Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Do you feel like a dork when you R/C?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Do you feel like a dork when you R/C?

I myself am 28yrs old and a bigtime Unix and R/C geek. However, when I am out running my trucks I just kinda feel.. geeky in a bad way. I used to not care, but somehow all the sudden I do and that annoys me. I want to just go outside and play and not feel like like the special guy on the block. I was just wondering if anyone else out there felt this way or has in the past?

I will alway do R/C regardless if anyone things I am dork or not. It is what I enjoy and that will never change.
cheesefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

In, thanks for the chance.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:04 PM   #3

OH YEAH! All the time. I especially feel like a dork standing out there with a snowplow hooked to the front of my truck But i still do it
samson_simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Try using baby wipes on your cheesefarts.

Last edited by Cheatin; 12-18-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

sometimes i do...*shrug*
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
Powered by Awesome

your a dork till your rig is friggin cool!!!!
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yes, I'm sure playing with toy cars as a grown man can look dorky from a distance. As long as you are confident that your rig will amaze people upon closer inspection, don't worry about it. If you're not confident in your rig, keep working on it. My brother gave me a hard time a while back when he came to visit... until he drove one of my trucks, and then decided he wanted one himself.
Besides, I do what I enjoy, not what I think other people would think is cool. :-P
OlYelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Women are more attracted to me now,since I've got into the crawling sence.I'm the only one in my club that is old enough to buy smokes and drive by myself.One time I was wearing my USRCCA shirt and a girl stopped me. She asked if I was a member of RCC.com.I said "Heck yeah!" and she gave me a high five.I love RC's!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #9
06 Super National Champ

I get paid to feel like a dork which, oddly enough, reminds me that it's my job to be a dork and play with RCs.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #10
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yeah.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
I get paid to feel like a dork which, oddly enough, reminds me that it's my job to be a dork and play with RCs.

Hey Jason. It is Don. Good to hear from you again
cheesefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

just play with it in the back yard.
Mello_Yello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Women are more attracted to me now,since I've got into the crawling sence.I'm the only one in my club that is old enough to buy smokes and drive by myself.One time I was wearing my USRCCA shirt and a girl stopped me. She asked if I was a member of RCC.com.I said "Heck yeah!" and she gave me a high five.I love RC's!

I can see that being sig'd
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I work on these "toys" 7 days a week, then come home to work on my own rigs. The way I see it, I am getting paid to play. I am a micro mechanic !

No one will ever call me a dork to my face for playing with R/C cars. My picture is in the dictionary next to "Road Rage"

My neighbors love my cars and are always asking what I am working on this week! They even helped building my track next to my house!
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #15
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
I've had a few R/C groupies come after me. I show all the wimmenz the copies of magazines I'm in and my Inside R/C DVD.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Lucky SOB!
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I stared racing and having real R/C's (first one was a tyco) when I was about 11. Now I'm almost 32 and after 20 plus years of racing I'm one of the "old guys" at the tracks to the kids just starting. There at the races or comps to the kids we are "cool" but to the rest of the world we are "dorks" cause we play with "toys". Well I never seen a kids toy that can do 60mph on a race track shifting gears and costs a lot of cash. My wife was all for it and used to go to all the races with me until one time she was just standing next to the track at a local offroad course and someone crashed his 1/8 buggy. Well she didn't flip it over cause she was just watching and he yell at her from the driver's stand.."stupid Bit@h" get my car. And then later that day watched this guy rip his poor girlfriend apart for losing him the race during the pit stop when she was fueling his buggy. At that point my wife didn't understand how a "grown man" could get soo pissed off at a "toy".. To me I do what I do and i someone has sh(t to say about it so be it. I can kick ther behinds anyway. Geek on.
damion289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

My family thinks its geeky..... my friends do to, my boss at my full time gig doenst get it and neither do any of the chicks I encounter. I dont have the money for a full scale, I cant run a full scale in my back yard and I find
"its cheaper than drugs and safer than hookers" or
"its cheaper than hookers and safer than drugs"

Yes I'm 28, my spare time and $ go into this hobby, but I cant wrench on something else as as involved (parts or time) in front of my tv either so for now it fits me.
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion289 View Post
I stared racing and having real R/C's (first one was a tyco) when I was about 11. Now I'm almost 32 and after 20 plus years of racing I'm one of the "old guys" at the tracks to the kids just starting. There at the races or comps to the kids we are "cool" but to the rest of the world we are "dorks" cause we play with "toys". Well I never seen a kids toy that can do 60mph on a race track shifting gears and costs a lot of cash. My wife was all for it and used to go to all the races with me until one time she was just standing next to the track at a local offroad course and someone crashed his 1/8 buggy. Well she didn't flip it over cause she was just watching and he yell at her from the driver's stand.."stupid Bit@h" get my car. And then later that day watched this guy rip his poor girlfriend apart for losing him the race during the pit stop when she was fueling his buggy. At that point my wife didn't understand how a "grown man" could get soo pissed off at a "toy".. To me I do what I do and i someone has sh(t to say about it so be it. I can kick ther behinds anyway. Geek on.
That dude would be eating soup for 8 weeks if that happened around me.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #20
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
RIGHT ON!
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote