Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: MWRCA Comp #5 Des Moines, IA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 03:45 AM   #81
MWRCA'er

Gears are fine still look like new. Bearings are still new to I replaced those when I did the gears about 4 months ago. I think the diff gear may have been rubbing the counter gear though, I didn't really have my shims set right. Zero damage to the gears though so it's hard to tell if that was the problem. So hopefully that was it...
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Rikki ran to what was her score??
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #83
MWRCA'er

Can't seem to locate it on the score sheets.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #84
RCC Addict

she had 3 reverses zach was scoring
Old 11-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #85
MWRCA'er

I asked him and he said she scored worse then you. I flipped through every page on the clipboard no luck.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:50 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Dangit Ben, quit cheating!
Soya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #87
MWRCA'er

Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 AM   #88
RCC Addict

its cool keep on joking around... kinda funny how a girl beats most of the 2.2 drivers every comp her frist year..I'll see if the cm guys cant hold on to the scours alittle better you'll have great comps next year
Old 11-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #89
MWRCA'er

Yeah good luck with that.

Your right next year will be way better.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like I picked a good year to take off and get my life in order. Ben I hate that we even take score. Can we just stop keeping score?
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #91
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82 View Post
Can we just stop keeping score?
Oh no, we're keeping score, cause this year I'm gonna be on top and I'm going to the nationals.
Halfj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessnut View Post
its cool keep on joking around... kinda funny how a girl beats most of the 2.2 drivers every comp her frist year..I'll see if the cm guys cant hold on to the scours alittle better you'll have great comps next year
Whenever you grow up and actually sprout a pair, let us know
Old 11-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #93
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82 View Post
Sounds like I picked a good year to take off and get my life in order. Ben I hate that we even take score. Can we just stop keeping score?
Yeah, my brother and I thought several times this season about just abandoning the whole thing. Just wasn't worth the effort we putting into it. This season had a big lack of serious competitors. No one that was serious in winter season was there other then Soya my brother and me obviously. Point being, we had no veterans like us to relate to. Averaging 4-5 competitors per comp we didn't really feel it. The winter season was a battle to the finish with several guys all in on it tweaking rigs and stuff. This season seemed empty and since no one was really into it. No one really gave it their all we just sort of went comp to comp hoping for a change. I ran almost the whole season without a rear dig cause I just didn't care anymore. Being that my brother and I setup every course there was no real excitement in driving the courses for us.

We would go to have after comp bashes and everyone would just leave. Just sort of made you wonder what was going wrong. We used to have a hell of a lot more fun driving after the comp then just the comp itself. Especially at devils lake.

We would have what we thought was a good or great comp with a high competitive level then come home to find people whining that we were to rough and not fair (cheating) or what not. All lies all lies

Then all of our locations in Iowa were wiped off the map. The heavy rains put everything underwater. We had comps at a repeat location which got sort of old.

Our last comp was a total disaster to be honest. Frankly, I'm just so glad the season is over as I wouldn't have been able to hold on much longer. My brother keeps saying he won't be back next year as this season just wasn't thrilling or exciting and was more work and gas spent then anything. I hate to say it but I to am almost ready for a break like the rest of main MWRCA guys. Just no light at the end of the tunnel, I haven't had a awesome local comp since Des Moines last season.

We'll see though, once the spring heat hits. It's almost irresistible to get out there.

Last edited by Mnster; 11-27-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Yeah, my brother and I thought several times this season about just abandoning the whole thing. Just wasn't worth the effort we putting into it. This season had a big lack of serious competitors. No one that was serious in winter season was there other then Soya my brother and me obviously. Point being, we had no veterans like us to relate to. Averaging 4-5 competitors per comp we didn't really feel it. The winter season was a battle to the finish with several guys all in on it tweaking rigs and stuff. This season seemed empty and since no one was really into it. No one really gave it their all we just sort of went comp to comp hoping for a change. I ran almost the whole season without a rear dig cause I just didn't care anymore. Being that my brother and I setup every course there was no real excitement in driving the courses for us.

We would go to have after comp bashes and everyone would just leave. Just sort of made you wonder what was going wrong. We used to have a hell of a lot more fun driving after the comp then just the comp itself. Especially at devils lake.

We would have what we thought was a good or great comp with a high competitive level then come home to find people whining that we were to rough and not fair (cheating) or what not. All lies all lies

Then all of our locations in Iowa were wiped off the map. The heavy rains put everything underwater. We had comps at a repeat location which got sort of old.

Our last comp was a total disaster to be honest. Frankly, I'm just so glad the season is over as I wouldn't have been able to hold on much longer. My brother keeps saying he won't be back next year as this season just wasn't thrilling or exciting and was more work and gas spent then anything. I hate to say it but I to am almost ready for a break like the rest of main MWRCA guys. Just no light at the end of the tunnel, I haven't had a awesome local comp since Des Moines last season.

We'll see though, once the spring heat hits. It's almost irresistible to get out there.
I'm a little burned out as well. I too do the scheduling, making of the flyers, printing the score sheets, gate set up, most of the judging, keep track of the season point totals, ect...

It has really taken the fun aspect out of the comps.

We take a break for winter and I'm looking forward to it. We are going to have to make a few changes next year to spread the work load and increase the fun factor.

I think we have focused way to much attention on competition instead of comradery.

Hopefully next year we will do much more in the way of GTG's, scale events, and a lot more hanging out and not focus on competition so heavily.

I think the winter break will do us all some good!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #95
MWRCA'er

Right on you hit the nail on the head with one.

That scoring, judging, organizing, calculating, keeping track of, running the website and setting up stuff is really exhasting.

I'm certainly looking forward to the the winter so I can relax clear my head a bit and get back into this stuff.

If we as a club could spread the load some how that would also be great. I understand though with 5-6 members that live such a large distance apart not a whole lot can be done.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

I agree on taking a break. With so few of us in it, and far apart, it just isn't worth the effort anymore.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:45 AM   #97
MWRCA'er

Yeah, that is the killer our distance. The area we cover during our comp season could actually be broken into 3 clubs. Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois. Seems like where ever we go it's a 2-3 hour drive. People in Wisconsin don't want to drive to Iowa, people in Iowa don't want to drive to Wisconsin. Thus they drop out of our series like rocks. The midwest is one of the worst areas for rock outcrops in the US. So there isn't anything we can really do about it except move.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Ben I am sorry about this year. You know I help judge and coarse setup every time. I just wasn't able to make the comps this year. I can tell you in person why over the web is wierd.
Iowa has great rock spots, but no one will crawl with me. Steve and I are the only two real crawlers in IA.
You know my stance on comps, the after run is the best part. We should skip a winter series and just do GTG's.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:23 PM   #99
Rock Stacker

Ben i noticed the lack of enthusiam(sp) towards the end. I am a newb to the game but I really enjoy the game and all the input and knowledge I gain from you and the rest of the vetrans. I am willing to help in any way I can i just need a little guideance. I am always looking for someplace new to go. Today i was thinking about some of the places that I used to MTN bike. Did any one ever check out Kettle Morraine in Wisc.? been many years since I have been there but there may be some places there just need to check it out again. The other place is Sugar Bottom rec. area in Solon Ia. It would be a long walk to the rocks but from what I remember there were rocks. There are several limestone rip raps along the banks of the Mississippi but they are hard on drive trains and very jagged and easy to bind up on. There is also a closed park in DBQ. that has a lot of mine shafts and rock but the local rR/C plane club runs there during the nice weather. Maybe we could do the winter stuff there or just a GTG in the winter months. It's a little hike to the rocks there too but stil a place to play. I will keep looking ,let me know if you want any pics of any of these places an I will forward tem to you.

MaxxRuner
MaxxRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #100
Web Wheeling

Ben, I think trying to cover 3 states is the downfall of your club, if the drive is more then 2 hours then people will quickly loose interest. And even a 2 hour drive is pushing the limits for many. You should try to keep your comps less scattered.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote