Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum 2.4 ghz Radios DX2,DX3, and DX6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #41

i have a closeley related question. i have a hitec optic six stick radio for planes. is there really any reason i shouldn't use it for my crawler? when i asked the hobby shop guy he gave me the fcc rules thing, as well as if i were near planes and crashed i'd get sued and lose. is this any different than if i was flying my plane nearby and someone crashed??? are these fcc officials out there waiting for me? i want some advice based on practicality. thanks.
indy-fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

strange that you answered your own question.in this sue happy world do you really want to give some one a chance to sue ya?it's up to you to do the right thing
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #43

i answered my own question???? do i really think i'm going to be near someone flying a plane that might be on my same frequency? what if i'm flying my plane? it's still on the same frequency? i don't do flying events so i'm not around other flyers, and i can't imagine running a crawler near planes. i've never seen anyone fly a plane anywhere near my house.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

what about small elect hellis that you can't purticularly hear ,they do use aircraft freq.and as i said,it's up to you if you want to leave your self open for a law suite if you get caught .your not by me so no issue with me.just pointing one point out,thats all
Old 07-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #45
I'm a stupid C U N T!

besides other RC'ers there a areas that those freq's are resticted and thats a bad thing cause most of those places are govt and commercial ground freq's and 2.4ghz only have a range of about 2000-3000ft air has a range of 1.5+ miles and it can really cause problems for real planes and such or at least the faa says so..
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:19 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
2.4GHz is 2.4GHz

Horizon sells the DX6 with a spring return on throttle.

The only difference between air and ground DX6 radios is the spring return throttle.

If you search the forums here you'll find my how-to on modding your own DX6.
I'm not seeing anything about a ground model DX6 on Horizon, can you show me where you saw this at cause I'm looking for a dual stick radio for my crawlers and it would be nice to only need one.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:50 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Correct me if I'm wrong but you should be able to use the DX6 on ground of air due to it being on 2.4ghz.

Bret
bret4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:04 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

The response wasn't for the spectrum but for hitec optic six stick radio for planes that indy-fritz has asked about..

as for the dx6 i don't know ,but i read about it one time andit didn't reffence ground vehicles.but that could be they're assuming there's no need for 6 channels for trucks so no adver for it.it's the same 2.4ghz.
as used for the ground trx
Old 07-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #49
RCC Addict

You can always get the 2.4gHz module for the Optic 6. I believe that there is one...
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #50
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL
I'm not seeing anything about a ground model DX6 on Horizon, can you show me where you saw this at cause I'm looking for a dual stick radio for my crawlers and it would be nice to only need one.
When you place your order you have to request that it be modded for ground use.

For that reason it's best to call to place the order.

All they do is install a cam and return spring on the throttle.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:

I think he was referring to the Optic 6, not the DX6... Could be wrong though...
Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 PM   #52
06 Super National Champ

trickster, read post #46 in this thread.

Likes2crawl is asking about getting a DX6 for ground use from Horizon. ;)

Now, regarding the Hitec radio.

Some companies will convert your 72MHz airplane radio to 75MHz so you can use them on the ground.

I'm not sure if Hitec offers this service. You could call'm and ask.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:52 PM   #53
I'm a stupid C U N T!

the optic 6 has a spectra modual this is a senthesized 72mhz modual last i checked they dont have a specktrum modual for it or any other air system yet
Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I guess I'll have to give them a call, I'm gonna check with my LHS first.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Hackster just picked up his Nomadio... so far he says it sucks. Sure it can play music while you crawl but if getting your rear steering setup is a real pain in the ***, what's the radio really worth? I almost think he'll return it as getting the 3rd servo to work the way he wants has been a byotch.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 PM   #56
RCC Addict

I know that people have adapted the Spektrum module to other radios. JR 6102 has been modded. The Airtronics M8 I have seen with the Spektrum... I think the Hitec Eclipse 7 has been modded as well, but not sure on that one. If the Hitec has been modded, the Optic 6 can too.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #57
I'm a stupid C U N T!

the m8/11 have moduals made for them as well as just about every other modual based fm ground radio as for air radio's none yet but ive heard through the grapevine they have looked into it the problem is that most air radios that have moduals have more than 6 channels and they would have 4 different receivers 6,7,9, and 11 for each of the major brands or elses force you to lose some or buy a receiver with too many
Old 07-27-2006, 11:45 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

I haven't messed with the rear steer in my maxx crawler yet, but the little I've played with it on the tlt. Wow, this is sex in radio form. I like the smooth power control up the line compared to my tq3. It is like night and day.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
Hackster just picked up his Nomadio... so far he says it sucks. Sure it can play music while you crawl but if getting your rear steering setup is a real pain in the ***, what's the radio really worth? I almost think he'll return it as getting the 3rd servo to work the way he wants has been a byotch.

Hackster has already returned his Nomadio. Too much money for doing nothing but causing issues. Spektrum is on the way.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #60

well, i tried the optic 6 and pretty much decided that a stick radio isn't for me. went to the LHS to buy a DX3 but found that the LHS guy is actually building a crawler. anyway, after talking to him about radios he actually suggested a JR that i actually already own (JRXS3). he said it would work just like the dx3, but i'm pretty sure he's wrong as i can't get the third channel to do what it's supposed to do. there are various ways of setting it up, but the only one close has the wheels either turned right or left, but not centered. so i now have an extra synthesized reciever and no dx3. i am right that this radio won't control the rear steering right?