Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2007 Axial West Coast Championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Hey JANK!!! I have a question.....Is the judges helper also the eyes of the judge???Can they call reverse,cone or is it solely the judges job to call any faults???
ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #82
I joined the Band!

Yes, Both Will Be Calling Penalties. No Outside Judgeing.
KING BLING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504rock View Post
One of the reasons for the USRCCA rules is so everyone is on the same page as far as rules go. I thought at a big event like this they would be running the USRCCA rules. Not the rules that the local club is used to. It kind of gives the locals the advantage because they know "there" rules. I understand that at the local events you might run your version of the USRCCA rules but there are people coming from all over. Don't get me wrong, the rules for this event look good to me. I just thought that at big events like this they would want to use the USRCCA rules. Just a thought.

ROCK ON
Exactly! Most clubs have adopted USRCCA rules for this very reason. I also am not at all comfortable with switching judges mid way through a course. This need to be addressed in my opinion.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

So, do you want the judges to NOT compete?

If we want any judges there, they are going to want to compete. While moving judges is not the most consistant way, I am willing to sacrifice some consistancy for the judges to also have a good time. In the past, the issues surrounding this have been minor. Since they plan to have assistants to the judges, then this should minimize errors.

I driven two hours from Sacramento, CA and have placed 2nd to King Bling a couple of times. Never did I think that that the judging or local rules were to blame, only the driving skills.

Finally, if the USRCCA has any issue with this, then give me a comp to attend, but until then I go to what is here, now.

See you all there....to drive
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #85
RCC Addict

the nationals judges did not compete, but this is not the nationals, if any spectators that are not competing would like to assist in judging or people who did not get a spot but would like to attend and help out for the entire event they should contact the king of bling to offer their assistance, that might alleviate any inconsistency concerns some people might have, a side note, if a judge's turn comes on a course, they have to finish judging the person running their course before they go drive, if you follow what I am saying, that way the judging will be a little more consistent, I don't want to be in the middle of a course and change judges in the middle of it
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #86
I joined the Band!

LETS END THIS JUDGING TOPIC, PLEASE.

WE SHOULD HAVE NO JUDGING ISSUES. THE BPRCA WILL HAVE 12 JUDGES ALL PRACTICING TOGETHER NEXT WEEKEND TO MAKE SHURE THERE ARE NO DISCREPANCIES IN CALLS, AND EVEN IF THERE IS ONE, IT WILL BE CALLED THE SAME ALL DAY FOR EVERYONE. THE JUDGES WILL HAVE 3-4 PRACTICES BEFORE THE BIG EVENT.

WE INTEND FOR THIS TO BE THE FUNNEST EVENT ANY OF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO. THAT IS OUR GOAL AND TRUST ME, THE LAST THING I WOULD EVER WANT IS A UN-ORGANIZED COMP OR ANYONE LEAVING THE COMP UN HAPPY. WE CANT MAKE EVEYONE HAPPY, BUT IM SHURE AS HELL GOING TO TRY.

ON A SIDE NOTE, THE UPS MAN HAS BEEN DROPPING OFF HUGE BOXES FOR THE RAFFLE. BRING SOME EXTRA BUCKS, BECAUSE THIS RAFFLE IS GOING TO BE OFF THE HOOK!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

I've got my budget room for the weekend
See you guys there
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:15 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

judging topic done.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #89
RCC Addict

One more thing about the judging, will ther be.... SIKE! JUST KIDDING!
See you guys there... Just watch out for SoCal...
~John
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #90

This raffle is gonna be the goods!

On a different note, how many shafties pre-regged for the super class?

Dom
mxdomzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #91
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING BLING View Post
ON A SIDE NOTE, THE UPS MAN HAS BEEN DROPPING OFF HUGE BOXES FOR THE RAFFLE. BRING SOME EXTRA BUCKS, BECAUSE THIS RAFFLE IS GOING TO BE OFF THE HOOK!

I HAVE MY FINGERS CROSSED I HOPE GETTER DONE ROBOTS GONNA BE THERE!!!!!!!!!:-P
LUMPZILLA JR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #92
RCC Addict

I think i have to get a new esc before i go. Mine is all twitching and sometimes when i want to go forward a little, it goes full throttle reverse. i need a job...
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #93
Nor-CalRCRC

Quick rules question:
12.5 inches in length, measured at rest correct?
Not with the suspension manually compressed.

Just wanted to make sure.
Thanks
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

lets just go crawlen and have fun.....
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill c View Post
lets just go crawlen and have fun.....
This event will most definitely be fun. The BPRCA puts on a great show. They have never let me down. King Bling and DRIVNMF work long and hard on the logistics. I have no doubt the event will run smoothly.

Each course will be clearly marked with signage, competitors will receive T-shirts, winner will no doubt get a cool something; last time it was Mr. T necklaces, befopre that it was custon made trophies. And there will be tons of swag floating around with all the vendors/sponsors coming.

Look out for the 6' Pink Bunny, Wheely King Kid, the BPRCA Pimps and Hoes, Git-R-Dun Robots, and awesome raffles; all great things that the BPRCA has come up with to make the events fun and exciting.

If you don't have fun at this event, you are either an unhappy person or something has gone seriously wrong.

Last edited by Skeeno; 05-30-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 AM   #96
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
This event will most definitely be fun. The BPRCA puts on a great show. They have never let me down. King Bling and DRIVNMF work long and hard on the logistics. I have no doubt the event will run smoothly.

Each course will be clearly marked with signage, competitors will receive T-shirts, winner will no doubt get a cool something; last time it was Mr. T necklaces, befopre that it was custon made trophies. And there will be tons of swag floating around with all the vendors/sponsors coming.

Look out for the 6' Pink Bunny, Wheely King Kid, the BPRCA Pimps and Hoes, Git-R-Dun Robots, and awesome raffles; all great things that the BPRCA has come up with to make the events fun and exciting.

If you don't have fun at this event, you are either an unhappy person or something has gone seriously wrong.

WHOOOO HOOOOO GIT-R-DUN ROBOTS:-P :-P
LUMPZILLA JR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster View Post
As far as I am aware, there isn't anything close to Donner to really wheel a 1:1. Its been a few years since I have been up there.
Not true.

For a quick run, just drive around, find any dirt road and see what happens. This is the mountains, so there are logging roads, etc.

Two suggestions off of I-80 just before the Soda Springs/Donner exit are Eagle Lakes Rd. exit or Cisco Grove exit.

The basic short wheeling run for "stock" 1:1 I like is to drive into Fordyce Lake via Cisco Grove exit.

The nearest serious trail is Fordyce Creek OHV trial:
Location: The trail begins near Eagle Lakes. Take Interstate 80 to Eagle Lakes Road. Follow Eagles lake road on the East bound side of freeway. Follow the Eagle Lakes signs about 3 miles from the Interstate and on your right hand side you will find the Fordyce Creek trail head. It should have a sign labeled OHV route. This trail is rated 10 of 10 for toughness.

more info:
http://www.californiajeeper.com/fordyce/review.htm
Old 05-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #98
06 Super National Champ

Might as well put me down for Super.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #99
I joined the Band!

I Knew You Could'nt Resist. Ha, Ha, Are You Driving And Covering The Event?

Its Good To See Rc Driver Covering The Rock Crawling Market.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:20 PM   #100
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
I Knew You Could'nt Resist. Ha, Ha, Are You Driving And Covering The Event?
Yes.

Quote:
Its Good To See Rc Driver Covering The Rock Crawling Market.
Thanks. Actually, we were the first mag to consistently cover RC crawling and help push it to where it's at today.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote