Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the comp location be moved from Eureka Valley Campgrounds due to bad weather?
Yes 70 66.04%
No 36 33.96%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Northern California USRCCA State "Crawl-Off" - June 4, 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #101
Relaxed !

just wanted to ask if ya'll had a secondary location if this somehow does get snowed out?
just askin
we do have a spot bout an hour n half from sac headed north but it may be too short of notice plus all the spots that we all have crawled at before too!
just a thought and ?
Randy
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
I'm hoping for the best. It would suck to not even make it up there if it snows hard enough to mess up the road. Got no 4X4, just my little Corrola
I got room in my 4x4 since I'll probably be riding solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
It's looking like I'm out too. Too much going on around home this weekend. Have fun everyone!
What? you are bailing?
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Well I kinda think that if it is too much of a hassle for the day the comp could be reschedule just a week. I am not organizing this but that's my .02

The roads being closed is a pain, specially since they are not a priority for CalTrans to plow them, that's is also why they close them to begin with.

I do not mind playing in the snow or rain but drivig over 8 hrs. under s#ity conditiond is not pleasant, I have lots of hours and more miles of blizzards and pouring down rain to visit family up in Oregon therfore understanding the hazzards. One totaled truck is enough for me!

So I just wanna add that I agree with Randy and some options should be considered.
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

I'm down for rescheduling it a week later, then I could come play.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #105
RCC Addict

The finals have been planed for this weekend for some time now and many people have made arrangements to have the day/weekend off to make it to the comp. I have no problem with having a alternate location if the roads are closed, but I don't know if I will be off work next weekend, we could always move it to Folsom Lake or some other place where snow will not be a factor.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #106
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Folsom wouldn't be bad, at least if it rains there should still be some traction for good courses. Better than snow.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Rain boots, rain coats and balloon's are manatory.........
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #108
RCC Addict

Forecast as of now is rain for this weekend, http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/95314 but not snow.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #109
RCC Addict

may b steve can up date us tonight. we are going up in the morning if we have service i will.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #110
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Folsom wouldn't be bad, at least if it rains there should still be some traction for good courses. Better than snow.
If all else fails,this would be a good alternative.
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

I was at the lake 2 weeks ago and they said the gate is closed on the weekends to get back to oak point/dotons. Someone might want to call and check in this.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting Dragon View Post
Well I kinda think that if it is too much of a hassle for the day the comp could be reschedule just a week. I am not organizing this but that's my .02

The roads being closed is a pain, specially since they are not a priority for CalTrans to plow them, that's is also why they close them to begin with.

I do not mind playing in the snow or rain but drivig over 8 hrs. under s#ity conditiond is not pleasant, I have lots of hours and more miles of blizzards and pouring down rain to visit family up in Oregon therfore understanding the hazzards. One totaled truck is enough for me!

So I just wanna add that I agree with Randy and some options should be considered.

Hey Juan the roads well not be closed on the way up, Only past were Steve is at I've been watching the weather online on 5 different sites and so far a 30-40 percent chance of rain isn't that much to worry about. If it was like 60-100 percent i'd be worried but it shouldn't be as bad as everyone thinks. There calling for snow at 6000 feet and I don't think much of it is going to stick. I would say if anything the people coming up in the morning should only worry about ice on the roads were the water from run off went across the roads.

I know it would be a good idea to move but at this short of notice and being we have our scaler comp going the day after the finals at the same location, It would be hard for peeps to go all the way to Folsom and then all the way up to Eureka Valley for our event which is not being moved. I would say come prepared for rain and who knows we might just see a little bit of sprinkles and have a great time.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
x10
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #114
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Hey Juan the roads well not be closed on the way up, Only past were Steve is at I've been watching the weather online on 5 different sites and so far a 30-40 percent chance of rain isn't that much to worry about. If it was like 60-100 percent i'd be worried but it shouldn't be as bad as everyone thinks. There calling for snow at 6000 feet and I don't think much of it is going to stick. I would say if anything the people coming up in the morning should only worry about ice on the roads were the water from run off went across the roads.

I know it would be a good idea to move but at this short of notice and being we have our scaler comp going the day after the finals at the same location, It would be hard for peeps to go all the way to Folsom and then all the way up to Eureka Valley for our event which is not being moved. I would say come prepared for rain and who knows we might just see a little bit of sprinkles and have a great time.
You haven't learned that you can't trust any weather site or channel yet? Sounds like you want to keep it at this location just because the scale comp. :rolleyes: I think that if the people going to the finals are willing to deal with possible worst case scenario at this location then we should keep it there and this weekend. We don't have to keep the finals on this weekend or this location, we all choose a location like this so we could make a fun camping weekend out of it. For me, camping in the rain snow all weekend at a location that has absolutely no bathrooms or running water doesn't sound like a fun camping weekend to me. As long as it's agreed upon by the majority the finals could be held anywhere. It looks like most if not all of nor-calrcrc guys have flaked anyway so you don't need our votes.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #115
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post

I just hope the road will be open, I'll have to leave at about 4:30-5 in the morning. I'll be checking the weather too
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #116
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
You haven't learned that you can't trust any weather site or channel yet? Sounds like you want to keep it at this location just because the scale comp. :rolleyes: I think that if the people going to the finals are willing to deal with possible worst case scenario at this location then we should keep it there and this weekend. We don't have to keep the finals on this weekend or this location, we all choose a location like this so we could make a fun camping weekend out of it. For me, camping in the rain snow all weekend at a location that has absolutely no bathrooms or running water doesn't sound like a fun camping weekend to me. As long as it's agreed upon by the majority the finals could be held anywhere. It looks like most if not all of nor-calrcrc guys have flaked anyway so you don't need our votes.
I can poop in the snow, I ain't skerd
Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #117
RCC Addict

they have out houses
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #118
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
I can poop in the snow, I ain't skerd
My dick is small enough that it's hard to find in warm weather, you guys want me to try and find it in the snow? I'm gonna have to squat to pee all weekend.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

The NBRCC drivers vote to re'schedule .or change location.

Last edited by MR.VERTICAL; 06-02-2011 at 11:23 AM.
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

We r gonna have to leave by 4 am to get there in time. Moving the location would not bother us any.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote