Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: ~MSD Scale Nationals 2010 Idea, have a look~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Oooo....a Top Truck Challenge would rule....
Got mud???
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Sweet, that's the reaction I was looking for!

I'm planning a small TTC in Oregon in November. Maybe it'll be a dry run for something in Montana. I'm mostly looking to see what kind of time it will require to run the trucks through 7 courses in a day. I'm planning to run just 10 rigs, and see how that goes. If everything goes smoothly, and I can figure out how to score it fairly, I wouldn't mind doing it again in May. I've been watching the TTC DVD from 2007, and reading some old mags, and getting ideas from them.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post

I'm planning a small TTC in Oregon in November. Maybe it'll be a dry run for something in Montana. I'm mostly looking to see what kind of time it will require to run the trucks through 7 courses in a day. I'm planning to run just 10 rigs, and see how that goes. If everything goes smoothly, and I can figure out how to score it fairly, I wouldn't mind doing it again in May. I've been watching the TTC DVD from 2007, and reading some old mags, and getting ideas from them.
Do you have a set of rules that you'll be going by for your clubs TTC? I imagine if there is a TTC at the scale nats, the rules will be very similar to what you're going by in Oregon, correct?

Sounds like a pretty cool idea to me!
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Do you have a set of rules that you'll be going by for your clubs TTC? I imagine if there is a TTC at the scale nats, the rules will be very similar to what you're going by in Oregon, correct?

Sounds like a pretty cool idea to me!
from Tim's post on ORCRC.com

So, since I didn't do a railroad comp this year, I've been kicking around putting on a small TTC competition. I discussed it with Ryan today, and he thinks it would be a great idea. I know it has been discussed having a large TTC that would attract people from all over, and I think this would be a great test to see how it goes, and to work out any kinks.

The rules would be:

Truck must fit within the Montana Scale Rules.
10 trucks maximum due to time restraints.
Trucks with winches will be chosen first.
You must use the same truck for the whole competition, no changing parts/tires:.
You can run 2.2 or 1.9, but 1.9's will have a difficult time.

The courses will include:

1. Frame Twister- mud, water, and logs.
2. Hill Climb- Steep hill climb that gets steeper as you go.
3. Obstacle Course- Many different obstacles in a timed course.
4. Truck Pull- Pulling a heavy sled, farthest wins.
5. Mud Pit- Let's see who's truck can go the farthest in a mud pit that keeps getting deeper and deeper.
6. Rock Crawl- Just what it says.
7. Tank Trap- Mud, climbs, rocks, water. This is worth double points.

If this goes well, It'll be a good dry run for a huge TTC event in 2010. Thanks guys. Tim.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #65
PapaGriz Yo

The TTC event we did in CO was an absolute blast! Run it just like Four Wheeler does the real one (scoring) and it will work out great.

In the 1:1 competition each event is based on time, and then based on distance for those that don't finish an event.
My suggestion to save time measuring distance is to use progress gates placed along the course. This can be used to measure distance traveled on the course.

For example:
Out of 10 competitors, 3 don't finish the Obstacle Course. The placing would be:
1st: 10 points, Driver A, 2:23
2nd: 9 points, Driver B, 2:52, :30 sec in penalties
3rd: 8 points, Driver C, 3:45
8th: 3 points, Driver H, 7 progress
9th: 2 points, Driver I, 5 progress
10th: 1 point, Driver J, 5 progress, :30 sec in penalties

This allows you to convert both time and distance to points. Just a suggestion based on my learings of the 1:1 TTC and the scale TTC we had here.
I have every year of TTC on DVD.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for that Chris. That's exactly what I was going to do for scoring. I can't find my TTC DVD, I think one of my kids took it. I wish I had access to a couple years of them. I did find last years magazine coverage, so that's better than nothing. If anyone else has any other tips for me, please share.....
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #67
www.team3sixrc.com

well I posted a couple of posts back the links to some vids they did up in canada, the guy who does them is on beatyourtruck.com go the name MeDiC. He has the rules set for his runs. If that helps any Tim
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I am going to try to make it
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #69
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Thanks for that Chris. That's exactly what I was going to do for scoring. I can't find my TTC DVD, I think one of my kids took it. I wish I had access to a couple years of them. I did find last years magazine coverage, so that's better than nothing. If anyone else has any other tips for me, please share.....
I can ship you a couple of mine Tim.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Default Scale 2010

I think it should go Friday 1.9 Saturday 2.2 and on Sunday have a day for those who busted there balls to set this up to get a chance to have a trial run, Top truck run or what ever. But I want to drive with Ben agian. Not just watch him stress out. No mater what I will be there. I don't really care about 2.2 comp. since the change..
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #71
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
I think it should go Friday 1.9 Saturday 2.2 and on Sunday have a day for those who busted there balls to set this up to get a chance to have a trial run, Top truck run or what ever. But I want to drive with Ben agian. Not just watch him stress out. No mater what I will be there. I don't really care about 2.2 comp. since the change..
Ben and I both have been building up the fleet and have had plans of some sort to get some serious wheel time in.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

I'm ready for the XC class

Pretty sure I'll have the only AMC there.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

I would like to come down and help you with this Tim,LMK

TTC for sure,I was never a fan of the cc-01 or a class for it at the MSD nats but would have done it just to have a overall shot.

I would suggest that competitors are required to run a different truck than your 1.9 or 2.2 entry
Quote:

Last edited by hotwheels000; 09-28-2009 at 05:45 PM.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I wish I had access to a couple years of them. I did find last years magazine coverage, so that's better than nothing. If anyone else has any other tips for me, please share.....
I have a TTC on VHS, one of the earlier one's (late 90's I think) before guy's were building strictly for TTC. Your welcome to it. I'll bring it to Glenn's.
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post

I would suggest that competitors are required to run a different truck than your 1.9 or 2.2 entry
Why?? Most 2.2's will fit the description of a top truck anyway. if the truck can last and man up to real top truck stuff whats the difference where else it was run??
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, that build-a-special-rig rule killed off our TTC in a hurry.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodJosh View Post
I have a TTC on VHS, one of the earlier one's (late 90's I think) before guy's were building strictly for TTC. Your welcome to it. I'll bring it to Glenn's.
I don't have a VHS player, but thanks. Griz is sending me a couple DVD's. I've watched the 2005 TTC a couple times, and ours is going to be AWESOME! I already have the spots picked out, and it's going to be just like Hollister. We're going to ride my train up and down my RR tracks from course to course. Hopefully we have a couple people shooting video and taking pics.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
I think that if we do this at next years MSD Nats, we should allow people to run whatever rigs they want for the first year, and see how it goes. Maybe each year it can get more extreme until it approaches the level that the 1:1 TTC is this year with huge tires, rear steer, and dig. Purpose built trucks with nothing on their minds but complete domination. I know that I would only be able to run my Bronco at the 2010 MSD Nats, I don't have the money or time right now to build a TTC only truck.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #79
www.team3sixrc.com

So being new to this idea and seeing it on a couple of vids so far. what exactly is a TTC truck look like? maybe I can squeeze one in before the end of the year.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #80
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
So being new to this idea and seeing it on a couple of vids so far. what exactly is a TTC truck look like? maybe I can squeeze one in before the end of the year.
Here's some pics of TTC rigs.
Attached Images

rockrawler is offline   Reply With Quote