Dirk's place 9 45.00%
Griz/Ace's place 2 10.00%
Plays_with_toys girlfriends house 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Colorado Comp Poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 11:17 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

hate to say but we need to be there early, 9 would be a good time as most of the college crowd will still be in bed dusting off the cobwebs from last night.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

So....Saturday at 9am, Flatirons?

It's finally been decided?!?!?!?!

Pack the tool boxes tightly as well. You don't want to have to hike back to the cars after breaking.....yes....you WILL break!!!

Last edited by WannaBeDigler; 04-12-2005 at 01:37 PM.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Also: we should have a game plan as far as a secondary place to crawl if we get booted from the area.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeDigler
So....Saturday at 9am, Redrocks?

It's finally been decided?!?!?!?!

Pack the tool boxes tightly as well. You don't want to have to hike back to the cars after breaking.....yes....you WILL break!!!
You mean saturday at flat irons. Which is in boulder.

I was going to make the comment that "I pack lightly" but that would be just too easy for you guys to rip on me huh?
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

I will recomend a light tool box, boots, jeans and maybe some light duty gloves. At the Flatirons you may have to climb with your truck to prevent a serious rollover. Be prepared for colder weather as we will be at a higher elevation. The Flatirons love eating servos so bring spare gear sets. Also bring lots of spare screws and nuts as this is rough terrain and tends to loosen suspension parts.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #66
R.I.P. Chip

So we can't park by where we will be crawling? I need to be able to charge batteries.

Are the Utah guys still coming?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #67
PapaGriz Yo

I got two F'in trucks, radios, tools, cameras, sodas. Can I pull my wagon back there?!?!? How far do we have lug our stuff?
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
So we can't park by where we will be crawling? I need to be able to charge batteries.

That's what I was wondering. I thought the parking was within a 100ft of the area, like right off the road or is that something else?
Old 04-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

The rocks are just right off the road so charging batts will be no prob. However the really hard rocks are about an 1/8th of a mile in (estimated). And yes Griz your little red wagon will make it back there. There is a well defined path leading to the crawling sites so there won't be any serious hiking.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex
The rocks are just right off the road so charging batts will be no prob. However the really hard rocks are about an 1/8th of a mile in (estimated). And yes Griz your little red wagon will make it back there. There is a well defined path leading to the crawling sites so there won't be any serious hiking.

These things will all work but I worry about attracting attention to ourselves by lugging crap all over the place and having the hoods up on our cars charging batts. That little parking area by the crawling spot is big enough for about 8 cars. Assuming that we get there early, we could get them all!
I also think we all need to make a conscious effort to stay off of the areas that have signs posted about "regrowth" etc. Personally...I don't care if all the ozone gets burt away and all the trees on earth die but if some hippie sees us trampling little shrubs and crap, he will be on his way to find a ranger and our day is over!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #71
Say hello to my dactylion

Yeah we are still planning to come out... We have just been sitting back watching the tread. Waiting for a final decision. As far as I can tell... Flat Irons Early Saturday. We will be staying in Highlands Ranch so maybe me and kaetwo can meet up at Ace's place early saturday morning??? or something... that ok Ace?
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

To minimize our presence come with all your batts charged and ready to go (I am coming up with 6, and with 45 minute runtimes that will last the entire comp). If you have a charger that can charge two batts at the same time bring that, that is what bustercrawler and I do when we are up there. Make a seperate tool box with only the tools and parts that you will need. There are signs out there that say "regrowth areas" so no walking or driving in there. The area that we will go to is not used by rock clumbers and hardly ever sees a hiker. As long as we are quiet and respectful to the other users of the area we should be ok. I think the best thing we can do is to carpool up there, come with charged batts, and generally be nice and respectful to everyone.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
Yeah we are still planning to come out... We have just been sitting back watching the tread. Waiting for a final decision. As far as I can tell... Flat Irons Early Saturday. We will be staying in Highlands Ranch so maybe me and kaetwo can meet up at Ace's place early saturday morning??? or something... that ok Ace?
Nice....it will be good to see you two monkeys again. You bringin your A games? You better be!!!!!

Once again.....let's have a secondary spot picked out in the general area!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
To minimize our presence come with all your batts charged and ready to go (I am coming up with 6, and with 45 minute runtimes that will last the entire comp). If you have a charger that can charge two batts at the same time bring that, that is what bustercrawler and I do when we are up there. Make a seperate tool box with only the tools and parts that you will need. There are signs out there that say "regrowth areas" so no walking or driving in there. The area that we will go to is not used by rock clumbers and hardly ever sees a hiker. As long as we are quiet and respectful to the other users of the area we should be ok. I think the best thing we can do is to carpool up there, come with charged batts, and generally be nice and respectful to everyone.

Good advice Wes!
Although.....the "nice and respectful" part........I don't know if I will be able to go along with that one!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Hippies tremble at the feet of the mighty Patrick Bachman
Old 04-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hippies tremble at the feet of the mighty Patrick Bachman
Well put there Tex! Just bring minimal stuff, and carpool. If the UT boys wanna hook up with a real truck driver I am closer to them in golden and a shorter drive to the FlatIrons, that doesnt involve back tracking.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
Pinch, Where in Highlands Ranch? I am on the west side.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Pinchy, I'm only 20 minutes outside of highlands ranch, maybe I could car train up there.

I only own two battery packs worth a damn, the others don't last more than 5 minutes in my crawler and were just used to test race setups a few years back. I can get about an hour out of them depending, so I will definately need to be charging.

Where in boulder can we meet? I don't know the town, so hopefully something off of highway 36 or something?
Old 04-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Pinchy, I'm only 20 minutes outside of highlands ranch, maybe I could car train up there.

I only own two battery packs worth a damn, the others don't last more than 5 minutes in my crawler and were just used to test race setups a few years back. I can get about an hour out of them depending, so I will definately need to be charging.

Where in boulder can we meet? I don't know the town, so hopefully something off of highway 36 or something?
We should meet at Einstien Bagles:
36 to Baseline, go left and the Bagle place is at the second stop light on the left side. Easy to find.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys

I've got 6 batteries in great shape but not many spare parts. So I could loan one or two if needed. Plus I've been to Boulder numerous times a good place to meet is the McDonald's just off of the main drag which is 28th I believe. We do need post directions to spot though.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote