Notices

Thread: Castle Creations BEC version 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Castle Creations BEC version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
There are 2 output wires on the unit, both of them should be plugged into the receiver. This is because the power output of the BEC is higher than the rated current capability of the servo connectors. If you are near maxing out the BEC and you only have one of the wires plugged in you could cause a fire, or at least melt the plastic of the plug. If you are out of ports on your receiver it is fine to plug them in via a Y harness with your servos. In most 1/10th scale setups you will not be near the limit of the plug, and you could plug the second one into a set of LED lights or some other accessory.
Thanks for that. I just got one today and was confused why there was 2 RX wires. RX Ports are valuable on scale trucks.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I use a Futaba S Bus terminal box as a distribution block for winch ind lights. S one port into the RX & the other into the box.
TowerHobbies.com | Futaba S.Bus Terminal Box 4-Way
it8ezbngrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
There are 2 output wires on the unit, both of them should be plugged into the receiver. This is because the power output of the BEC is higher than the rated current capability of the servo connectors. If you are near maxing out the BEC and you only have one of the wires plugged in you could cause a fire, or at least melt the plastic of the plug. If you are out of ports on your receiver it is fine to plug them in via a Y harness with your servos. In most 1/10th scale setups you will not be near the limit of the plug, and you could plug the second one into a set of LED lights or some other accessory.
Now to throw a wrench into this....I'm using a Holmes Hobbies bypass harness. I need 8.4v going to my steering servo and the MMP is providing 6.0v to the receiver for the shifting and differential micro servos (TRX4). By plugging this second 3-wire connector from the CC BEC 2.0 WP into a receiver port, is this connection introducing 8.4v into the receiver?
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:17 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
Now to throw a wrench into this....I'm using a Holmes Hobbies bypass harness. I need 8.4v going to my steering servo and the MMP is providing 6.0v to the receiver for the shifting and differential micro servos (TRX4). By plugging this second 3-wire connector from the CC BEC 2.0 WP into a receiver port, is this connection introducing 8.4v into the receiver?
yes. then u power your rx with 6.0v from the esc and 8.4v from the bec.

the three wire is a second power output and to connect castle link.

Gesendet von meinem T1-A21L mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Right, both output wires of the BEC are same output voltage. If you plug one into the receiver, you'd power the receiver to 8.4v. So you'd need to keep one output plugged into the HH bypass and then allow the ESC's internal BEC power the shift servos.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Castle Creations BEC version 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BEC | Castle Creations CC Bec 10A 6S Switching Regulator le varan Axial Yeti 8 06-02-2015 12:08 PM
Castle creations bec THE CRAWLER KING Newbie General 9 05-25-2010 08:57 AM
Castle Creations BEC Help rulowenough03 Electronics 0 03-19-2010 01:28 PM
Castle creations BEC and castle link? ProfitOfDoom Electronics 25 04-23-2009 07:52 PM
Version 3.04 from castle creations out already cartronicshn Electronics 6 01-22-2008 05:16 PM