Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Post your other Toy Collections

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2018, 11:13 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Post your other Toy Collections

I don't mind. Post up any collections you guys have.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2018, 12:34 AM   #142
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Sure! Taking a big risk here but...

Do you play with it?

Occasional cuddling and small talk but that's about it!

I've actually done one thing or another to almost all my guitars ( I mean the very few that I have). My biggest projects were a beloved Stratocaster, Gibson SG, and Schecter Hellraiser that all underwent some pretty serious aesthetic and performance changes as well as a completely trashed Fender Duo Sonic that I rebuilt and refinished from the ground up. Thinking now that maybe a dedicated Guitar Thread might be a better idea although I love the eclectic nature of this thread so idk.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:11 AM   #143
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Most of my Lego Star Wars sets came from a discount store owned by the same people who own where I work. These were mostly store returns, that were about 60% off retail, plus my 10% employee discount. The ones missing pieces (usually minifigs) were discounted even further. I think I paid $75 for the UCS TIE (open box but complete) and like $20 for Kylo Ren's Shuttle (missing minifigs and about $1.50 in pieces, far right) as examples.

I personally just enjoy having them. If I decide to get rid of any of them they'll probably just go to my nephew who is a HUGE Lego geek, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Damn...you got Kylo’s Shuttle for that?! That was one I missed out on...my to buy list is big.

Quote:
Wow so that rocksmith is legit? I kept hearing its the most realistic musical instrument game out there. Never tried though cuz I suck even at guitar hero haha

Well you know how I said just last post how I dont buy figures purely based on value? I may have slightly broken that rule, or at least bent it.
I'm not a huge prequel fan but the clone Wars cartoon was pretty good. Found this guy at barnes and noble. Totally forgot he was getting a figure!

Anyway I'm kinda on the fence if I should keep him or not since this is only the 2nd six inch prequel figure I ever bought.
Admit I am guilty of looking him up on eBay while I was in line to buy him.

Ooh, that’s nice. Wolffe Company is my jam! My B&N has a good selection of stuff...have to see if he’s there. Years back I didn’t pull the trigger on Boba Fett...and Jango Fett(with removal helmet). I’m not much of an action figure guy, but I do regret buying those...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Good news brother.
Boba Fett is getting a second release as a "thank you" to the fans in a line called "archives".
Early figures like pilot Luke, boba, ig88, and a few others are coming soon.

I missed out on jango. I got close once but it looked like his blasters were missing? Never saw him on the pegs again.

As for wolffe... I know there is some personal connection between the character and series producer Dave Filoni. All I can find is that he created the design for his phase 2 armor but I could swear the connection is deeper. Hmm. Might hang on to this guy until I figure it out. No pun intended lol
And the hype is about to explode with the clone wars coming back with a new theatrical release!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #145
Rock Crawler

Great collections guys! I don’t have much of a collection of anything. I used to collect Gundam model kits (1/100) scale, but I gave my house up to my uncle in a family dispute, and never went back for the model kits. I don’t know what happened to them.

Now I’m starting to collect the 1/60 scale kits, 6 total so far, but I haven’t started assembling them, cause I never buy paint (I can’t paint worth a damn!), but I have bought several L.E.D kits for them. Three of the six are the same model, but different variations...one of them is see through, ones pink/red, and the last is white/blue.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Nice. I had a couple 1/60 perfect grade kits. The GM grunt gundam and I think wing gundam? Sold them at a garage sale like an idiot. Never even opened them.

Those light kits sound cool. Post up when you finish them!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #147
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Good news brother.
Boba Fett is getting a second release as a "thank you" to the fans in a line called "archives".
Early figures like pilot Luke, boba, ig88, and a few others are coming soon.

I missed out on jango. I got close once but it looked like his blasters were missing? Never saw him on the pegs again.

As for wolffe... I know there is some personal connection between the character and series producer Dave Filoni. All I can find is that he created the design for his phase 2 armor but I could swear the connection is deeper. Hmm. Might hang on to this guy until I figure it out. No pun intended lol
And the hype is about to explode with the clone wars coming back with a new theatrical release!
Without looking it up, I’m pretty sure he’s a big fan of wolves. I recall him wearing a shirt(or pin?) regularly to cons that was a wolfs head.

Dave Filoni tangent...a few years back I was invited to a HS friends wedding. Was close in school, didn’t talk much lately. It turned out to be a super small wedding..but as I walked in...I internally panicked. Right there, standing talking to some people was Dave Filoni. None the four people I came with were big fans of SW, didn’t even know about Clone Wars. So my excitement was wasted...

I also don’t usually get all up in arms about celebrities, but I had recently watched Celebration, so I was hyped. I did end up talking to him a bit, he signed a dollar bill & even drew Ahsoka on it.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:52 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

That's rad man. I have never bumped into a celebrity like that outside a convention.
But of those I have talked to at cons, Jeremy bulloch aka boba fett was by far the coolest.

And thanks for thw cool stuff about filoni.
Now the force wolves in the rebels show make sense.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #149
Rock Stacker

Quote:
That's rad man. I have never bumped into a celebrity like that outside a convention.
But of those I have talked to at cons, Jeremy bulloch aka boba fett was by far the coolest.

And thanks for thw cool stuff about filoni.
Now the force wolves in the rebels show make sense.
Speaking of....I saw today that Bulloch is officially retired now. No more cons for the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

oh wow then it really is a pleasure to have met him.
i was at SDCC 200...3? back when you could just "get in line" for autographs. among those i met and got autographs from that year were
Amy Allen (Aayla Secura, also super nice and chatted with me for 20 min.)
William Hootkins (Jek Porkins) RIP
David Prowse (Darth Vader)
and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)

all were very nice (except prowse who seemed bothered to be there and annoyed he wasn't being cast as Vader for episode III)
but when i got to Mr. Bulloch, accompanied by his loving and supportive wife, he asked what i had for him to sign and when he saw my special "300th figure" edition Boba Fett he said "oh GREAT! this is a favorite of mine, and you have a rare one! you see this panel on the side of the box how its white? Hasbro made a running change very early because they found the white to be very un-exciting and it was changed to green. i would LOVE to sign this for you!"
the man's knowledge and fan appreciation is UNPARALLELED. really a gentleman and cares about his fans.

2 hours later i was at the Hasbro booth where they had a giant star wars action figure card bubble package cut out and some random blasters/weapons so YOU could get in and take a pic as a star wars figure.
i got in line because, lets face it that's awesome.
i look ahead and 3 people in front of me... Mr. and Mrs. Bulloch!!! so, here he is, the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy... waiting in line with everyone else! just casually chatting, no crowds, he didn't skip like a diva.
so its his turn and on his way to the bubble he grabs a decent blaster rifle, gets in the bubble an does "THE POSE".
people lost their minds! tons of pics were taken but i have been googling for an hour and cant find it.
so yeah, Mr Bulloch, aka BOBA FETT. awesome.

Last edited by Shinchu; 08-06-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:09 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Finally found cable in the wild!
One step closer to finishing a 90s xmen collection...
Old 08-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #152
RCC Addict

Fair warning, this is going to be quite a few pictures.

Here's some of my stuff, I have a bit of 1/24 NASCAR and 1/64 carded one too, I'll grab pics tomorrow along with the other bigger cars I have.

These are 1/24, both Schumachers

1/18th Ralf Schumacher

My favourite livery ever in F1, Jordan Honda EJ11 driver by Heinz Harald-Frentzen

Sauber C18 driven by Jean Alesi

Michael Schumacher's final win (his 90th), and retirement announcement car from Monza. It actually looks dirty because its supposed to look like it just raced. It also comes with a little figure of Michael as well to mount on the base

One of my two favourite drivers, Kimi Raikkonen in a Ferrari SF15-T

And my other favourite driver, Daniel Ricciardo in the Red Bull Racing RB13

As you can tell, I am a Ferrari fanboy. Now on to some other diecast

Only 2 I wanted from the Euro Speed set

Only 2 I wanted from the HW Redliners set

IndyCar, R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Still have a bunch to post, but I'll do it later
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Nice! My son was given some 1:24 or maybe even 1:18 nascar from his great nana from west by god Virginia lol
Forgot who's sig I got that from but its appropriate here lol

Anyway nice collection and those hot wheels car culture make my grubby little collector hands clutch in reflex when I see them lol I NEEEEEED those!!!
Every series has been awesome so far but I only find a couple peg warmers at a time.
I think I told the story last page about the lady buying 2 sets of car culture shop trucks right in front of my son and I without hesitation.

That Alfa Romeo is fantastic. Great find!

Last edited by Shinchu; 08-12-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #154
Rock Crawler

Audio gear
Attached Images

vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:31 AM   #155
Rock Crawler

More
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Badass. All I have is my Little Dot MKIII.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #157
I wanna be Dave

That's some SERIOUSLY kick-ass gear, I recognize some of it from when I used to browse through audiophile magazines.

All I have is KRK Rokit6 G2 internally bi-amped studio monitors connected to a Behringer mixer and my high-end custom-built gaming PC - they're on either side of my 27" monitor.

But, since they are only about 2 feet from my head and sitting on Auralex acoustic foam wedges, angled directly towards my ears - it sounds pretty damn good (esp. for the money)...

I don't entertain guests hardly ever (1-bedroom apartment), so it's perfect for my needs.

Last edited by durok; 08-13-2018 at 12:53 AM.
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #158
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
That's some SERIOUSLY kick-ass gear, I recognize some of it from when I used to browse through audiophile magazines.

All I have is KRK Rokit6 G2 internally bi-amped studio monitors connected to a Behringer mixer and my high-end custom-built gaming PC - they're on either side of my 27" monitor.

But, since they are only about 2 feet from my head and sitting on Auralex acoustic foam wedges, angled directly towards my ears - it sounds pretty damn good (esp. for the money)...

I don't entertain guests hardly ever (1-bedroom apartment), so it's perfect for my needs.

Thanks

I bet your setup sounds great, use simular bi-amped monitors with my laptop.
You can get great sound without busting the bank..I just tend to go overboard..lol
Old 08-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #159
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Badass. All I have is my Little Dot MKIII.
Thanks

The Little Dot is great, gives you some tubey goodness, I started out with something very simular.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #160
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
Here's some of my stuff, I have a bit of 1/24 NASCAR and 1/64 carded one too, I'll grab pics tomorrow along with the other bigger cars I have.
I knew you'd been holding out!

I guess I'm weird, but I think the Alfa Romeo Giulia HW is the most unique of that lot.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Post your other Toy Collections - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All CAPO Racing Youtube collections !! rcrun2011 Vendors Market 0 08-20-2015 05:23 PM
Your collections paleblue46 Non Crawler RC's 47 08-13-2013 08:30 PM
Toy crawlers r1 to formula toy Toycrawler5481 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2011 06:49 PM
lets see your lipo collections! STANG KILLA SS Electronics 26 04-30-2011 06:56 PM
Total collections of RC's kailuaboy Chit Chat 1 01-29-2007 06:35 PM