Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 1st Annual Sportsman Nationals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 1st Annual Sportsman Nationals

This first post will change as information feeds in.

1st Annual
SPORTSMAN "SHAFTY" NATIONALS
JUNE 11TH, 2011

Sponsored by:
RMDESIGNWORKS
RUFFNECK CRAWLERZ and
FINISHLINE RC

DATE
JUNE 11th, 2011.

LOCATION CHANGE:
Competition will be held at PALMER PARK in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Exact area within the park that the event will be at will be announced closer to the event time.

We will have a get together dinner and meet-n-greet at Finishline RC on Friday, 10 JUNE 2011.

Alot of details have to be worked out but this is the first mention of this event to the general public and RCC members. I ask everyone to ring in and help determine dates and offer whatever help you would like offer.

Current Event information is as follows:
Sportsman rigs only.
Shaft driven. No MOA's.
2 Channel RC only.
All USRCCA limits and rules apply.
50-60 Drivers.
1st Annual event will not require qualification to enter.

Entry will open as follows:
Open registration to all Sportsman Drivers,,,Nationwide. No restrictions.

$25.00 Entry Fee. Entry fee will include participation shirt and decal.

6 courses. 10 GATES EACH COURSE. 6 minutes per course.

Top 10 Overall Drivers compete in FINALS course.

Top 3 Finals Drivers will receive Podium Prizes. To be determined.

Top 5 Finals Course Drivers automatically qualify for the 2012 Sportsman Nationals.

Payout/Prize detail will be determined at a later date but the top 10 Overall drivers and the Top 3 Finals Drivers will be receiving Cash and/or prize winnings, including but not limited to Trophy, Sportsman Shafty Nationals "Top Driver" Shirt, S.S.N. participation decal for your rig/pitbox. And More!

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have date information or event information that may conflict with this event please post up. Please also feel free to post up your thoughts and ideas about the event.

Current Event Officials
Event Marshal,,,Cruzin Illusion

Marshal,,,James003
Marshal,,,jojo303d

Course Judge 1,,, Wes/Big Tex
Course Judge 2,,,James003
Course Judge 3,,,666/Patrick
Course Judge 4,,,crawlertech/Wyatt

Current Competitors List
1st Annual Sportsman Nationals

We still need more Judges,,Thanks to all.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 03-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

4-6 courses. Top 3 Course drivers from each course qualify for the finals.

All Top 3 Course drivers compete in FINALS course

Can you elaborate more on this please? The way I'm reading it is that we run 4-6 courses and the best 3 on each course go to the finals. So this sounds to me like initially we only run 1 course each instead of 4-6 and this would mean the finals would have 12-18 people competing. I hope i'm having another James moment because this makes no sense to me.

Is FL the committed place? I love it if FL is involved but i'd like to see a big event like this held at an outdoor natural location.

I think it's great that you're moving forward with this Thomas. I'll help out for sure.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Shouldn't the first 30 entries be open to out of state drivers First, then fill in with local competitors? Isn't that how Rocos Rojo and other regional events have operated in the past?
DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDShorT View Post
Shouldn't the first 30 entries be open to out of state drivers First, then fill in with local competitors? Isn't that how Rocos Rojo and other regional events have operated in the past?
I believe that Rocas Rojo is the only National Qualifying event that holds entry to locals prior to others outside their home state. I maybe wrong but I think that is the only comp that is run that way.

I also believe that it should be first come first serve to everyone on the forum. If you want in to any high level comp you will be ready to purchase your tickets when they go on sale.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Rocas only allows the top 5 from each CO Club to have early entry. There is usually a 2-4 week window after registration is open until the rest of the state can buy a ticket. That applies to 2.2, but it was open season on 1.9 and Super though, which did not fill up either way.

If this is the first of it's kind, it needs to be opened up to everyone to join. Not really a national comp if 30 drivers are from CO.

Next question is the one everyone wants to know. Is this opened up to everyone? Even guys that do 2.2 pro, I know I have a shafty at home that is almost ready to roll?
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
Rocas only allows the top 5 from each CO Club to have early entry. There is usually a 2-4 week window after registration is open until the rest of the state can buy a ticket. That applies to 2.2, but it was open season on 1.9 and Super though, which did not fill up either way.

If this is the first of it's kind, it needs to be opened up to everyone to join. Not really a national comp if 30 drivers are from CO.

Next question is the one everyone wants to know. Is this opened up to everyone? Even guys that do 2.2 pro, I know I have a shafty at home that is almost ready to roll?
Thomas can verify but I asked him the same question when he brought this idea up last week and the answer is yes. Anyone with a non dig shafty can enter.

This thread should probaly be in the competition section so everyone will see it also
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post

Todd thanks for posting those questions...thats the point I was trying to get across. Not much of a National if it is loaded with Colorado drivers.
DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #8

all I have to say is... yay! i'm in. (finally sportsman!)
SpeedRacer917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

i ame in
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

James003;

Can you elaborate more on this please? The way I'm reading it is that we run 4-6 courses and the best 3 on each course go to the finals. So this sounds to me like initially we only run 1 course each instead of 4-6 and this would mean the finals would have 12-18 people competing. I hope i'm having another James moment because this makes no sense to me.

Nope,,you are having another James moment...lol. Each driver will drive all 4-6 courses. I want a bigger better shoot out at the end. When you have 50 some-odd drivers and only five make it to the finals it leaves alot of people reeling. I want everyone to feel as though they have a real shot at the podium. Just because we have the Top 3 going doesnt mean that it will be 3 different drivers from each course...we may have a driver who takes 1st on a course and second on another, while another driver gets 2nd on one and a couple of 3rd places...so in essence...we could have only 3 drivers in the finals (doubtful) upto as many as 3 different drivers from each course.

Is FL the committed place? I love it if FL is involved but i'd like to see a big event like this held at an outdoor natural location.

The 1st Annual Sportsman Shafty Nationals will be held at Dan's/Finishline RC. The subsequent event will be held remotely there after.

I think it's great that you're moving forward with this Thomas. I'll help out for sure.

Thanks James...Im really looking forward to this event.

DeaDShorT;Shouldn't the first 30 entries be open to out of state drivers First, then fill in with local competitors? Isn't that how Rocos Rojo and other regional events have operated in the past?

I am starting with local drivers because these guys have been right there with me day in and day out crawling and seeing where I intended to take my Sportsman rig and they have supported the endeavor. they have backed me when others said no. The local guys are also the ones that will be helping the most to put this thing on and benefit from it being held in their backyard. As I stated above the 1st Annual SSN will be a Non-Qualification entry...so anyone with a shafty that wants to enter,,,can. The subsequent event will require qualification to enter,,exact details to be fully determined to be the fairest to everyone.

Cruzin Illusion;I believe that Rocas Rojo is the only National Qualifying event that holds entry to locals prior to others outside their home state. I maybe wrong but I think that is the only comp that is run that way.

I also believe that it should be first come first serve to everyone on the forum. If you want in to any high level comp you will be ready to purchase your tickets when they go on sale.

THnCS;Rocas only allows the top 5 from each CO Club to have early entry. There is usually a 2-4 week window after registration is open until the rest of the state can buy a ticket. That applies to 2.2, but it was open season on 1.9 and Super though, which did not fill up either way.

The frist 30 spots are open to Colorado entrants due to the way the Rocas event entry was handled. Based on the Top 5 from each Colorado club id say that would be open to 25-30 drivers. Plus what I stated above.

I wont tell anyone who as a 2.2 Shafty rig with/without dig that cant enter, regardless of who they are what class they have run in...the Main stipulation will be,,,no dig, 2 channels, USRCCA rules apply to the rig in all other manners as normal.

James003;Thomas can verify but I asked him the same question when he brought this idea up last week and the answer is yes. Anyone with a non dig shafty can enter.

Anyone with a digless Shafty 2.2 rig or a 2.2 Shafty rig with dig thats disconnected can enter. 2.2 Pro's will be charged double,,,lol. Just kidding guys...I want everyone who wants to be apart of this event to be there.

This thread should probaly be in the competition section so everyone will see it also

Once this gets a little further ahead and things start moving in a certain direction I will ask for this thread to be moved...right now I want all the Colorado guys to see this thread and see that the first ever Sportsman Shafty Nationals will be held right here in this beautiful state of Colorado.

SpeedRacer917;2730408]all I have to say is... yay! i'm in. (finally sportsman!)

Yep,,,now you get your chance along with every other Sportsman driver to show your stuff to the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturano View Post
i ame in
Come on down Steve...I dont know if we'll let you run or not but you can show up. lol,,just messing with ya man..Welcome to the event.

Seriously though guys,,this event is not just another National event. This event is for the Sportsman driver and his/her rig to shine in the spotlight. Later events will showcase the best Sportsman drivers and their rigs. But the absolute main idea behind this event and all events to follow will be bringing the Sportsman class up to the next level while having as much fun as possible...if this isnt fun then whats the point.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Don't want to sound redundant if its been covered but whats the deal with 2 channel remote? I have a 3 channel and plan to disable the dig completely but don't want to have to buy another remote just to comp in this event! I can and will show everyone that the 3rd channel will be completely locked out!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Hey Bro...The 2 Channel rule is that you can only use 2 channels...you dont need a different radio and the tech marshalls will check your rig. Not to mention that the course judge will be watching too.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Im in all the way disconect my dig any time of day this will be interesting to see. skills thats all i have to say, WHERES THE SKILLS!!!!!
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo303d View Post
Im in all the way disconect my dig any time of day this will be interesting to see. skills thats all i have to say, WHERES THE SKILLS!!!!!
I knew you would be there. Better start practicing digless so you can learn how drive the rig not the dig.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Ok Guys,,I had a conversation tonight that has shown me a different way to look at the registration in the event.

I have edited the event registration info to read that ALL Sportsman drivers, Nationwide will be wlecome to enter.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I knew you would be there. Better start practicing digless so you can learn how drive the rig not the dig.
Thomas that should be a shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"DRIVE THE RIG NOT THE DIG" and I have the hook up on shirts too! my boy miles is a silk screener and does amazing work let me know if you guys need shirts made
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #17
Old guy

Is this a USRCCA Sanctioned event.

Will you be using the USRCCA rules for Sportsman Class , rules 2.5 through 2.5.8
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

It is not a sanctioned event but yes we will be using USRCCA rules for Sportsman class rigs.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #19
RCC Addict

You gonna allow worm gears?
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
You gonna allow worm gears?
Why wouldn't they
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote