Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: FEDEX is CRAP!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #21

Default Re: FEDEX is CRAP!!!

This is why I need to get a front door camera! I luckily haven’t had any issues where I am now, but I have been screwed before by them when I lived in Phoenix.
Jlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2020, 07:07 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Agreed FedEx sucks. But is UPS any better? They lost a $700 120lb winch I ordered earlier this month. How the F do you loose a winch that large?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:10 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Agreed FedEx sucks. But is UPS any better? They lost a $700 120lb winch I ordered earlier this month. How the F do you loose a winch that large?
Where there's a will, there's a way?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:13 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Our UPS driver is great. He is an older fella and goes out of his way to deliver our packages safely.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i have never had issue with Fedex, UPS or ontrac here. They are always friendly and respectful.

USPS has screwed up a few things. I ordered a set of powerstroke XT’s and when I recieved them it looked like someone had taken an angle grinder to them. Literally half the shocks were gone. They put a little note in saying, “oops, sorry to inconvenience you”
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post

I didn't get lost, someone in the warehouse found a hole in their security and tracking system.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:08 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

It all boils down to the person delivering. They just want to get a pay check no matter how. They don't have any pride in their work or any work ethic.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:56 AM   #28
Go Buckeyes!

I cringe every time I place an order and the order confirmation comes back as shipped by Fed-Ex. I have not had very good luck with them.

On the other hand, UPS has treated my very well. I've got a great driver that is always in a good mood and is never late delivering my packages. I usually meet him in my driveway to receive my packages, but if I'm not home, he makes sure to leave them in a safe spot and to make sure they are bagged up if it is raining.

I do think it comes down to the driver though.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Man, reading all of these makes me think I must be in the Fedex sweet spot. I’ve had deliveries from them a handful of times a year for quite some time. I’ve yet to have a problem. *knocks on wood* Not to brag or anything...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Man, reading all of these makes me think I must be in the Fedex sweet spot. I’ve had deliveries from them a handful of times a year for quite some time. I’ve yet to have a problem. *knocks on wood* Not to brag or anything...
Same for me for the most part. And I think that where you happen to live has a lot to do with it also. The same supposedly shitty company may have some horrible drivers in one city but some great drivers in another city. Whether UPS, USPS, or FedX... I've received a lot of pkg's over the years and I feel that there's more involved than just writing off a company as overall shitty. It's drivers as well as what happens at the hubs... and even the type/ size/ weight of the pkg's and how that pkg was prepared... how it was pkg'd, what packing material was used, and the package material itself. If I receive an item that's heavy and poorly packaged in a wimpy box, I can just about guarantee that the box is going to be beat up. The better the packing, the box material, and the proportionally of it all... the better condition it's going to be in upon arrival.

I also feel that in regards to the drivers, that it's also a crap shoot. To me what defines a company is how they deal with complaints and that takes the understanding of customers that not every complaint is going to result in a fresh new driver replacing that shitty driver that ( according to the unhappy customer) didn't do things the right way. Absolutely some mistakes and especially intentionally malicious acts deserve to be treated as such and certainly that employee needs to be on the fast track to disciplinary action or being fired. But that's not every situation and every situation isn't going to magically bring the resolve that customers feel they're owed. For all the packages I've received over the years, even with a few awful accounts, overall I feel that I've had good luck with all three.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Fed ex eh?

Those f#cking sh#tstains left a 6,000$ dollar amp on my doorstep..in a not great neighbourhood, signed a fake name as the receiver. Lying sacks of crap.
Thank god it was still there after sitting for 5 hours.

I imagine they are all about the same.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

A lot has to come down to upper management of a particular location. My FedEx has always been spot on. Packages are not dirty or beat up. Drivers are either courteous or clinical with the drop offs. My route is always in the AM. I actually got one disgruntled driver a job in the oilfield and he came by after he had made a hitch and shook my hand as he thanked me. He’ll probably bring my next delivery the way things are going. Maybe he can reciprocate me a job. LOL.

UPS is equally good. But the packages are always dented and/or filthy. So much that you have to wash your hands afterwards. UPS is PM to dark drop offs. Used to have an older black woman that was awesome. Loved to shoot the bull and during the summer would have several boxes of vegetables that country suitors her age would give her. She’d donate them to me since I was towards the end of her route.

USPS has been the best of both above. Noon at the latest. I offered several rolls of TP the last drop and she laughed saying she was good. FedEx had brought me a case of the cheap stuff since the stores were barren and it’s all we could find online.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote

FEDEX is CRAP!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why is FedEx still in business? lowslowTJ Chit Chat 26 08-20-2010 12:52 PM
FedEx at live.com JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 17 09-05-2008 11:07 AM