Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Have a servo question or want to know which one to buy? Post here..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #201
RCC Addict

Default Re: Have a servo question or want to know which one to buy? Post here..

4ws on a Wraith will require some high torque servos. I say run dual 7950's and use a 3rd channel to run the rear. Full time 4ws will suck and you'll wish you could turn it off most of the time.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #202
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
4ws on a Wraith will require some high torque servos. I say run dual 7950's and use a 3rd channel to run the rear. Full time 4ws will suck and you'll wish you could turn it off most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordshire View Post
Looking for advice on a servo on a Wraith I'm setting up for 4ws with a Y connector and Castle Creations 12s BEC. I planned on using a Hitec that I could reprogram and run 4ws full-time.

If I'm going the wrong route please set me straight. I've been out of the hobby since 85.
I agree with crawler nut, I have 4ws on my Wraith and it caused my traxxas tq tx to glitch and it would only crab. I'm gonna get the new 4pls. That is what yo need, a tx with 4ws mixing. I t is absolutley nessacary.
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #203
Pebble Pounder

setup:
Wraith, tekin rs with 17.5 sensored, CC bec, hitec 7950 @ 7.4. vp method wheels with IROKs and CI foam, no added weight. rcbros knuckle weights with 1 .25 full brass round on each site. beef tube in front axle only. Front over driven gears, rear stock. 5000 mah 3s under the hood. vp knucks and chubs. Still running stock plastic lockouts, I haven't broke them to replace them yet. I feel I am not that hard on my rig from what I have seen others do.
Everytime I drive my wraith(which isnt much cause I drive my scx10 most) the servo is too warm IMO. I havent temp it, but for a servo with the specs it has on a wraith that is not that heavy(havent weighed it but would guess under 8lb) I would think the servo would run cooler. Especially cause I had a savox with around 300 oz that worked for awhile until it just lost all power. So I bought a 7950 so that I wouldnt have to buy another servo. Well the 7950 went up in smoke this weekend.

So I am either expecting too much, Have binding in my steering(I just installed rcbros knuckle weights and vp knucks and everything was butter) or it was a faulty servo(I doubt this)

Any input? I must be over looking something. I probably have about 20-25 hours on that setup.

looks like 7980 is my only option now
Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #204

Ok, thanks for the advice. Are there any good build threads using a 3rd channel? I'm assuming instead of a Y, you just plug the 2nd servo in directly?

Thanks again!

Edit: Scratch this...I'm going to hold off on this mod for a little while. I'm going to do some other upgrades I know I need before this one.

Last edited by staffordshire; 03-03-2014 at 04:13 PM.
staffordshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #205
RCC Addict

Did you set the epa's? If not that could be it. It might be trying to turn further that the knuckles, c-hubs or axle shafts will let it. There is always a chance it was a faulty servo, but most of the time its due to user adjustment or lack there of.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Have a servo question or want to know which one to buy? Post here.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what servo should i buy? rcdude Electronics 20 08-14-2011 11:44 AM
What servo to buy ben'smicrocrawler Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 18 01-19-2011 12:55 PM
I will never buy another JR servo. kmnss Electronics 16 09-19-2009 08:05 PM
to post pics do I need to buy a star ? slashbasher Newbie General 1 09-10-2009 07:13 PM