Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Paid my Subscription but it Did Not Renew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2023, 08:12 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Paid my Subscription but it Did Not Renew

I almost wish that Mike and whatever other mods would send a big "I'm outta here!" to the owners just to see what they would do. No... I don't actually wish that but damn... it's frustrating to care about an otherwise super cool community while the owners simply abandon it and scavenge the remains.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2023, 01:57 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Its not yourfault a all Mike, u do the best u can with wat youve been givin. But it is pretty sad that the owners are lettin this place fall to nothing. Theres so many awesome people here tryin to keep, wat they can, together here. Tons of builds n endless info. Hopefully things get better soon, or somebody decides to start a new forum for everyone to merge over too.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 09:59 AM   #83
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
No blame on you here. Does this mean eventually there will be no more paid subscribers? If the link to PayPal is broken then no one can renew their subscription? I hope the owner takes notice they are losing income here.

That is correct. What i think happened was because the site was so badly out of date, when people were buying their stars it wasnt auto prompting the star...so then people got pissed, rather then contacting me (even though they shouldnt have too) and they filed charge backs... I know of several that did it because they contacted me after the fact... I think then one of the owners must have disabled the link to keep people from paying so there wouldnt be disputes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I almost wish that Mike and whatever other mods would send a big "I'm outta here!" to the owners just to see what they would do. No... I don't actually wish that but damn... it's frustrating to care about an otherwise super cool community while the owners simply abandon it and scavenge the remains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Its not yourfault a all Mike, u do the best u can with wat youve been givin. But it is pretty sad that the owners are lettin this place fall to nothing. Theres so many awesome people here tryin to keep, wat they can, together here. Tons of builds n endless info. Hopefully things get better soon, or somebody decides to start a new forum for everyone to merge over too.

I wish everyone was as appreciative for the work ive done to keep thing a live here but instead I constantly bad mouthed and criticized for my efforts...Oh well, such is life..

I still have to manually approve every new member here but im struggling to see the point in continuing to do so...

Its really a shame, the information and history here is second to none... the amount of friends I made here, people who will literally be attending my wedding next year... If you are upset imagine how I feel, Ive been part of this forum for 18 years.

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 09-22-2023 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Grammar
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

keep up the great work Mike, Your efforts and work put in is very well appreciated ... I have not been in here for long time but this place is such a good source of information, inspiration and entertainment that would be a shame to loose for our comunity. Even as a newcomer .. 2019 started to lurk around, I understand the importance of having places like this where we can share and get information for our hobby.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #85
RCC Addict

One of the hardest parts of being a mod on any forum is the unfortunate "damned if I do/ damned if I don't" situations that always arise. Being a mod is so tough because you try to be an ambassador for the community as a whole... rather than catering to each individual request, demand, threat, etc. But no matter what.. someone's going to wind up salty that you didn't make a decision based solely on their behalf. It just can't work that way and it's a shame that some people don't understand that. Your passion for this place and your integrity to do right by the community will never be a question in my mind, Mike... no matter how much involvement or interaction you feel compelled to give from here on out. RCC couldn't have gotten a better dude at the helm.

And congratulations on your upcoming marriage. May y'all have a lifetime of good memories and challenges that will further solidify your bond together.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:16 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

I have a question. I see people without stars posting pics. How are they able to do that? When I post I don't see the option of managing pics like I did when I had my star. Am I missing something?
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:51 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have a question. I see people without stars posting pics. How are they able to do that? When I post I don't see the option of managing pics like I did when I had my star. Am I missing something?

I post pictures with the Tapatalk app. It has its flaws, but it makes posting photos direct from your phone a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:35 AM   #88
RCC Addict

Quote:
I always used to have a star...now with all that's going on I see no point. Anyways, you can use a free image hosting svc like imgbb to be able to post your pics.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:39 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
That is correct. What i think happened was because the site was so badly out of date, when people were buying their stars it wasnt auto prompting the star...so then people got pissed, rather then contacting me (even though they shouldnt have too) and they filed charge backs... I know of several that did it because they contacted me after the fact... I think then one of the owners must have disabled the link to keep people from paying so there wouldnt be disputes.

I wish everyone was as appreciative for the work ive done to keep thing a live here but instead I constantly bad mouthed and criticized for my efforts...Oh well, such is life..

I still have to manually approve every new member here but im struggling to see the point in continuing to do so...

Its really a shame, the information and history here is second to none... the amount of friends I made here, people who will literally be attending my wedding next year... If you are upset imagine how I feel, Ive been part of this forum for 18 years.
Mike, if it wasn't for you my account would still be locked up for unknown reasons, I really appreciate all that you do. Is there anyway we can revive this site? These ridiculous full screen pop-ups are annoying as heck....Or have the owners just washed their hands of this and now everyone's hands are tied? Wondering why they can't sign it over to someone else to run or something. This site has always been the go to site for scale rigs, crawlers, etc. I've been here longer than any other group or site I've belonged to over the years. As always, feel free to PM me if you want to chat, I'm not on FB anymore. ~Dan N.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:55 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Good morning,

Once my subscription ran out, I lost all the albums I had of the projects I had done over the years. Please let me know what I need to do to restore my account. The albums I had contained pictures that unfortunately I must have deleted the originals after uploading them to them to the site. My profile name is:

jlsandkes

Thanks,

Jim Stuart
jlsandkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 03:21 PM   #91
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsandkes View Post
Good morning,

Once my subscription ran out, I lost all the albums I had of the projects I had done over the years. Please let me know what I need to do to restore my account. The albums I had contained pictures that unfortunately I must have deleted the originals after uploading them to them to the site. My profile name is:

jlsandkes

Thanks,

Jim Stuart
You might want to DM Mike who's user name is 1badjeepbruiser. He has posted just above. I think he is the only one around who can take care of that

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 05:13 AM   #92
RCC Addict

I assume i lost my star, the for classified section isnt showing now. Never got any notification of renewal. Cant access the site on the internet, its being stupid again, so i cant check my subscription. Only way i can get to the site is thru tapatalk

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 06:13 AM   #93
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I assume i lost my star, the for classified section isnt showing now. Never got any notification of renewal. Cant access the site on the internet, its being stupid again, so i cant check my subscription. Only way i can get to the site is thru tapatalk

I can confirm your star is gone. Hopefully someone can find it.

I lost mine a awhile back and Mike was able to fix it for me.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 06:39 AM   #94

Quote:
Your best bet to get this resolved is PM 1BadJeepBruiser
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Paid my Subscription but it Did Not Renew - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supporter Subscription Renew? Offroader5 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 11 03-14-2008 10:39 AM
paid subscription help triaxmaster Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 04-09-2005 10:50 AM