Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: MWRCA Comp #5 Des Moines, IA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #41

Default What time is Des Moines?

Hey everybody I live over in Council Bluffs and just finished a scorpion with all the mods from the article on this site am going to try and make Des Moines what time does it start?
steve01646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

i think it is going to start at 11.
Ben06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:50 AM   #43
MWRCA'er

11:00 We show up
11:15 Basic meeting/driver signup.
11:30 First truck runs the course.

Depending on the amount of people that show up. I'd like to have two courses going at once. One 2.2 going and one super going maybe 3 courses each if we have the time. Running both at once would speed things up a bit, I hate waiting to run just as much as the next guy. If you are well educated in the area of judging Zach and I sure could use help while we run. I'd like to keep one guy locked on one course where or if possible as to the avoid mixed judging results. Also a Judge assist to call things out as they happen. I hate bidding you guys the burden but well we are short. I want to do my best to avoid anyone being called out and falsly accused of cheating or unfairness of any kind it's just not going to be tolerated in the club anymore. We will be running the 2007 rules to perfection at the request of someone. I know the rule book very well, but will also have a copy on the clipboard like I always have. Twenty points per gate, once over 20 points then you can lift your truck over the gate. Reverses more then a 1/4inch will be counted, Brushless rollbacks? Well tough I have brushless too, you can't control your truck you can't move up in the series thats all there is to it. ABSOLUTLY no prerunning of the course. Sorry if this stuff sounds harsh but it's the only way to avoid the online "comments" after a comp. Now that thats out of the way, we are all out to have fun lets keep it that way...

Series guys...

Prizes are as follows...

1st place, 2.2 Go Fur chassis from TCS Crawlers.

2nd place, BM16 brushless motor from TCS Crawlers.

3rd place, a set of Masher 2k's from RCSLOT.

Super
1st place gets a set of Moab XL's from RCSLOT.

2nd place gets a set of Traxxas alum big bore shocks from RCSLOT.

3rd place gets a stock Clodbuster gear case set from RCSLOT.

Now, at the comp this weekend here are the prizes you have a chance of winning if you compete well.

Best score combined out of all 2.2 courses will win a pair of Traxxas metal outdrives donated by RCSLOT. Plus a Pile of Axial parts from TCS Crawlers which includes servo mounts, battery mounts.

Best score out of all Super courses will win a stock Clod buster gear case set donated by RCSLOT. Plus a hidden antenna keeper from TCS Crawlers.

Prizes were all arranged at current market value. Obviously, the guys that have been paying the fuel costs to make it to every comp deserve greater prizes then the show ups..

Everyone show you support to the sponsors. TCS can't be beat for local club support and quality parts their new line of Axial stuff rocks. RCSLOT carries many items at a lower cost then Tower, they saved me $5 just the other day.

Everyone who wins a prize must hang around and get their picture taken with their prize.This is done to please the vendors whom have give several dollars of prizes to me to give to you, maybe. Pictures serve as proof, that the winners won and recieved prizes.

Obviously, I'm going to have to work my finger to the bone with the calculator at the comp to total scores. So please be patient while I get things figured and prizes awarded.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #44
Debunking old stereotypes

Ben, you can count on me if you want some help.
Do you need any more gates? I can bring an extra set if needed.
Anyone bringing scalers?
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #45
MWRCA'er

I think I have enough gates although more never hurts. Of course the scalers are coming with.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #46
RCC Addict

i may show up... is it a red or chrome go fur?
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #47
MWRCA'er

Red
Old 11-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #48
Web Wheeling

I need to figure out something for my wheely king.... I forgot to order a new inner axle after breaking one last month. I will see if I can figure something out tomorrow, heading down Saturday afternoon with Troy. Ryan and Dean will be heading down there Saturday as well. Sounds like a decent turn out, at least from our club
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #49
MWRCA'er

I've got some 5mm rod, if you want I could whip up a make shift shaft.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #50
Web Wheeling

might take you up on that offer.... I will see what I can find at the LHS tomorrow after work
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 AM   #51
MWRCA'er

Not a problem, I'll make a few they would be nice to throw in the pit box anyways.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:53 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Cheating? Really?
Soya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:10 AM   #53
MWRCA'er

Yeah, you can't cheat either, now that brushlessnut told on us. j/k

Seriously, this cheating stuff is something I laugh at. I just can't take this stuff serious, I don't hold grudges. I'll treat all of you just the same as always at the comp. Like losers.You guys will just have to step up your game.

We'll try to be a little early this time and not a hour late. Didn't account for our food and gas stops last time plus the gps went blank for 100 miles.

Troy do you have experence with them new score sheets? I made a attempt at using them last time. But, everything was backwards from the norm and I had maybe 4 hours of sleep so I had a real hard time keeping track of gates and gave up on them. What do you think of them? I'd like to use them to better keep track of the 20 points.

EType, Made a few shafts from that 5mm stock. This stuff is hard I went through 2 cheap hacksaw blades and chipped the carbide triangle insert on the lathe bit. I think I was loosing more hacksaw blade teeth then metal shavings. They will not break, ever I think. If you want one or two they are yours free. They don't have the trued down section like a bone that only weakens the shaft. So these could be used in the locked out rear if you so choose. They are not pretty but they will get you out of a pinch.

Last edited by Mnster; 11-16-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:12 AM   #54
Web Wheeling

Ben, thanks a lot for doing that. The rear is what I broke... One of the rear tires got bound up and it just went out. And who cares about pretty, its whats on the inside that counts right? ohh wait... these are inside..... Well nobody sees the inside right? :-D
Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 AM   #55
Donkey Punch Champion!

Yes, to the scalers. I got one in a German box the other day. You all won't believe this! Any way Yes, Dean and I are in. We will be in town on Saturday and will be sure to get to the comp site to prerun the ENTIRE area. Good luck to all.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #56
RCC Addict

ryan call me when you get in town Ill come out and crawl with you guys
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #57
RCC Addict

yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Red
Old 11-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #58
Debunking old stereotypes

Ben, we started using a new score sheet Kevin made up a few comps ago, and before we saw Fishmax's sheets. The one's we use also help you keep better track of gates, and point outs. I'll bring some of those and see what you think of them. We were going to use Fish's score sheets our last comp, but didn't have enough for the turnout we had. We just used the one's Kevin made up since we were used to those anyway.

I'll bring some extra gates just in case we want them.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #59
Donkey Punch Champion!

Lee, we may or may not get time to pre crawl the area. I was just messing with everyone. Any way. I will try you if we ge there early enough. See you all Sunday morning for shizzzzzzle.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #60
MWRCA'er

Season guys I added the scores, remember your worst score will be thrown out if you score a lower number then it at this comp.

http://mwrca.net/comp.aspx