, while working on a plastics warehouse, all tools we used were Makita. As for the instructions bring in Japanese, there's a couple things you could try. First, go to the Makita website, and see if there's an English downloadable PDF version.

If there's no English pdf, any of other language (including Japanese) PDF will work for option 2...although, it will be more time consuming. Download the manual in 'some' other language, and open the PDF. If there's no downloadable versions, you can always scan the printed manual to saving it in PDF format.

Next, in your web browser, go to the Google Translate page, setting the 'from' language to whatever language the PDF is in, and the 'to' language to English. Copy & paste one sentence at a time (while doing now than one sentence at a time is (usually) possible, it can also cause errors). Then, copy the translated sentence, and paste it into a Word document.

Continuing like this, you will be able to translate the entire manual. For an H&M hull (boat) I purchased, the entire manual was in German. There was no downloadable version, and I was going to do the 'scan & save PDF' method...but, I emailed H&M, and they were kind enough to email me the manual in PDF format. Using the Google Translate described above (approx 20 pages), it took me approx five weeks (only working on it on my days off), but I was able to complete it.

As a "thank you" to H&M for providing me the PDF, knowing that a LOT of their hulls are bought by people in the UK, and North America, I emailed them the English-translated version, which they could make available via download from the website and/or they could email it to those who might ask.

I know (first hand) that it's a lot of work...but, in the end, you end up with exactly what you needed - a manual in English.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
I appreciate the help, but I was joking. The manual is going directly into the trash, like the one for every other power tool I've ever bought.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2022, 09:55 PM   #3302
Rock Crawler

Pull trigger for ugga duggas.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:28 AM   #3303
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Was able to get an order in place. Woot woot!
Nice buy! I just saw that these were released! Can't wait to see how these perform! Rock Pirates RC is making some great aftermarket stuff!!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:51 AM   #3304
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Years ago, while working on a plastic warehouses, all tools we used were Makita.
~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
so what did those plastic warehouses get used for were they just diaramas or were they some kind of barbies amazon warehose play set what scale were they in sounds interesting maybe lol do you or they still make them

Last edited by ferp420; 07-21-2022 at 07:25 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:45 AM   #3305
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
so what did those plastic warehouses get used for were they just diaramas or were they some kind of barbies amazon warehose play set what scale were they in sounds interesting maybe lol do you or they still make them
Lexan, LexGuard, Lucite, Plexiglas, HDPE, LDPE, Polypropylene, Teflon, Mylar, etc...sheets & rods...individual pieces, through multiple pallets...as-is from the factory, or custom cut/shaped (strips, blocks, chair mats, etc). One of our biggest (dollar-wise) customers was the University of California Laurence Livermore Nuclear Laboratory.

Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:08 AM   #3306
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Lexan, LexGuard, Lucite, Plexiglas, HDPE, LDPE, Polypropylene, Teflon, Mylar, etc...sheets & rods...individual pieces, through multiple pallets...as-is from the factory, or custom cut/shaped (strips, blocks, chair mats, etc). One of our biggest (dollar-wise) customers was the University of California Laurence Livermore Nuclear Laboratory.

cool i dident really want to know what there made of but hay

any pics of these warehouses would like to see one in the wild lol

ya know i never understood why the evirometalists want to shut down caranagie ohv area when theres a damb nuculer lab testing bombs and deadly viruses right next door kinda makes a few drops of gas irrelavent

i used to ride the hell out of that creek i pretty much stoped going out there after they closed it off
Old 07-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #3307
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
cool i dident really want to know what there made of but hay

any pics of these warehouses would like to see one in the wild lol

ya know i never understood why the evirometalists want to shut down caranagie ohv area when theres a damb nuculer lab testing bombs and deadly viruses right next door kinda makes a few drops of gas irrelavent

i used to ride the hell out of that creek i pretty much stoped going out there after they closed it off
The company I worked for (at the time) was called 'Cadillac Plastic and Chemical Company'. Check this link for a basic rundown of what the company is, and does:
https://www.plasticsnet.com/doc/cadi...l-company-0001

Old 07-21-2022, 10:14 AM   #3308
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The company I worked for (at the time) was called 'Cadillac Plastic and Chemical Company'. Check this link for a basic rundown of what the company is, and does:
https://www.plasticsnet.com/doc/cadi...l-company-0001

im not seeing the warehouses on that site were they a custom order what scale were they its a iteresting concept it would be cool to see one all done up already

i found this one did they just make the inside or was it a hole warehouze

Last edited by ferp420; 07-21-2022 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:25 AM   #3309
I wanna be Dave

ok i think i got it you made plastic warehouses and sold them to a federal nuculer labratory in livermoore
i wonder what they were doing with them
Old 07-21-2022, 10:25 AM   #3310
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
im not seeing the warehouses on that site were they a custom order what scale were they its a iteresting concept it would be cool to see one all done up already

i found this one did they just make the inside or was it a hole warehouze
Cadillac plastic has nothing to do with RC. That's not to say that individual locations wouldn't be able to do something...but, it would be very cost-prohibitive, as they do much larger quantities than an individual would have need of. Now, if a hobby shop wanted something custom done, and were willing to order a quantity in (at minimum) the hundreds, that is what they do.

Quote:
ok i think i got it you made plastic warehouses and sold them to a federal nuculer labratory in livermoore
i wonder what they were doing with them
I didn't say I worked "on" plastic warehouses, I said I worked "in" a plastic Warehouse...as in, A supplier of plastics to individuals, large corporations, and universities. Cadillac obtains everything they sell direct from the manufacturers, and are the world's largest distributor of plastics.

Last edited by Panther6834; 07-21-2022 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #3311
RCC Addict

So... hmmm. It's not that I'm necessarily complaining about my recent purchase, but I guess that it might be considered understandable that I possess some degree of dismay and never at any point in my life thought that I would be in a position to say:

I just discovered some pubic hairs in my newly acquired bag of googly eyes.

Now it's time for me to process all of this... like, do I just go and pluck out the pubes and go about my business as if this never happened? Or do I return the googly eyes and show customer service my discovery? And do I request that they not put this pkg back on the shelf... for the sake of some young girl to discover as she's google-eyeing all of her possessions? Or do I keep it and possibly use these bonus pubes for another project?... Like a Homer Simpson driver? or some incredibly short winch lines?

Anyway.. This is now a part of my life and it's just not quite where I thought I'd ever find myself.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:10 PM   #3312
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Cadillac plastic has nothing to do with RC. That's not to say that individual locations wouldn't be able to do something...but, it would be very cost-prohibitive, as they do much larger quantities than an individual would have need of. Now, if a hobby shop wanted something custom done, and were willing to order a quantity in (at minimum) the hundreds, that is what they do.

I didn't say I worked "on" plastic warehouses, I said I worked "in" a plastic Warehouse...as in, A supplier of plastics to individuals, large corporations, and universities. Cadillac obtains everything they sell direct from the manufacturers, and are the world's largest distributor of plastics.

got it lol making props for goverment propaganda videos sounds more interesring though
Old 07-21-2022, 02:13 PM   #3313
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
got it lol making props for goverment propaganda videos sounds more interesring though
Lol. Seriously...thank you for the laughs.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:46 PM   #3314
RCC Addict

Got a couple new purchases over the last week or so. Traded a crawler I had for the UDR, and got the first shipment of parts to start the rebuild. Along with some Tatu 850mah 3s packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:00 PM   #3315
RCC Addict

last items for the bomber got here.

Servos and a few bits for the Monster mash also.

Instead of rebuilding the stock axles for the bomber, I opted to just get new housings and build news all the way, and have the stock axles as spares...

Also grabbed the 2 speed should I decide I need it once I drop in the XR8SCT/3600kv combo.

And then for Monster say a set of Reefs.
1100 Smart Servo and the 800:IS servo winch. Wheel fillers from SSD for the wheels also.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:33 AM   #3316
I wanna be Dave

I obtained the metal portal gears and some other goodies from FMS. Quickly shipped and was trackable

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:09 PM   #3317
RCC Addict

5 pairs of chassis rails (I call it the Flat Bastard)
5 pairs of Phoenix style vs410 electronics trays
2 pairs of vs410 shock towers
6 servo mount style electronics trays (short and long)
3 delrin skid blanks
1 ‘35 hot rod servo mount plate

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:44 PM   #3318
RCC Addict

Default Pics of your latest purchase

[mention]twade984 [/mention] That sure is a nice haul! Can’t wait to get my hands on a set. You should scribe them TWC or something “Tom Wade Customs”
That’s a nice looking bench mat! Haha

Last edited by Fricker08; 07-25-2022 at 12:30 AM.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:05 PM   #3319
Rock Crawler

I must've missed a post about those rails?

After several months and I'm assuming a couple of updates, finally bought the ISDT ESC70.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 06:24 AM   #3320
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
I must've missed a post about those rails?

After several months and I'm assuming a couple of updates, finally bought the ISDT ESC70.

I’ve looked at that Esc several times, but the Amazon reviews scared me away.

Rails are something I designed for myself and had cut by sendcutsend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
[mention]twade984 [/mention] That sure is a nice haul! Can’t wait to get my hands on a set. You should scribe them TWC or something “Tom Wade Customs”
That’s a nice looking bench mat! Haha

Sendcutsend customs!

I love this mat. Worth every penny

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM