Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What did you do today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2023, 12:21 PM   #241
RCC Addict

Default Re: What did you do today?

B-MOW71- Gotta ask... Is that deep fried cod? Looks delicious and that vacation looks like a great time. Reminds me of summer vacations in Maryland and South Carolina as a kid.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2023, 07:07 PM   #242
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
B-MOW71- Gotta ask... Is that deep fried cod? Looks delicious and that vacation looks like a great time. Reminds me of summer vacations in Maryland and South Carolina as a kid.
The menu said that it is Rockfish which I am assuming is the Atlantic striped bass also called Rockfish. All I can say is that it was delicious! Melted in my mouth! It is the first time eating that type of fish. The Google description says that it "has a mild, slightly sweet flavor making it a clean-tasting fish". I agree that that is exactly what it tasted like. One of the best tasting fish that I've had. The other fish that I've had and loved is the Grouper. When we were in Myrtle Beach, SC back in 2016, we went to the Crab Catchers restaurant that was right on the Intercoastal Waterway in just north of Myrtle Beach and they served fresh-out-of-the-ocean seafood. The Grouper is still my favorite fresh catch fish that I've ever had. The Rockfish is a close second!

This is our 2nd trip to the Outer Banks in 3 years. It is now my favorite beach to visit. It is not overpopulated like other beaches on the east coast and is not commercialized like Myrtle Beach is. The beaches are clean and there is plenty of room to setup your own spot without being crowed out. Looking forward to the next trip!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:05 PM   #243
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
The menu said that it is Rockfish which I am assuming is the Atlantic striped bass also called Rockfish. All I can say is that it was delicious! Melted in my mouth! It is the first time eating that type of fish. The Google description says that it "has a mild, slightly sweet flavor making it a clean-tasting fish". I agree that that is exactly what it tasted like. One of the best tasting fish that I've had. The other fish that I've had and loved is the Grouper. When we were in Myrtle Beach, SC back in 2016, we went to the Crab Catchers restaurant that was right on the Intercoastal Waterway in just north of Myrtle Beach and they served fresh-out-of-the-ocean seafood. The Grouper is still my favorite fresh catch fish that I've ever had. The Rockfish is a close second!

This is our 2nd trip to the Outer Banks in 3 years. It is now my favorite beach to visit. It is not overpopulated like other beaches on the east coast and is not commercialized like Myrtle Beach is. The beaches are clean and there is plenty of room to setup your own spot without being crowed out. Looking forward to the next trip!

Never had rockfish nor grouper but yep... I'm sure that was a treat. I could actually smell the aroma thru my screen lol. Gotta try grouper sometime. I love a clean tasting fish... cod, flounder, trout, etc.
Old 06-21-2023, 05:43 PM   #244
RCC Addict

Installed new step tops on 3 sets of steps around the complex I work at. Fun Fun.
Other than that, sat on my arse.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:31 PM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Kicked off the day by installing the first of two reflective spinning bird deterrents (with outside temps hitting almost 120 degrees, can't be working outside did to long a period).

Then, I finally got around to starting the much-needed cleanup on my RC workstation. The 'before' pic doesn't show how truly disastrous it was, as much was hidden under the Rlaarlo AK-917.

And, now, it's time to relax.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:42 PM   #246
Rock Crawler

I really need to do the same for the work station.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:52 PM   #247
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
I really need to do the same for the work station.
Exactly why I posted it. I'm guessing, there are a lot of us with workstations that need some "tidying up". Hoping this might 'entice' those needing to do so...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 07-15-2023, 10:30 PM   #248
RCC Addict

But it only looks like the 'after' picture for like two days max lol. For me, it's usually time to straighten up if there's just no more room and I have tools and parts teetering upon one another or if I'm getting hardware or parts confused regarding which vehicle they go to. Then it's time for a reset.
Old 07-15-2023, 10:46 PM   #249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Then it's time for a reset.
It was DEFINITELY "reset" time.

Old 07-16-2023, 05:36 PM   #250
RCC Addict

Well, i met my oldest daughter in TN yesterday, shes spendin a week with me, so awesome! So today i took her to cheaha state park n done some crawlin, her first time goin. Then we went n got a bite to eat n she wanted to go check out a family place called bigtime entertainment. Definantly a place worth checkin out if yall are ever near oxford alabama!

Theyve got arcade, VR, bowling, mini golf, lazer tag, n go karts. She played the VR n done the ninja warrior thing. Then we raced go karts n then hit the lazer tag. She beat me by 20 pts in lazer tag. The go karts are pretty quick for for indoors. Played some pretty cool video games too. All in all, we had a pretty awesome day!

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:16 AM   #251
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Well, i met my oldest daughter in TN yesterday, shes spendin a week with me, so awesome!

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
That's awesome bama!!

Looks like you two had a great time!

Them carts look cool and that track looks like it would be a blast to race on!
Old 07-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #252
RCC Addict

Thanks brian! Shes wantin to go back before i take her home next weekend. The carts are soooooo much fun! Theyll move too, faster than i expected. When youre cornering, u can feel the steerings fighting back n tires squallin. Id love to rent the whole place for a day, just for all my friends.

Think the next time we have a get together, we're goina have an adult day at bigtime ��
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 06:33 AM   #253
Go Buckeyes!

My trip to the Outer Banks this past June hauling 4 adults and all our gear for a week worth of fun and relaxation left my rear shocks on my Tacoma gasping for air.

Swapped out the original worn out shocks for a set of Bilstein 5100's. Well worth the dollars for the smooth ride I have now.

Name:  IMG_2040.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  176.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2039.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  122.5 KB

Also, cobbled together a cheap and easy jig to weld and silver solder front and rear bumpers together. Adjustable widths with the all thread rod.

Name:  IMG_2049.jpg
Size:  128.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2050.jpg
Size:  129.5 KB
Old 08-01-2023, 09:04 AM   #254
RCC Addict

Quote:
My trip to the Outer Banks this past June hauling 4 adults and all our gear for a week worth of fun and relaxation left my rear shocks on my Tacoma gasping for air.

Swapped out the original worn out shocks for a set of Bilstein 5100's. Well worth the dollars for the smooth ride I have now.

Attachment 403134

Attachment 403135

Also, cobbled together a cheap and easy jig to weld and silver solder front and rear bumpers together. Adjustable widths with the all thread rod.

Attachment 403136

Attachment 403137

Nice upgrade for the taco, definitely improves the ride.

I may steal that bumper jig idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:07 AM   #255
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Nice upgrade for the taco, definitely improves the ride.

I may steal that bumper jig idea

Smooth as silk ride now. Wish I would have changed them sooner!

Steal away! I'm hoping to try the jig out this weekend. I have 3 rigs waiting on me to silver solder front and rear bumpers. We'll see how that goes!
Old 08-02-2023, 08:01 AM   #256
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Smooth as silk ride now. Wish I would have changed them sooner!

Steal away! I'm hoping to try the jig out this weekend. I have 3 rigs waiting on me to silver solder front and rear bumpers. We'll see how that goes!
I am running the same susp-tire combo on my 08. Cooper AT3-Bilstein 5100. Love the tires, but they sure pick up a lot of pebbles
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:16 AM   #257
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I am running the same susp-tire combo on my 08. Cooper AT3-Bilstein 5100. Love the tires, but they sure pick up a lot of pebbles
No doubt! I have a gravel driveway and the Cooper's love to grab the rocks! This is my 3rd set of these tires on 2 different trucks and are my favorites by far.

Loving the smoothness with these shocks. I'm now debating on replacing my front struts with the Bilstein 5100's.

Oh and my '07 is about to hit a milestone. It's about to join the 200,000 high mileage club. 1200 miles away and she still drives like a new truck!
Old 08-15-2023, 06:33 AM   #258
Go Buckeyes!

This past Sunday to be exact. Took the go-fast rigs out for a rip.

Found a brand new building with fresh concrete out by our local airport.

Pulled the Vendetta brushless system out and placed it in the Infraction. Sumbitch it's fast!! On 3S it's lightning fast and a ton of fun. I ran it on 2S after the first battery and enjoyed the ride much better. It fun and drifts great!

First run with the Toyota Tundra body on the Slash 4x4 Ultimate. This too is fun and fast with the stock VXL brushless system.

Name:  IMG_2156.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  176.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2153.jpg
Size:  177.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2149.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  161.4 KB

After 1.5 battery packs thru it and the tires are balding! The Katar tire knobs are completely gone away!
Name:  IMG_2160.jpg
Size:  150.6 KB
Old 08-24-2023, 06:32 AM   #259
Go Buckeyes!

Milestones are set! My Taco just turned 200,000 miles old!

The Tacoma just earned the 200,000 High Mileage Club badge this morning on the way to work. Looking forward to the next 200K!

Name:  IMG_2208.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2209.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  165.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2112.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  180.1 KB
Old 08-24-2023, 06:44 AM   #260
RCC Addict

Quote:
Milestones are set! My Taco just turned 200,000 miles old!

The Tacoma just earned the 200,000 High Mileage Club badge this morning on the way to work. Looking forward to the next 200K!

Attachment 403204

Attachment 403205

Attachment 403206

That’s great! Plenty more miles to go

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
events, fun, life, today, weekend

What did you do today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today!!! hotrodsoup Axial Wraith 0 09-15-2011 03:52 AM
today foolish 1 Arizona 0 08-13-2011 12:42 PM