Thread: Post your other Toy Collections

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #221
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Post your other Toy Collections

Good news and bad news...

Good news:
Sound chip confirmed!
Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver 3.0 Sound Clips Samples - Transformers News - TFW2005

Bad news:
Its the Japanese voice (not our iconic Peter Cullen)
So now... Maybe I will wait this out to see if Hasbro does a USA release with English speaking Peter Cullen sound chip?

I was affraid this might be the case. Hard to plunk down that much cash when it doesnt sound like the prime I grew up with.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #222
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Good news and bad news...

Good news:
Sound chip confirmed!
Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver 3.0 Sound Clips Samples - Transformers News - TFW2005

Bad news:
Its the Japanese voice (not our iconic Peter Cullen)
So now... Maybe I will wait this out to see if Hasbro does a USA release with English speaking Peter Cullen sound chip?

I was affraid this might be the case. Hard to plunk down that much cash when it doesnt sound like the prime I grew up with.
Hack a Hasbro 20th anniversary masterpiece prime and swap the sound modules! (I think the sound was in the base stand)

I'm not being serious of course, but I wonder if it would work.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:01 PM   #223
I wanna be Dave

I have built custom lightsaber with sound modules, and actually there is a sound chip called blastercore that would be PERFECT.
But yeah no. I'm not gonna risk cracking open a 50,000 yen mp44. Thats for the crazy dudes in the customs section of tfw2005. (To thier credit I have seen some wicked crazy awesome stuff like mp10 repaint... With sound AND lights.)

I have even tried to see if there is a simple record and 0layback chipset available, I think you can get them at build a bear so you can replay a message from the bear?
Something like that has to be out there for cheap.

Ehhh... I just cant justify that $500 figure when it doesnt sound right to me. Kinda silver linings I can put that money into rc instead. Or the marvel legends I've been secretly hoarding instead of working on my 3d printed ford body.
More on that later.

Oh and since my mp04 perfect convoy hasnt sold... Do I keep it until I know about a USA release of mp44?
Or just let go and pick up an mp10?
1st world problems of a modern nostalgia nerd...
Old 12-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #224
I wanna be Dave

TFW2005... I stayed away from that site for the longest time to reduce the risk of temptation. I no longer get tempted by any cool figures that are announced there though. This site on the other hand....
Old 12-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #225
I wanna be Dave

Haha yeah me too. I was a super active member around... Lol I guess 2005 haha when the first bayformers was about to drop. I even commissioned an artist to draw my own character "Driftbot" based on a 1997 Nissan Silvia. (In true g1 animated style)
Bought a custom painted Henkei Megatron too (remember nerf blaster megs?)
But yeah once everyone realized the bayverse was a huge stinking turd, interest trailed off and I jumped on the 25th anniversary GI Joes. Ironic, really sinve the movies killed that franchise entirely.
I'm nervous now as I'm collecting star wars figures, and the star wars hype train is in overdrive. Hopefully the trend does not continue haha the last Jedi and solo have me VERY nervous.

Meanwhile its only getting better and better for marvel.
Both comic and movie lines of legends figures are doing FANTASTIC. Excelsior, indeed!
And now with the fox merger... Hoooooo boy!

Yeah I will post what has been going on with figures soon enough. Trying to get all yhe 90s xmen. I slept on the 1st wave of 90s retro goodness (juggernaught baf) except for deadpool.
Meanwhile Rogue is like $75 and cyclops is nearing $50.
Trying to nab current stuff and wait for the prices to drop or if Hasbro re-releases those 2 somehow.
Stoked for prof X in his hoverchair!

Yeah. Too many hobbies...

***jeez I shoulda checked news before posting...
G1 reissue prime (just the cab) due out in January?!?!
https://tformers.com/walmart-g1-opti...4539/news.html

I might grab a couple of these (my 2001 TRU is missing stuff)
And this one comes with two guns and LONG STACKS!!!

Last edited by Shinchu; 12-16-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #226
I wanna be Dave

Got myself some new crawlers.

Last edited by soze; 12-19-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:50 AM   #227
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

***jeez I shoulda checked news before posting...
G1 reissue prime (just the cab) due out in January?!?!
https://tformers.com/walmart-g1-opti...4539/news.html

I might grab a couple of these (my 2001 TRU is missing stuff)
And this one comes with two guns and LONG STACKS!!!
Nice! no more neutered stacks!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:14 PM   #228
I wanna be Dave

Who knew those cheap table pool games could actually work for a scale garage??

"Check mate!!!"
"That's not how it works Wade. You still have all your red... Never mind."
Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #229
I wanna be Dave

Been a while, so here goes...

ACTION FIGURE UPDATE!
almost time for new York toy fair!
Tons of news will be coming, on top of a couple early sneak peeks of some new transformers in the siege line.
2 huge (literally) characters just announced:
Omega Supreme

Jetfire

These are HUGE! I am stoked for jetfire as he looks like a G1/classics but large enough to fit in Masterpiece scale!

Lots of other stuff has been announced too, but my favorite bit of news right now is...
People are receiving thier shipments of preordered neca teenaged mutant ninja turtles!
How do I know this?
I JUST GOT MINE!!!!!
pics soon as its already late in casa de shinchu and I didnt even know it got delivered until I asked mrs shinchu whats this box by the entryway? Lol
SUPER STOKED to get these! I will take tons of pics outside with them and post here.
Oh and i have been nabbing marvel legends here and there. Since xmas I think I got like 8 of them.

Last bit of news, there are a couple of companies that jave made decent replicas of MP44 prime... ALREADY. albeit without a trailer but hey for a quarter of the cost, I think I'm gonna go for one of them. I have been watching reviews and they really are decent.

Magic Square prime

Transform Elements prime

I will get pics and links in a bit and update this post.
Because posts without pics kinda suck ;)

Last edited by Shinchu; 02-06-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #230
I wanna be Dave

Finally unboxed them!

COWABUNGAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #231

Quote:
Finally unboxed them!

COWABUNGAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
OH EM GEE!

You kinda unboxed them from the shipping box, but what about these boxes?

I'm jealous. I'd love to have a bunch of TMNT stuff, especially Donatello. Where do you guys find the room to put all this stuff?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #232
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
OH EM GEE!

You kinda unboxed them from the shipping box, but what about these boxes?

I'm jealous. I'd love to have a bunch of TMNT stuff, especially Donatello. Where do you guys find the room to put all this stuff?
Yeah especially since we're in tiny expensive Cali boxes.

Hence why I'm going to sell 75% of my robot/lego collection. Damn R/Cs have taken over, but I'll probably have to sell a few too lol.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #233
I wanna be Dave

Yeah jato that's exactly what I meant haha
Unboxed them from the shipping box but not the packaging.
I hope to do that soon but yeah I'm a busy dood with 2 truck builds simultaneously getting close to proline btf deadline 2 kids and a newborn...

Where do I put it all? GREAT QUESTION!!!
I think I posted a pic of this loft area above my master bedroom. Right now its just boxes of stuff in no particular order. I have debated doing a "what's in the box?!" Video where I just go through all of them and maybe leave it to the comments on what I should review from the boxes.

And yes we live in tiny California boxes like 1200 sq/ft at $2billion.
All for the weather?
I would much ratjer live in the midwest with a ton of land a huge detached shop and a basement. But that's a different thread.

I'm STOKED to get these turtles!!! I have wanted 90s movie versions since... Well since the movies came out lol but the playmates versions then sucked. And playmates tried again recently and STILL sucked.

Neca came out with these in quarter scale, I crossed my fingers and prayed to the toy gods to shrink them down and BAM!!! THANK YOU TOY GODS!!!! lol
Old 02-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #234
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Yeah jato that's exactly what I meant haha
Unboxed them from the shipping box but not the packaging.
I hope to do that soon but yeah I'm a busy dood with 2 truck builds simultaneously getting close to proline btf deadline 2 kids and a newborn...

Where do I put it all? GREAT QUESTION!!!
I think I posted a pic of this loft area above my master bedroom. Right now its just boxes of stuff in no particular order. I have debated doing a "what's in the box?!" Video where I just go through all of them and maybe leave it to the comments on what I should review from the boxes.

And yes we live in tiny California boxes like 1200 sq/ft at $2billion.
All for the weather?
I would much ratjer live in the midwest with a ton of land a huge detached shop and a basement. But that's a different thread.

I'm STOKED to get these turtles!!! I have wanted 90s movie versions since... Well since the movies came out lol but the playmates versions then sucked. And playmates tried again recently and STILL sucked.

Neca came out with these in quarter scale, I crossed my fingers and prayed to the toy gods to shrink them down and BAM!!! THANK YOU TOY GODS!!!! lol
I feel you on both the plight of being a collector living in Cali....and the love for those sick TMNT figures. I was(still am really) a huge fan of those movies, they looked so awesome! These figures look like the actual suits were shrunk down.

Most of my LEGO collection is in giant plastic tubs hiding in the closet. And I see pictures of people’s basements & it makes me jealous. I have two 6x3 ft tables crammed into a room with my city on it. But I can’t expand from that...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #235
I wanna be Dave

from earlier in this thread... this is all the room i have. eventually i plan on putting in some cabinets with integrated display shelves. eventually.

Quote:
i have this weird... loft? thing... in my master bedroom. i was using it to store all of my nerdy stuff to make room in the garage and to get it out of the heat.
got carpet upstairs and removed the wood flooring. decided i could use the wood flooring as a floor on the loft area.

now i might actually DISPLAY whats in all these boxes up here on the loft.

told you... i have BOXES of stuff. mostly star wars, marvel, GI Joe and a few transformers. and yes that's the 2008 BMF (2.5 ft) millennium falcon.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #236
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
from earlier in this thread... this is all the room i have. eventually i plan on putting in some cabinets with integrated display shelves. eventually.
If I had something like that, I'd be ecstatic. My wife... not so much.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #237
I wanna be Dave

yeah she is like "uh can we put like a curtain or something?" lol
problem is that AC vent or i would just drywall the whole thing and make it a really nerdy hideout.
oh and i need to build a nice looking "permanent" ladder that would be right behind the open bedroom door. i want rails too. but again, my wife says "just don't fall over you pansy" lolol

half of this stuff in those boxes needs to be sold. its a pretty random collection including some older Halo figures and a ton of 3.75" marvel, star wars and gi joes (including vehicles). i pretty much only collect 6 inch scale now. i might keep just enough star wars to populate the falcon (and 2 x wings and 2 tie fighters) for any given scene. but the prequel figures... yeah. buh-bye.

i could update the pic as i found my display bookshelf and put it up there. nothing fancy but i'll post it later for the sake of this thread.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #238
RCC Addict

???

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #239
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
???

That's actually pretty cool! I don't collect anymore, but I may have to pick one up.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #240
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
That's actually pretty cool! I don't collect anymore, but I may have to pick one up.
This one.....i think you'll get too.....LOL

Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Post your other Toy Collections - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All CAPO Racing Youtube collections !! rcrun2011 Vendors Market 0 08-20-2015 05:23 PM
Your collections paleblue46 Non Crawler RC's 47 08-13-2013 08:30 PM
Toy crawlers r1 to formula toy Toycrawler5481 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2011 06:49 PM
lets see your lipo collections! STANG KILLA SS Electronics 26 04-30-2011 06:56 PM
Total collections of RC's kailuaboy Chit Chat 1 01-29-2007 06:35 PM