Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Grand Junction area Summer Schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Grand Junction area Summer Schedule

It is almost time to start again. Steve has put together our Summer Schedule for this season, and he has put a lot of time and effort into this year’s events, sponsors, and making sure the BLM is happy with permits and insurance. So I hope we all get a chance to thank him for the time has put into it.

First off, here is the web sight that will have all the times and locations of the comps.
http://gvcc.home.bresnan.net/index.html

Please look on there for updates and changes to times and / or locations. Because you know, there is usually one or two when dealing with Mother Nature. I will also try and get any changes posted here on this thread as I can.

The format is going to be same as last year. We are having 8 comps and will be dropping the lowest 3 scores.

The comp crawlers will be on the First Sunday of the month with the Scalars being on the Third Sunday of the month. The only exception is if we are going to be out of town, then the Scalars and Comp rigs will be on the same day. That way we are not driving a long distance twice that month. If there is interest, we will add a GTG day on that month.

The Comp crawlers will have 3 or 4 classes depending on the amount of interest.
2.2 Comp - Super Comp - 2.2 Sportsman - and maybe a 1.9 Comp.

The Scalars will have 2 classes for now. 2.2 and 1.9.

The fees are set up like last year only now we have the ability to make it easier and cheaper for people that don’t plan on making all the comps.

As most of you know, the BLM has stepped in and are requiring us to have insurance and pay the BLM fees for being on there / our property.

Most of us have also agreed that we liked the BBQ and Raffle Giveaway and the end of the year, so are going to keep it, and this could easily be bigger than last year.

So here are the Fees:
Entry fee per class ran - $5
BLM fee per day per person - $5
Insurance for the whole year - $20
Insurance for just the day - $5

We are currently working some thing out for a family rate on the insurance so it won’t be a ton of money for a family to come out and play. I will update this when it is finalized.

We are sorry for the little bit of extra cost, but are just too big for the BLM to ignore us. So this is what it has to be. If there were a way around it, we would do it. But this keeps the BLM happy and lets us use all this great land we have here around us.

Last edited by 70duncan; 02-24-2010 at 08:35 AM.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default GVCC first comp of the year.

Our first comp is at the Bridgeport Barrow Pits.

March 7th at noon.

Leave Grand Junction on Hwy 50 East towards Delta.
Once you get to the Intersection of 32 Rd and Hwy 50, it is 13.5 until you reach Bridgeport Rd.
Turn right on Bridgeport Rd. and follow about 3.5 miles. We will be at the Bridgeport Barrow Pits.

Here is a map to get you there.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...7&ie=UTF8&z=12

Start time is at noon.

We will be having a members meeting that morning, so those of you that put up the money up front to help get all the permits and insurance please show up a little early.

Last edited by 70duncan; 03-03-2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: New Location
Old 02-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #3

I cant wait. But do you have to pay 5 dollars for anyone you bring too who isnt comping? Thanks!
rockhound322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Becky and I will try to make a couple of your comps. I love the Grand Junction area and wish I could live there. I just need to find a place to stay the night cheap.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhound322 View Post
I cant wait. But do you have to pay 5 dollars for anyone you bring too who isnt comping? Thanks!
No only people competing have to pay. If you bring someone along to watch it will cost them nothing.
MystRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I cant wait. But do you have to pay 5 dollars for anyone you bring too who isn't comping? Thanks!
No, the $5 is for the competitor. The BLM is charging us $5 for each person competing in the event. If a person is not competing then their is no fee, as there shouldn't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
Becky and I will try to make a couple of your comps. I love the Grand Junction area and wish I could live there. I just need to find a place to stay the night cheap.
We would love too have you both come over, when ever you get a chance. I would offer you a room, but right now my house is full. If you want, I could check into a couple places for you, Just send me a PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I just wanted to clarify why we have the fees. It has been asked a couple of times, so here it goes.

The BLM charges us $5 per person that is competing. We have NO say in it.

I am trying to work something out for the kids, like I said earlier. We will just have to see how it works out. I don't want to pay a ton of money for my kids to come and play for 2 or 3 days out the year either.

Now, as for insurance. The BLM requires to have each event insured if we are going to be on BLM property. This is not a BLM event fee, it is insurance to cover the property and spectators. If more people would of stepped up and payed for the measly $20 at the beginning, we wouldn't of had to count on a few people paying for a years worth of insurance for everyone else, out of their pockets. (Cough, Cough).

We are hoping that next year, the costs will drop some. But, we have to see how this year goes.

I hope I answered all your questions. This helps for other people that my wonder why we have to have the fees for each competition.

We are just too big for the BLM to ignore any more.

Last edited by 70duncan; 03-01-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

im judging this year to help and to lower
my cost of 3 trucks im running

jodie i dont think 27 1/4 rd is BLM is it?
rtousley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Yes it is BLM. Though now that you point it out, if we're within the designated free riding area maybe we wouldn't need a permit. I left Steve a message to call me about the $5 single event insurance. I'll check on the 27 1/4 road when he calls me. I'm hoping to update the webpage tonight.

Last edited by MystRacing; 02-25-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #10

Ok Im not complaining. I think its great that we even have a club near us so we can all do what we love. Just one question an im pretty sure you guys answered it but im dumb. On the insurance if we pay 20 for the year that would mean after that if we only run one class it would be 10 an event right? Or we can pay 5 dollars an event instead of the 20 correct? Thanks guys!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Ok Im not complaining. I think its great that we even have a club near us so we can all do what we love. Just one question an im pretty sure you guys answered it but im dumb. On the insurance if we pay 20 for the year that would mean after that if we only run one class it would be 10 an event right? Or we can pay 5 dollars an event instead of the 20 correct? Thanks guys!
That is correct, if you pay $20 for the insurance after that all you have to pay is the BLM if applicable and Entry Fee. So $10 for 1 class on BLM $5 for 1 class if not BLM.

You can do the following;
Either

First event you pay $20 for insurance for the year plus the $5 blm fee plus $5 entry for one class. That's $30 at the first event.

Rest of the events, the insurance is already paid for the year, so you pay ($5 BLM fee if applicable to the event) and $5 entry for a total of $10 on BLM $5 on private.

Add $5 for each additional class

Or This

Pay $5 for insurance plus $5 entry (plus $5 BLM fee if applicable) so one class is either $10 private land or $15 BLM. First option is cheaper if you're going to be at more than 4 events.

Add $5 for each additional class

Not really as complicated as it sounds.

Last edited by MystRacing; 02-25-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Alright, I talked with Steve and if a person wants they can pay $5 per event for the insurance instead of $20 for the year as I mentioned above. This is also applicable if someone from out of town wants to come over for an event.

However, I was wrong about the insurance on private property. The insurance fee has to be paid at all events, regardless of where they are. I also changed it above.

Also Ryan T is correct about the 27 1/4 road not requiring the BLM permit money. So Moab, Rifle and the 27 1/4 road events do not require the $5 per person BLM fee.

I'll try to get this all stated clearly on the web site tonight.

Last edited by MystRacing; 02-25-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
Because you know, there is usually one or two when dealing with Mother Nature.
Hopefully the weather clears up before the next comp it seems like it has just been pounding on us for the quite awhile, i was also wondering are we running supers and minis at the 2.2's or scaler comps, i been working on a clod for the last couple of weeks and if i get it finished in time i'd like to comp it as well. Also as for fees do we have to pay the blm fee twice a month if we comp both scaler and 2.2 compers or will the 5 dollars cover the whole month
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

If you do both comps you'll have to pay the $5 BLM fee for each comp. The BLM does the permits by event.

We will be running supers on courses for supers not on the 2.2 courses.

We will also be running Sportsman, the intent is for lesser skilled drivers to run sportsman. We aren't doing a novice class exactly so it's open but be prepared to be heckled mercilessly if you really belong in the 2.2 class with the big boys. For those that don't know the sportsman class is intended to be entry level.

If there are 3 1.9's we'll setup 1.9 courses. If there is only 1 or two we'll probably just make on long 1.9 course, unless someone with a 1.9 wants to step up and setup 1.9 courses.

Last edited by MystRacing; 02-25-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #15

Ok than thats not so bad. Thanks guys!!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

First off, I want to thank Jodie (MystRacing) for clarifying any questions you guys may of had. I thought I was explaining it so everyone could understand it, but I know there is always questions. Sorry

Looks like Jodie was able to get all the info that was needed. I have been away from my computer or I could of helped out with that. Thanks again Jodie.

I hope none of this has discouraged anyone from showing up, or coming out and having a good time. It really is fun, and you get to meet a bunch of great guys. Really . Well..... except for my self, anyways
Old 02-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #17
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystRacing View Post
If you do both comps you'll have to pay the $5 BLM fee for each comp. The BLM does the permits by event.

We will be running supers on courses for supers not on the 2.2 courses.

We will also be running Sportsman, the intent is for lesser skilled drivers to run sportsman. We aren't doing a novice class exactly so it's open but be prepared to be heckled mercilessly if you really belong in the 2.2 class with the big boys. For those that don't know the sportsman class is intended to be entry level.

If there are 3 1.9's we'll setup 1.9 courses. If there is only 1 or two we'll probably just make on long 1.9 course, unless someone with a 1.9 wants to step up and setup 1.9 courses.
yea i know that supers run their own course but will it be scheduled with the scaler comps or the 2.2 comps
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
yea i know that supers run their own course but will it be scheduled with the scaler comps or the 2.2 comps
Super's should be running with the 2.2 comp crawlers.
R2, Ryan Rockow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

I updated the web site. Hopefully what classes run at which comp and the fee schedule are clear now. I also linked it too this threaded and put the sportsman rules on it.

Ryan R- Sorry, I didn't know your post was rhetorical, I removed what I typed, I apologize for taking it seriously.

Last edited by MystRacing; 02-26-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystRacing View Post
I updated the web site. Hopefully what classes run at which comp and the fee schedule are clear now. I also linked it too this threaded and put the sportsman rules on it.

Ryan R- Sorry, I didn't know your post was rhetorical, I removed what I typed, I apologize for taking it seriously.
No worrys, I'm sorry to. I was taking it personal and came to the conclusion that I'm getting way to involved with the inner workings of the comp's when I shouldn't be. I'm not the one running them and really have nothing to do with them other then showing up. So its time for me to stop worrying about it, and sit back and crawl.
R2, Ryan Rockow is offline   Reply With Quote