Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What did you do today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2023, 03:12 PM   #261
RCC Addict

Default Re: What did you do today?

Got quite a bit done in 2 days at work. We started yesterday about 1130, n cut the load bin apart. It finally wore thru after 23 yrs. Got most of the cut edges cleaned up n got out of there about 3 330 ish. Came back in this mornin about 7 n started puttin it back together. Didnt get out of there til 330 today. We arent done weldin, but we got enuf to load trucks monday mornin. So we ended up with 8 hrs o/t, plus $100 bonus

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2023, 09:17 PM   #262
RCC Addict

Im on call 24/7 from this point forward, WEE fun. lol NOT.
Had a service call just after noon, then when I got home, I took a lil time and added some details to my Promoto upgrades I'm getting ready to install.
Treal Skid plates in black with "Frame Rails" added adn Hot Racing Rim Support rings painted Metalic Gold for those must have details.

Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:31 PM   #263
Quarry Creeper

Well this ain't rc relate but, someone banged on my metal screen door at 450 this morning and ran off. None of are doorbell camera wasn't working right so we didn't git to see who it was. I guess it's been happening all over the area I live in but, damnet its annoying.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 09:53 PM   #264
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ck3d0n3 View Post
Well this ain't rc relate but, someone banged on my metal screen door at 450 this morning and ran off. None of are doorbell camera wasn't working right so we didn't git to see who it was. I guess it's been happening all over the area I live in but, damnet its annoying.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

August I heard a really loud couple of 'thuds!' on our front door. I actually had my shoes on and was already fixin to go outside so I did immediately just to see three kids haulin ass down the other side of the street. One of em looked back as they turned the corner next street over. This was probably 11am or so. Told my wife and I swear to you not more than 10-15 mins later... "Boom boom boom!" loud as could be again. This time I was out the door instantly.. same three kids but still in my yard this time running away. I yelled at them that the police were on the way and that I had em on security camera. I mean.. they pounded the HELL outta my door... both times. Cop showed up and took the report but said that it was like a "ding-dong-ditch" kinda thing... bored kids and all that. I dunno.. I understand... I was a kid once. But man.. good way to get shot here in TX... especially if they hit an unlocked door and wind up inside the residence.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:32 PM   #265
RCC Addict

Worked.

Then Blew a crapload of leaves around the yard.
Then ate some dindin. Then Watched some boobtube and re-balanced the front wheel on my Maico MEGA2 ProMoto MX 490.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 09:01 AM   #266
Go Buckeyes!

I've been working on installing a pellet stove the past couple weeks. Not just plug and play like I thought it would be!

As they say, every problem breeds more problems! This was no exception!

To start, my nephew bought a new pellet stove and he offered us his old one. It's a 2013 King pellet stove in really good condition. I ordered a 3" pipe kit and fresh air kit. Also picked up some PVC pipe to install inside for the fresh air. I bought some pavers to stack up and use as "risers" to put underneath the legs to help with the access to the cleanout on the backside. And also had to buy a new piece of glass for the door. At some point in its life the glass had gotten cracked. That was an easy fix. The glass has 4 screws and plates that hold it in.

First obstacle was to drill thru the outside brick to add the thimble. Not easy, but got er done! Spent the next day hooking the stove up. All done, plug it in and found out that the auger motor was bad. Jumped on the Amazon to order a new one. The next weekend, yesterday, installed the auger motor made some final inspections and then fired it up.

Relief, the pellets dropped into their basket and then they ignited! After a long frustrating process, it is up and running. Test run last night and overnight and it did great! Hoping this drastically cuts down on our electric bill this winter.

I still need to hook up the thermostat wire and I plan on covering or painting the fresh air pipe so that it don't look so bad.

Name:  IMG_2899.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  137.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2887.jpg
Size:  173.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2891.jpg
Size:  176.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2992.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  145.2 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 07:43 PM   #267
I wanna be Dave

Not sure where to post this...

I don't do any social media other than this site and SBG (where I haven't ever really posted yet) but somehow this happened!

SO...

On Monday, while I was on break from my job, I saw I had missed a phone call that had gone to voicemail.

The transcript said that someone from RC4WD was trying to reach me (???)

I have bought a fair amount of stuff directly from them in the past, but not recently as I'm trying to reign in my spending.

I did buy a C2X and they reached out to me a while back and asked if I still owned it - when I confirmed that I did, they sent me a free aluminum Panhard link upgrade as it seemed that the stock plastic ones were prone to breaking.

(which was very cool of them!)

Anyways...

I decide to call them and find out why on earth they might be reaching back out and they asked if I did Instagram, FaceBook, etc, and I said I only did rccrawler.com.

They said that they held a Veterans Day giveaway in conjunction with Operation 11 Charlie (a really cool non-profit that helps Vets start RC Crawling), and they drew names from a pool of people that had used Veterans discounts at their site in the past few years...

Well, THAT definitely included me, because any discount is a good discount, especially on these expensive toys that we all play with!

So, yeah, that's me, mentioned in that post - looks like my first appearance on FaceBook happened without me even having an account...

It's a custom 1/18 RC4WD x Operation 11 "Scout" Black Rock done up all military-like.

I'm STOKED! I've never won anything before!

I was on vacation in Colorado from the 3rd through the 11th, which covered my 59th B-day as well as Veterans Day, and to come back home and find out about this just really surprised the heck outta me.

(and I'm supposed to get it TOMORROW already!)

(yay!)
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 07:51 PM   #268
Rock Crawler

^ That's awesome! Disregard me not being a fan of the smaller scale stuff but definitely a fan of anyone winning anything, and especially a fan of O11C and what they do.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:14 PM   #269
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I will confess to not being really into smaller than 1/10th - though I did buy a FCX24 Power Wagon from Amazon when they were released because they were so cheap - it still cracks me up how fast it is in 2nd gear!

This will likely be driven once to get some realistic dust and wear on the tires, then placed to the left of my monitor on my desk to look at while I work.

Although who knows?

Maybe it will surprise me!
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:52 PM   #270
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Yeah, I will confess to not being really into smaller than 1/10th - though I did buy a FCX24 Power Wagon from Amazon when they were released because they were so cheap - it still cracks me up how fast it is in 2nd gear!

This will likely be driven once to get some realistic dust and wear on the tires, then placed to the left of my monitor on my desk to look at while I work.

Although who knows?

Maybe it will surprise me!

Very cool you won! Sounds to me like it’s going to the perfect home.

Also, thanks for your service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:58 PM   #271
I wanna be Dave

Guess you could say, it's not so much what I "did" today, but more of what I'm currently "doing" today...and what I'm doing every night through Saturday/Sunday night - driving for the Formula 1 Las Vegas Gran Prix. Tonight, driving people going to watch tonight's practice...and, for the next 3 nights, I'll be driving the track marshals.
EDIT: Last night was a definite "$h!t show". As I'm sure many have heard (at least, those of you posting attention to F1 news), one of the drivers 'hit' a manhole cover less than 10 minutes into last night's first practice session. News outlets reported that, in regards to the scheduled second practice (which should have started at midnight, and didn't actually begin until 2:30am), "fans were asked to leave, due to security shift change", which is a LIE.

According to those I spoke with who were passing by our buses, the TRUTH is that, they started leaving because they got sick & tired of waiting, as track officials kept informing them that the session start would be delayed, then delayed again, and again. I suspect we'll soon start hearing about fans demanding refunds. And, to think, the residents of this town have to put up with this $h!t show for 9 more years.

At least I got to drive 2 laps around the track last night, and I'll be doing the same tonight, and tomorrow night.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 11-17-2023 at 10:43 AM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:09 AM   #272

Good to see this thread still going 4 years later after starting it! That's especially true given the lack of traffic on this and most other forums these days.

After a couple of crappy years with life and not touching RC, yesterday I ordered a Vanquish VS4-10 Pro kit in black. I wanted clear, but the kit has been discontinued, which I confirmed with Vanquish, and I am not going to pay scalper/gouger prices for clear. So I ordered the black kit with the plans to order clear axle housings. Just not sure which ones I want yet.

Today we got snow for the first time this year in PA and it was way more than the flurries that the "genius" meteorologists precited. I encountered an accident after a blind hill that was full of ice. Thankfully I was able to avoid it with my new truckster.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:15 AM   #273
I wanna be Dave

today I read a post from a ghost lol
welcome back jato
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:04 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
today I read a post from a ghost lol
welcome back jato

Thank you!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 05:39 PM   #275
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Good to see this thread still going 4 years later after starting it! That's especially true given the lack of traffic on this and most other forums these days.

After a couple of crappy years with life and not touching RC, yesterday I ordered a Vanquish VS4-10 Pro kit in black. I wanted clear, but the kit has been discontinued, which I confirmed with Vanquish, and I am not going to pay scalper/gouger prices for clear. So I ordered the black kit with the plans to order clear axle housings. Just not sure which ones I want yet.

Today we got snow for the first time this year in PA and it was way more than the flurries that the "genius" meteorologists precited. I encountered an accident after a blind hill that was full of ice. Thankfully I was able to avoid it with my new truckster.
What I did today was saw this yesterday:

Name:  Jato VRD.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  63.5 KB

That caught me off guard and made me smile!

Welcome back Jato! Glad your back and can't wait to see another JTR build!

Looking forward to seeing your new PRO come together.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:24 PM   #276
RCC Addict

We backed down into a jobsite we NEVER should have lol. They had to pull us out when we got empty. Sometimes i hate my job

tight turn
https://youtube.com/watch?v=c1zvxMTW...mhc2EWuS9U_S5K

Old 11-30-2023, 12:09 PM   #277
Rock Crawler

Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 08:21 AM   #278
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
We backed down into a jobsite we NEVER should have lol. They had to pull us out when we got empty. Sometimes i hate my job
That's pretty steep.

Nice truck, man!
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:45 PM   #279
Quarry Creeper

Just hung out with 1 of my daughters today.
I always tell them it's the little things that mean the most.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 04:48 PM   #280
RCC Addict

Today was a great day out on the rocks. Sunny, blue skies, very light wind, n 60s. Joe, from exocaged rc, had a get together crawl day at CRV here in bama. It was a great turnout, had to be atleast 100 people show up. Some familiar faces n some new ones as well.

It was great to sit n talk to joe, hes an awesome guy! Runs some trails n pulled some lines with him. He said he plans to donit again next yr, n hopefully have some sponsors to join him.

Heres a pic of his VP VRD kit with PL cliffhanger body. I didnt get a pic of his scx10 pro, but i did get a few of his scx6x6. That thing is a beast! Ill have a vid up on my channel of it here in a bit. N heres a few pics of some of us on the trail

Tags
events, fun, life, today, weekend

What did you do today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today!!! hotrodsoup Axial Wraith 0 09-15-2011 03:52 AM
today foolish 1 Arizona 0 08-13-2011 12:42 PM
look at what I got today rockerrc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 07-28-2010 07:57 PM
Got my CC today FlexdXJ Duratrax Cliff Climber 0 07-01-2009 08:20 PM
Look what came today! 4u2nv Tires and Wheels 15 12-06-2007 12:21 PM