Throttle profile 1
Current Limit 40
Throttle Min 0
Drag brake 62
Brake strenght 100
Rev Speed 100
Neutral Width 10
Brake Min 5

This thing has great!! control all through forward, super smooth.... but its not quite as good in reverse. Pretty dam close but it still has a hair of jump (sometimes) in the start up. And I havent found a way to get this out. Ideas??
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #322
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: World release, Tekin ROC 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
I think your vid is misleading. I too have an AX2 trans in my IFS Ultra4 rig. That trans has a lower ratio & higher ratio than an Axial trans, which would be in between 1st & 2nd.
Yes you're right, that's why i write that i have the AX2 trans. Anyways this thing with that motor and trans is unstoppable regardless of the terrain
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #323
Rock Crawler

Has anyone tried this on 4 cell yet? That's my plan for my new 1.9 build. I also have the AX2 tranny.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #324
RCC Addict

We are working on some 3S setups Sheldon, I'll post em up as soon as I have them dialed! You should have no issues getting the 412 to run super smooth.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #325
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabust View Post
Yes you're right, that's why i write that i have the AX2 trans. Anyways this thing with that motor and trans is unstoppable regardless of the terrain
Yes it is an awesome trans. I love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
We are working on some 3S setups Sheldon, I'll post em up as soon as I have them dialed! You should have no issues getting the 412 to run super smooth.
Ok, thanks Ty.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #326
RCC Addict

Ok John sent me his setup for his 1.9 on 3S and I tweaked it a litle for my rig. It's very smooth and has great wheelspeed, almost too much.

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...pbell_v223.pdf

You can download the .rs file straight from the site here:
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...mpbell_v223.rs
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #327
Quarry Creeper

What kinda expo would you run on the dx3c? im unfamiliar with what it does but it seemed to be more responsive when i lowered it to -20% if that makes sence.
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #328
Rock Stacker

What drag brake setting would everyone recommend for an RS PRO and ROC 412 3100kV? Can't seem to find that info anywhere. Doing crawling with a Wraith.

Last edited by GeoffC77; 01-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.
GeoffC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #329
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
What kinda expo would you run on the dx3c? im unfamiliar with what it does but it seemed to be more responsive when i lowered it to -20% if that makes sence.
It depends on what ESC your running and the settings it's programmed with. With the Tekin RS ESC the EXPO in my DX3R Pro is H 25% / L 35%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC77 View Post
What drag brake setting would everyone recommend for an RS PRO and ROC 412 3100kV? Can't seem to find that info anywhere. Doing crawling with a Wraith.
Depends on how heavy your Wraith is. My SCX10 JK is just over 7lbs and I have my drag brake set to 36. I would set it to somewhere around 40 or 50 assuming your Wraith is heavier then my SCX10 JK. Then go run it and adjust the drag brake to your liking using the buttons on the ESC, it's the first setting and should be very easy to quickly adjust and test. Read the manual to figure out the button sequence you'll need to use.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #330
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Ok John sent me his setup for his 1.9 on 3S and I tweaked it a litle for my rig. It's very smooth and has great wheelspeed, almost too much.

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...pbell_v223.pdf

You can download the .rs file straight from the site here:
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...mpbell_v223.rs
I know I spoke with you about this setup last Friday, I just wanted to update the thread and give everyone my thoughts after spending a lot of time with the various settings in hotwire both on and off the phone with you.

Ty's modified setup is nice and would probably work fine for a G6 or trail ride but it still has to much free wheel action on steep descents when your stopped or on the drag brake and give it a little throttle in a more traditional crawling scenario.

When I setup my crawlers I like them to be balanced so they are as stable going down steep descents just as much as climbing. I have always liked nice technical descents when crawling so that is why it's a must that my ESC/Motor is smooth and controllable doing descents. My RS programming is geared more towards rock crawling first and trail riding / rock racer events second.

I think I have got the Tekin hotwire programming for my RS / ROC412 setup as good as I can get it. It could be a bit smoother (like a brushed setup) getting on the trottle with steep descents but with my setup now (using a high neutral width setting and some EXPO in my transmitter) I have almost completely got rid of the typical "brushless freewheel action" on descents which IMO is one of the only downfalls to a brushless motor. I'm definitely keeping this Tekin RS/ROC 412 setup in my SCX10 JK and will be buying the same setup to try in my Wraith because I love the run times crawlability and awesome wheel speed it provides.

My crawler setup is:
SCX10 Jeep JK
3S 2200mAH lipo battery
Tekin RS ESC
Tekin ROC 412 3100kv motor
Vehicle weight is 7.1 lbs

You can download my Tekin RS (.rs file) here. If you are not running VP's new Currie Rockjock axles then you will need to take the checkmark out of the "reverse motor" setting after you apply my setup in the hotwire application to run your motor in the default direction. The Currie Rockjock axles have the ring gear on the opposite side of Axial's AX10/SCX10 axles which reverses the rotation of the axles making me run my motor in reverse.
http://www.rccrawler.com/files/crawl...Badger_v223.rs

And I have attached my Tekin setup sheet to show all the settings I changed in my DX3R Pro. And a couple photos from crawling late last Friday showing the awesome wheel speed/power.
Attached Images

Last edited by badger; 01-28-2013 at 10:21 PM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #331
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
It depends on what ESC your running and the settings it's programmed with. With the Tekin RS ESC the EXPO in my DX3R Pro is H 25% / L 35%.
Im running an mmp. My dx3c expo setting says F and R, i guess thats forward and reverse? I went down from 0%, not sure if thats the correct way!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #332

is push control for the transition from off throttle to drag brake?

i love my setup i currently have, all but the fact that when i'm going at a decent speed and let off the throttle the rig wants to endo. i love the drag brake setting where it is, so if its related to my issue i guess i'll just live with it.

i havent dug into my hotwire settings to list what i have everything set at. but really i just want it to be able to coast a bit when its off throttle and not have it want to endo...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #333
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
Im running an mmp. My dx3c expo setting says F and R, i guess thats forward and reverse? I went down from 0%, not sure if thats the correct way!
Negative Expo will make it really jumpy, positive will make a concave curve to the throttle and you'll have to pull more trigger to get it to move.

Push Control will push the rig after you let off throttle and then it will coast. I'd have to try it to be sure, but I don't think it will allow drag brake and push to be ran at the same time.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #334
RCC Addict

Quote:
Negative Expo will make it really jumpy, positive will make a concave curve to the throttle and you'll have to pull more trigger to get it to move.

Push Control will push the rig after you let off throttle and then it will coast. I'd have to try it to be sure, but I don't think it will allow drag brake and push to be ran at the same time.
Doesn't Negative Expo (concave) mean throttle or steering comes on slower? if you put in positive it comes on harder.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #335
RCC Addict

Badger.

Have you tested between the 2100 and 3100, look at my post above and see my settings. My 2100 works real good but I need to get it a tad better in reverse. Do you think I should change something, some of your settings are pretty close to mine, so I'm wondering if the motor will be totally different in handling.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #336
RCC Addict

Best way to see what your radio is doing is to hook a servo up to the channel and mess with the expo. Pull the trigger to 50% and see where the servo is at 0 expo (it should be just about 50%). Adjust the expo one way and you should see less servo movement at 1/2 throttle. Move expo the other way and it should show more servo movement. On my radio (FS-GT3B) when I add positive expo, I make the curve more concave, meaning I have to move the trigger more to get the same amount of movement of the throttle. When it gets to about 3/4 throttle, the power comes on fast.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #337
Quarry Creeper

I didnt like the way positive expo felt, i like it when i move the thottle very little it moves. Felt more responsive! But i guess im use to driving it that way. Felt smoother also. I still have to play around with it and drop a tooth on the pinion, its too fast 56/14 on 3s
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #338
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
Best way to see what your radio is doing is to hook a servo up to the channel and mess with the expo. Pull the trigger to 50% and see where the servo is at 0 expo (it should be just about 50%). Adjust the expo one way and you should see less servo movement at 1/2 throttle. Move expo the other way and it should show more servo movement. On my radio (FS-GT3B) when I add positive expo, I make the curve more concave, meaning I have to move the trigger more to get the same amount of movement of the throttle. When it gets to about 3/4 throttle, the power comes on fast.
Thats weird, my Airtronics is set to -100 and its concave and I have to pull a lot of throttle to get it to go. Arent all radios the same on expo? If I do positive I have a ark thats gos up and make the throttle come in faster.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #339
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
Thats weird, my Airtronics is set to -100 and its concave and I have to pull a lot of throttle to get it to go. Arent all radios the same on expo? If I do positive I have a ark thats gos up and make the throttle come in faster.
You're right, it might be backwards. My radio is downstairs and I'm tired so I might be mixing it up
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #340
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
You're right, it might be backwards. My radio is downstairs and I'm tired so I might be mixing it up
LOL...... I hear ya, I had to get mine to make sure.