Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Brushed to brushless problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation Brushed to brushless problems

The Lowdown:
I just changed out my Holmes BRXL and TorqueMaster Expert brushed motor in by bouncer (White Lightning) for a MMP and Tekin Redline 13.5T sensored brushless motor. I did not change out my other electronics (Hitec HS-7954SH servo, Spekrim DX3E tx and SR3000 rx, and Venom 3s battery). Everything worked great today when I was playing with the Holmes setup, but when I installed the MMP/Tekin setup, it won't move or steer. The servo buzzes like normal but it won't steer. When I turn on the tx, the buzzing changes it sound so I know the rx is receiving the signal, but the rx's lights is also slowly blinking. There is also no throttle/reverse. Sometimes the motor will jolt a little but there is nothing from my tx input. The MMP is blinking green. Also, I get the esc chime for the motor before I turn on the tx (I am used to hearing that chime after I turn on the tx. Am I missing something? The sensor wire is connected and everything seems to be in order. Is a lack of a BEC the problem? I NEED HELP

Thanks!
jeepnvinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Brushed to brushless problems

Did you recalibrate your TX to the new ESC? Maybe rebind RX?
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:42 AM   #3

Turn on your TX first. Hold down full throttle then turn on esc while holding full throttle. The mmp will blink green. Hold the throttle till it blinks red then give it full reverse. Hold till it blinks yellow then let go of trigger. That should fix your problem.
Pitola23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitola23 View Post
Turn on your TX first. Hold down full throttle then turn on esc while holding full throttle. The mmp will blink green. Hold the throttle till it blinks red then give it full reverse. Hold till it blinks yellow then let go of trigger. That should fix your problem.
What he said. Also, ya better get a bec pronto! It'll give ya more gremlins if ya don't. Guaranteed.
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

BEC and recalibrate the ESC and then make sure you turn on the Tx first. Also make sure the MMP is set for the proper LVC.
Cmarcan167 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help me

Brushed to brushless problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
more sidewinder sv2 running brushed problems moparprobems Electronics 9 11-09-2013 01:00 AM
Brushed motor rebuild problems. Help! collins110 Electronics 13 07-28-2013 11:42 AM
3s Goat system running brushed brake problems. justScale'n Electronics 2 02-16-2011 11:47 PM
sidewinder+ brushed problems help Tklan Crawler Electronics 4 10-01-2009 09:21 PM
Novak Releases "The Goat" brushed/brushless esc and sintered brushless motor Rockpiledriver Electronics 70 09-26-2007 05:59 PM