Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What did you do today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2023, 12:39 AM   #281
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What did you do today?

I wish I could say hanging out in the basement building trucks. Instead just working all day and night. But got to work up the canyon today. Next time I've got to ask if I can drive the snow cat machines lol. Never hurts to ask.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2023, 04:55 AM   #282
Quarry Creeper

It's summer here in Western Australia. Went snorkelling at the Omeo Shipwreck at a local beach.

Last edited by HyperMark; 12-29-2023 at 07:03 PM.
HyperMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 06:29 AM   #283
Rock Crawler

The wife and I are having the family Christmas get together at our house tomorrow so I have a bit of preparation for that to do today but first I'm starting the day browsing rccrawler over breakfast and a good cup of coffee.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 05:25 PM   #284
RCC Addict

Well fellas, i took a buddy of mine out on his first trail run. N hes hooked lol. Made him a deal on a rig, so ive gotta get buildin. He had a blast, unfortunantly, the truck i setup for him lost a wheel. We didnt get 5 min down the trail, pullin some lines n the truck rolled, slid 6ft, rolled onto all 4 wheels. When he went to drive off, the wheel came off. Broke the axle shaft at the hex pin. So i let him drive my go-to rig. We're goina go this weekend before it rains

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 12:53 PM   #285
Go Buckeyes!

Well, yesterday I clocked out of my current/previous job for the very last time. I spent the last 25 years there doing a job that I once liked, but here in the last year or so my attitude had changed.

The former owner of the company sold the business about 5 years ago. It was a family owned company for nearly 50 years which consisted of 5 different divisions in separate locations. He only sold off the plant that I was at, but kept the others in business. The first buyer 5 years ago was based in Germany and they had kept mostly everything the same and life there was good. About 3 years ago another company based here in the States bought us out and came right in making sweeping to changes to everything that was once good. We went from family owned to corporate owned.

Enough was enough and I contacted my the previous owner to see if he had any positions available in one of his other plants. Long story short, he said yes, did a few walk throughs and set up a start date.

I start Jan. 2 at my new job. Kinda scary, but I think it'll be for the best. Over the past few years, many of my co-workers had made the move over to the former owners plant and for my It'll be like going back home since I will know many of my future co-workers.

Happy New Year to all and have a fun and safe New Years Eve!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 01:00 PM   #286
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Well, yesterday I clocked out of my current/previous job for the very last time. I spent the last 25 years there doing a job that I once liked, but here in the last year or so my attitude had changed.

The former owner of the company sold the business about 5 years ago. It was a family owned company for nearly 50 years which consisted of 5 different divisions in separate locations. He only sold off the plant that I was at, but kept the others in business. The first buyer 5 years ago was based in Germany and they had kept mostly everything the same and life there was good. About 3 years ago another company based here in the States bought us out and came right in making sweeping to changes to everything that was once good. We went from family owned to corporate owned.

Enough was enough and I contacted my the previous owner to see if he had any positions available in one of his other plants. Long story short, he said yes, did a few walk throughs and set up a start date.

I start Jan. 2 at my new job. Kinda scary, but I think it'll be for the best. Over the past few years, many of my co-workers had made the move over to the former owners plant and for my It'll be like going back home since I will know many of my future co-workers.

I've been through that same scenario once myself. It's sad to see a once great company destroyed by corporate greed. Change is scary for sure but it sounds like you made a good choice. Wishing you good luck and much happiness in your new job!!

Old 12-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #287
RCC Addict

Quote:

Hate to hear that happen brian. But atleast youre able to go 'home' n be happy at work again. If it doesnt feel like home n u cant have a lil fun, while bein safe doin so!, then the job really isnt worth it.

My boss can be a royal pain, but in the end, hes always there if any of us need anything. We all get along, have fun n prank each other, but still get our work done. The boss treats me like his own kid, granted, they dont have any kids of their own.

Anywho, congrats on startin a new job, with old friends!

Old 12-31-2023, 12:38 PM   #288
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
I've been through that same scenario once myself. It's sad to see a once great company destroyed by corporate greed. Change is scary for sure but it sounds like you made a good choice. Wishing you good luck and much happiness in your new job!!

Thanks Jim. I've learned my lesson with corporate. We as employees went from having a name to just being a number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Hate to hear that happen brian. But atleast youre able to go 'home' n be happy at work again. If it doesnt feel like home n u cant have a lil fun, while bein safe doin so!, then the job really isnt worth it.

My boss can be a royal pain, but in the end, hes always there if any of us need anything. We all get along, have fun n prank each other, but still get our work done. The boss treats me like his own kid, granted, they dont have any kids of their own.

Anywho, congrats on startin a new job, with old friends!

Thanks bama. No doubt! If it's not fun and doesn't feel like home, then why do it! Hell, I spend more time at work than I do at home! I'm sure like most of us.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:48 PM   #289
RCC Addict

I have an Amazon special computer desk that I use for working on Rc stuff, working on the 3d printers and using fusion360 as well as light computer gaming.

Now I am slowly gathering parts and assembling my first custom desktop computer. Which will be able to do more gaming plus easily handle multi tasking. Which is causing me to have to reorganize my desk, as tower and monitor stand will need to find its way on the desk.

Well today I finally figured out the first part of the storage issue as well as where to run the power cables for the monitors, tower and desk light. Now the p1s is going to be busy for a wile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 06:57 PM   #290
Go Buckeyes!

Today I got relief! For the past day or so, I've had trouble logging in to RCC. I had a nightmare vision that RCC's days had come to an end.

Today RCC lives!
Old 01-17-2024, 07:23 PM   #291
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Today I got relief! For the past day or so, I've had trouble logging in to RCC. I had a nightmare vision that RCC's days had come to an end.

Today RCC lives!
I've had the same problem....and the exact same concern!!

Old 01-22-2024, 08:27 AM   #292

Last night my girlfriend's son had his first fencing class. I am not talking about installing chain-link or wooden borders around your property, but instead "en garde" and "ohh lay" with a sword and a mask. I thought fencing looked awesome when I was a kid so I decided to give it a shot as well.

The kid has been taking Krav Maga karate for 2 or 3 years and he is really good at it, but he's way undersized (most likely genes from his 5'2" mom and 5'1" dad) compared to the other kids in his class on his belt level so he hates sparring. I get it. I was a tiny child as well. I only grew into my competitiveness and aggressiveness in my 20's and that is when fear went out the window. I hope he gets his confidence/competitiveness/fearlessness sooner rather than later, but that may never happen for him and I have to accept that.

The first fencing class was a lot of talking about history of fencing and technique, but we did get into some advance/retreat movement battles at the end so it was fun. I got to do this with my girlfriend's son and it was a good moment. Unfortunately, my old, transplanted heart was not quite up to the task so I sadly have to bow out for next week. I can kind of do it and I think competition would be easier for me than practice because there are more breaks in between, but I do not want to hold the rest of the class back. But it got me out of my comfort zone and was a good experience.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 09:45 AM   #293
Rock Stacker

Yesterday actually...
I learned that the monster tires on my SCX-24 that work so well on real rocks and dirt absolutely suck on a paint and spray foam indoor comp course.
First timer for a comp, had a blast even if I couldn't hang with the (little) big dogs!
Now I might have to go buy more rigs - too much downtime if you only run 1 class!!
RudyF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 07:13 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Well fellas, i took a buddy of mine out on his first trail run. N hes hooked lol. Made him a deal on a rig, so ive gotta get buildin. He had a blast, unfortunantly, the truck i setup for him lost a wheel. We didnt get 5 min down the trail, pullin some lines n the truck rolled, slid 6ft, rolled onto all 4 wheels. When he went to drive off, the wheel came off. Broke the axle shaft at the hex pin. So i let him drive my go-to rig. We're goina go this weekend before it rains
That's awesome you could get a friend into it! I have more fun trailing with a couple of people and talking and seeing how my rigs perform compared to theirs.

You really baptized him quick on the break and repair part of the hobby!
Old 01-25-2024, 04:46 PM   #295
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's awesome you could get a friend into it! I have more fun trailing with a couple of people and talking and seeing how my rigs perform compared to theirs.

You really baptized him quick on the break and repair part of the hobby!
It so much better with friends. I push my rigs to their limits quite often. I met alot of new friends at scale nats a couple yrs ago. We get together atleast once a month. We push each other on lines. Im slowly gettin one of them out of his comfort zone n hes startin to push his rigs a bit more. Fingers crossed, it quits rainin by fri evenin, so itll dry out a bit on sat. We have a comp on sunday.

Yeah, gotta break them in right lol. The bad thing about it, i was easy on that rig. It tumbled once or twice, but not very far. So when it sheared the axle shaft, i was quite suprised

Old 01-25-2024, 06:14 PM   #296
Rock Crawler

We're a little slow at work right now so today I took the time to teach myself how to design tiny truck parts on our cad software at work.

Front bumper.

Rear chassis brace with tow shackle mount holes. If we're still slow when I get back on afternoons in a couple weeks I'll be machining up these pieces for my Cherokee.

Last edited by JimK; 01-25-2024 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:10 PM   #297
Quarry Creeper

Went out yesturday and tried out my new Gopro 10.
Point Peron, Western Australia.
https://www.facebook.com/10001330597...75590299148010
HyperMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:41 PM   #298
RCC Addict

My dad found a 5.0 engine and trans earlier this week so him and I went to go check it out today. Will be picking it up in about 2 weeks so the guy can take it out if the car it’s currently in.

Engine and trans will eventually find its way into my 87 fox body that’s currently a 2.3 na

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:26 PM   #299
Quarry Creeper

This evening I helped 1 of my daughters put up curtains and build a cabinet. She bought 2 corn snakes today while I was out on the trail. I bent a 10.2 rear axle shaft. All the rain has washed out a lot of our trails. Tomorrow I take my neighbor to the Dr. for his colonoscopy.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:05 AM   #300

My girlfriend and I celebrated our one-year anniversary a couple of weeks late. We went to a murder-mystery event at a winery and then to dinner at a fairly local-to-my-house restaurant.

I am more interested in football this year and it was good to see the 49ers win. Hoping they knock off the Chiefs in the Bowl, but doubtful that is going to be anywhere near happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
We're a little slow at work right now so today I took the time to teach myself how to design tiny truck parts on our cad software at work.
Yes!!! 3D modeling is fun. Great skill to learn as well. Congrats! What software is that that you're using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMark View Post
Went out yesturday and tried out my new Gopro 10.
Point Peron, Western Australia.
Beautiful video. Very cool. Not cool that you are rubbing in the fact that it is summer over there while we are stuck in winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
My dad found a 5.0 engine and trans earlier this week so him and I went to go check it out today. Will be picking it up in about 2 weeks so the guy can take it out if the car it’s currently in.

Engine and trans will eventually find its way into my 87 fox body that’s currently a 2.3 na
I guess I know where your username came from...

Tags
events, fun, life, today, weekend

What did you do today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today!!! hotrodsoup Axial Wraith 0 09-15-2011 03:52 AM
today foolish 1 Arizona 0 08-13-2011 12:42 PM
look at what I got today rockerrc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 07-28-2010 07:57 PM
Got my CC today FlexdXJ Duratrax Cliff Climber 0 07-01-2009 08:20 PM
Look what came today! 4u2nv Tires and Wheels 15 12-06-2007 12:21 PM