Can't make the 22nd, I work Saturdays.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #62
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Get it off. And/ Or come after work and do some night runs.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post

And we'll be camping out Sat night, so we'll be up late and playing / running on Sunday.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #64
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
Here is the 6 places I like to run scalers at:

Palmer Park
Daniels Park
Red Rocks Elementary
Buffalo Creek #1
Coal Creek
Mt. Evans

I agree with Ty on the man made places... but Lutz is fun for a Polar Bear club run.
I thought Red Rocks was off limits? Has this changed? If it's not off limits, then I would vote for Red Rocks as well.

I also vote for Buffalo Creek and Coal Creek. The small park in Thornton wasn't bad either for a local spot. I'd still like to see something at Johnny Park again. It's USFS land so camping isn't an issue, and having something more North might get more people out. I know Toka travels quite a bit for events...something more North might be a nice change of pace.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 AM   #65
MODERHATER™

Quote:

Wish I could but gotta work, taking Thursday-Tuesday off this week to go to Crawlapalosa, and taking the weekend of my birthday off as well so can't do more this month.

Adding Horsetooth to the list would be sick as that place is prolly one our best spots!!

Answer your phone sometime! Or call me?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I thought Red Rocks was off limits? Has this changed? If it's not off limits, then I would vote for Red Rocks as well.

I also vote for Buffalo Creek and Coal Creek. The small park in Thornton wasn't bad either for a local spot. I'd still like to see something at Johnny Park again. It's USFS land so camping isn't an issue, and having something more North might get more people out. I know Toka travels quite a bit for events...something more North might be a nice change of pace.
Red Rocks is off limits without proper permits and insurance work in place. However I can get this paper work in place if we would like to do an event there. I just need at least a month or two notice to get everything worked out.

As for Johnny Park I am open to new locations, I have never seen it though, nor do I know where it is. If you could post some info. in this thread it could help everyone make a decision.

Quote:
Wish I could but gotta work, taking Thursday-Tuesday off this week to go to Crawlapalosa, and taking the weekend of my birthday off as well so can't do more this month.

Adding Horsetooth to the list would be sick as that place is prolly one our best spots!!

Answer your phone sometime! Or call me?
Well that makes sense. I'll call you today.

Horsetooth we be a great addition to the list, its got my vote.

I have some bad news right now though. A photography workshop came up on October 22nd that I need to go to. So we can either change that date or you guys can do it without me. I do have another idea though. I will get with Patrick and see if we can work the master plan out today.

Stay tuned.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #67
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:

As for Johnny Park I am open to new locations, I have never seen it though, nor do I know where it is. If you could post some info. in this thread it could help everyone make a decision.
Johnny Park is halfway between Lyons and Estes Park. Here are some old links you can check out to get an idea of some of the terrain:

Interest in an actual "crawling" spot in Longmont?

Also, since it's USFS land, shooting is allowed if people wanted to do that for awhile as well.

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 10-05-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #68

Quote:
Johnny Park is halfway between Lyons and Estes Park. Here are some old links you can check out to get an idea of some of the terrain:

Also, since it's USFS land, shooting is allowed if people wanted to do that for awhile as well.
That looks awesome, you got my vote. I love to shoot as well and I have a few fun toys to bring with me.
Colohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #69
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Some Saturdays would be good I can do Sundays, but not every month.

Johnny Park

Horse Tooth

Coal Creek

Mt. Evans Rd.

Buffalo Creek
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #70
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Some Saturdays would be good I can do Sundays, but not every month.

Johnny Park

Horse Tooth

Coal Creek

Mt. Evans Rd.

Buffalo Creek
That's pretty much my list too.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #71

I am nobody to decide these these issues having only been in it a couple of years. However, I feel as Todd does! It used to be fun! Comp guys used to come to scale events to have fun! I personally want fun back in scale and wont be in it to win it. I will come out to see good friends and meet new ones and always help to promote the events when i can. Thank you.
rollover3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #72
No idea what I'm doing

Not sure how many of you were at the Rocas scale event, but that was a blast. I started thinking about why it was so much fun and there are a few key points that stood out to me.

1. Nobody likes to sit around waiting for others to finish their runs. People come out to drive. Ty's courses at RR were fun because the field was split, and half of us ran at the same time, along with a partnered judge. This made for very quick courses with the added excitement of catching or being caught by someone else.

2. Judging sucks. And having someone that understands all the comp rules puts that person in the crappy position of working all day. Again, Ty's rules were simple and all the judge had to do was watch one person, and make sure he/she cleared the gates clean. So simple even I could do it.

I'm not saying his rules are perfect, or that there's no room for a few tweaks, but I think Ty hit it pretty close. We ran the same "Time/Clean Gate" format at the Crawl Space on Monday and I thought it worked well. Because of space, we ran everyone by themselves but just watched for clean gates.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #73

Quote:
Not sure how many of you were at the Rocas scale event, but that was a blast. I started thinking about why it was so much fun and there are a few key points that stood out to me.

1. Nobody likes to sit around waiting for others to finish their runs. People come out to drive. Ty's courses at RR were fun because the field was split, and half of us ran at the same time, along with a partnered judge. This made for very quick courses with the added excitement of catching or being caught by someone else.

2. Judging sucks. And having someone that understands all the comp rules puts that person in the crappy position of working all day. Again, Ty's rules were simple and all the judge had to do was watch one person, and make sure he/she cleared the gates clean. So simple even I could do it.

I'm not saying his rules are perfect, or that there's no room for a few tweaks, but I think Ty hit it pretty close. We ran the same "Time/Clean Gate" format at the Crawl Space on Monday and I thought it worked well. Because of space, we ran everyone by themselves but just watched for clean gates.
We did have a blast on Monday. I think it was in part because we just waqnt to have fun. when Brandon and I set it up we made sure that the FUN part came first. Rules are great when it's a comp for money or trophies or a specific style of comp but if its just for fun keep the ules to a minimum and enjoy yourselves. If you guys don't mind the honor system and making some kind of exception to the water hazards for the rigs that don't have it I think the turnout will be huge. I will make as many as I can and try to bring everyone that i know thats into the scale scene. When we did a survey of the scaler ppl we know everyone said just keep it simple and fun and we will be there. Just my oppinion, hope it helps.

Thanks
Jerry
Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #74
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Quote:
A photography workshop came up on October 22nd that I need to go to.
So what's the scoop...has this been shelved, are we going without them or is there a date that works for both Patrick and Ty?

I'm pretty open until November 14th. After that I'm out due to my girlfriend having foot surgery, and I'll be her gopher for awhile.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #75

I really hope this kicks off we are all watching and waiting for the schedule to pop up.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colohunter View Post
I really hope this kicks off we are all watching and waiting for the schedule to pop up.
X2

Let's do this.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
X2

Let's do this.
Still looking for some interest guys. I count 8 people saying they will come to events in this thread.

If you guys want to do this spread the word.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #78
RCC Addict

I'll come to all the events that don't conflict with training.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #79
Rock Stacker

Well per our conversation last night, I assume you know I am in. But on the ones that are a little farther like palmer ect my only vote is just do those once a month, then a little bit closer one for the other run.
ozyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #80
RCC Addict

I know that Jeff and I are out for the 22nd. I tried to get in contact with 3 others that usually came out to scale events, but still have not gotten a conformation either way as to what they are going to do.

Location and dates are what will have me be able to make it. I have no interest in running on man made objects. Palmer Park, although a good spot is just too damn far for me to really want to make it. Red Rocks, Johnny Park, Coal Creek, Buffalo Creek and Mt. Evans are always great spots and would get my vote.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote