Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

Hell yes that is awesome of you George, we are stoked to have another sponsor with high quality products making for more top of the line finish prizes.

THANK YOU

The rig is looking good, ready for some more, you are going to love the Red Hills terrain, it almost seems like it was created for scale crawling..
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

1.9 Teams:

1. Team 101
2. Team 442 AKA Team Kling-On RC
3. Team L.E.R.K. #334 / Jrock & Finishline
4. team L.E.R.K. #990 / Donzx12 & Spencer
5. Team 211
6. Team 423
7. Team 916 AKA Team Rock Armor
8. Team 420 (trying hard to make this one)
9. Team L.E.R.K. / Underdog75 & punkup5150
10. Team Rockdogs / maberto & twist n broke
11. Team L.E.R.K / Noodle & 209SCXCrawler
12. Team 668
13. Team L.E.R.K / nsr_civic & CRAWLERHEAD

2.2 Teams:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 & 4 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp

[QUOTE=DORK VADER;3675124]Its in between Oakdale & Jamestown and yes that spot is worth it..

R any gna be in 916 area code? since 916 scalers started this??
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 & 4 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp

[QUOTE=jscalecrawler;3688326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Its in between Oakdale & Jamestown and yes that spot is worth it..

I'm curious, started what?
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=finishline;3688370]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post

I'm curious, started what?

overland team challenge
Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #66
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=jscalecrawler;3688438]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post

overland team challenge
Ohh ok
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

We had the first round at the Folsom Rodeo grounds... The guys have been trying to find a place in the 916 to host another round but its difficult to find a place that will allow such a large group without special permits and whatnot.

Do you have any ideas for locations in the 916?
If so, I'm sure that DorkVader and FVRR would love to hear them.

I know it really sucks having to drive so far for competitions, but I can tell you that the drive for me has ALWAYS BEEN WORTH IT!

Thanks to DorkVader and FVRR for making these comps possible.
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=jscalecrawler;3688326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Its in between Oakdale & Jamestown and yes that spot is worth it..

Yes, the next one will be in the 916 area.

916 Area Scalers is a host club for this event and I am member. The R.C.O.T.C is it's own entity that I had developed a format and wrote the rules for. Martin, who is Area 916 Scalers and I got together on this to fine tune it, organize it and bring a new event to our areas, working together.

Unfortunately there are very few spots in the 916 area that has the terrain or that can accommodate the amount of competitors with out having to have expensive permits and insurance.

I live in the 209, one and a half hours from the 916 area, so that's one reason why we brought you guys over to Lake Amador. Nobody wanted to go back to the Rodeo Grounds, all we got was complaints about that area and the poison oak. Folsom Lake wants big money permits and insurance, Salmon Falls is under the same jurisdiction as Folsom Lake and all these spots are played out...Everything else is in the 530 area or covered in snow... Red Hills is only 1.5 hrs from Sac. Our original comp site radius was 60 miles, now it has had to grow to 100+ mile radius in order to bring you these events. Believe me, I don't like the fact that we have to drive all over the place looking for spots to throw this event after having the whole season planned out in the Sac area just to lose 2 out of the 3 spots we were counting on. Wasting money and time is not my idea of fun. This event brought a much larger crowd than we ever expected and they are from all over California.

There's is just no way to make everyone happy... sorry.

Last edited by DORK VADER; 04-16-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER View Post
We had the first round at the Folsom Rodeo grounds... The guys have been trying to find a place in the 916 to host another round but its difficult to find a place that will allow such a large group without special permits and whatnot.

Do you have any ideas for locations in the 916?
If so, I'm sure that DorkVader and FVRR would love to hear them.

I know it really sucks having to drive so far for competitions, but I can tell you that the drive for me has ALWAYS BEEN WORTH IT!

Thanks to DorkVader and FVRR for making these comps possible.

Thanks for understanding..
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #70
RCC Addict

I know it sucks to have to drive over an hour to events, but in all honesty there is just not very many locations left for big events. We "Team LERK" are fortunate to have a couple spots left to share with Matt for an event this size. I don't think that some guys appreciate the comp organizers enough. I see more complaints about change on these threads than I see positivity. It is very tough to please everyone as an event organizer and at some point you just have to throw your hands up and say it is what it is. I hope the schedule smooths itself out in the upcoming events
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

It's definetly a crap load of work putting these events on matt and we appreciate all your doing!! I think a few of us are just bummed out we are missing out on the action! Cause it's always a good time! Keep up the good work and I will try to be at the round 4.
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

thx maTT for clarifling things for me, i understand ther r not alot of places for comps in 916 that u dont need permints, the one at rodeo grounds was fun but jus was too long, only cus of a bottle neck or 2, and amodor wasnt far of a drive, only littl over an hr, only place i know besides rodeo grounds is deer creek. u can defently set up 150 gates and its free. alot of winch pts also, thx matt for all the hard work u do scoutn and putn them on, i know its alot of work to make evryone happy,
Old 04-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

As 4 people that commited when i was talkn to a specific person, u guys can relax the attitude, i was askin Matt only about it to get some clearification about talks i have had with other people.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Exclamation Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

We could have bigger problems in our area. Some places in this country you might always have to drive 2+ hours to make the only event in the area that runs once a month or less. Im a Nor-Cal guy from the 530 and it takes 2.5 to the rodeo grounds, 3.5 to Amador or Reno and over 4 to the Hills. But thats what it takes for me to play in a quality event with the sickest scalers in the country with some of the highest talent in fab and driving. Plus where else can you drive all these different formats? An OTC, G6, Rock Riot all in one month, GET THE FAWK OUT!!!! Thats some choices. Thanks to all those who organize and pitch in to put these on. And thanks to everyone who puts their time and money into this hobby, without the rest of you I would be some dork playing with my toy truck in the dirt by myself!
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
As 4 people that commited when i was talkn to a specific person, u guys can relax the attitude, i was askin Matt only about it to get some clearification about talks i have had with other people.
I am "1" of the guys that posted after your question to Matt, so I think you might be insinuating that I had an attitude in my post. Well I am sorry you feel that way but I wasn't trying to have an attitude. As far as posting to your reply well that's typically how these forums work, someone types a comment someone else replies to it. I wasn't aware that you were trying to clarify a conversation you had with other guys it won't happen again

Last edited by finishline; 04-16-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Jscalecrawler, I personally was not trying to have an attitude toward you or anyone else. I was simply commenting on your question about whether or not there would be more events in the 916 area. I hope that my comments were not taken the wrong way, I just thought I'd offer my own personal opinion along with some info that I have heard from both Matt and Martin about these events. Hope to see you and everyone else at this upcoming event... It's gonna be SICK!!!
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty530crawlers View Post
It's definetly a crap load of work putting these events on matt and we appreciate all your doing!! I think a few of us are just bummed out we are missing out on the action! Cause it's always a good time! Keep up the good work and I will try to be at the round 4.
As you know with all the Get A Hobby events, it can get a bit to much like work.. Sorry about the dates getting all messed up, we wanted to make the King Of The Sierras event and I know all the LERK crew wants a shot at taking the title of the King. We will see you at the next one.

Quote:
thx maTT for clarifling things for me, i understand ther r not alot of places for comps in 916 that u dont need permints, the one at rodeo grounds was fun but jus was too long, only cus of a bottle neck or 2, and amodor wasnt far of a drive, only littl over an hr, only place i know besides rodeo grounds is deer creek. u can defently set up 150 gates and its free. alot of winch pts also, thx matt for all the hard work u do scoutn and putn them on, i know its alot of work to make evryone happy,
No problem, its all about having fun, sorry things are out of town again this round. I hope you can make it out.

Yeah, that first event was crazy and we took notes on that one, hope Amador made up for it a little bit. When we go back to the Rodeo grounds, the course will not be going up past the levee / walking trail. No more all the way up and all the way down, we will just keep it more centralized.

Quote:
I think everyone was just commenting on the subject of event planning / organizing and their experiences with it. Please do not take it personal, I know that none of the people who commented had any bad intentions.

Last edited by DORK VADER; 04-16-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

no worries, its cool, next time if i jus want ask 1 person ill PM them,

thx again matt for the comps, hopefully ill b at the next one
Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

Idea for a solution if we all work together.

The only way around all the travel for everyone, is for other people / groups from all over to put on a R.C.O.T.C event for their areas, all following the same rule format and series. This can then lead to just one major travel date for people from all over the state to make a championship / nationals with a select group of season point leaders from each club, town, city, state...Only bummer is it will split up our group of friends and some of us will only see each other at the end of the season..

Similar idea to the SORRCA rules and the Montana Nationals or the AWCC. The major difference from this idea and MSD is that you have to earn your spot in the nationals by following a series / league, racing your ways to the championship by dominating your local series. Not just being able to buy your way in for an outrages cost is what makes a nationals or championship real.

Just a thought...

Last edited by DORK VADER; 04-17-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Where at on red hills rd is this comp?
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote

RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Overland Team Challenge Comp #3 March 18, 2012 Lake Amador fvrr Competitions 86 04-05-2012 07:00 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge Comp #2 February 19, 2012 Lake Amador fvrr Competitions 202 03-13-2012 03:13 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge 1/15/2012 Folsom CA dx-dow Scale Videos! 7 01-22-2012 10:15 AM
Nor-Cal Fall Comp Series - Event #3 - Hollister Hills camp & comp. Oct 28/29 badger Competitions 15 11-02-2006 12:12 PM