Notices

Thread: New ProModeler Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New ProModeler Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemce View Post
cant wait for my 2290 to fail order to be processed so i can get one.
I fixed your post so we can all know the truth, Mike.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2018, 07:35 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I fixed your post so we can all know the truth, Mike.

Totally correct......
My 2290 is a beast!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Looks like I have something else to put in my bomber. The G13 lasted a couple weeks, hopefully this lasts longer than that.
Curious, what failed on the G13?
ljparton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljparton View Post
Curious, what failed on the G13?
Stripped teeth off 2 small steel gears and bent the pin which wallowed out the case. (Holmes recognized the hole issue and has brass bushings in his V2, the V1 which the g13 is a direct copy of doesn't have that feature.)

They sent me a replacement and something isn't right with it. Not sure if I lost another gear or what, it works but will only turn one way by hand. Power it up and it turns fine. It has been in my sportsman until a big comp last weekend when I pulled it in favor of another 2290.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Stripped teeth off 2 small steel gears and bent the pin which wallowed out the case. (Holmes recognized the hole issue and has brass bushings in his V2, the V1 which the g13 is a direct copy of doesn't have that feature.)

They sent me a replacement and something isn't right with it. Not sure if I lost another gear or what, it works but will only turn one way by hand. Power it up and it turns fine. It has been in my sportsman until a big comp last weekend when I pulled it in favor of another 2290.
This can't be true, Facebook told me the 3 Bros and the Reefs servos were the best, strongest, most indestructible servos ever!
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
This can't be true, Facebook told me the 3 Bros and the Reefs servos were the best, strongest, most indestructible servos ever!
It told me the same thing so I bought 1 of each. I put more faith in the 3 brothers than the reefs by about ten fold.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #27
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Your middle pin is sheared on an angle between the top and bottom gear, it is the main failure mode of the case and gearset. One direction it presses into itself and works fine, the other direction the pin comes apart and the gear mesh binds up.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #28

The ProModeler servo looks pretty badass. Looks like I have a little catch up to do on design in the servo realm.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Your middle pin is sheared on an angle between the top and bottom gear, it is the main failure mode of the case and gearset. One direction it presses into itself and works fine, the other direction the pin comes apart and the gear mesh binds up.
That makes sense. The first servo did the same thing before it lost teeth.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thank White Trash, he sold me on shv500 v2 over these others being discussed. I wish more had the signal/ground and power/ground seperated.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The ProModeler servo looks pretty badass. Looks like I have a little catch up to do on design in the servo realm.
I recently got the promodeler 470 and it seems decent but I feel like under load it kinda wimps out. Maybe I had higher expectations being the highest torque servo I have ever bought. I just bought one of your HV500 v2 servos from rpp yesterday for my bomber build. Mainly because I have had great luck with your products, you sell gear sets for it and the pro modeler in silver is a little flashy for on axle of bomber. I prefer the all black. Looking forward to comparing it to the promodeler.
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

My ProModeler locked up on me on my Bomber, so I swapped in a SHV500 v1, it locked up on me as well, but then began working again - hasn't had a problem since!

I need to test the ProModeler again, to see if it wakes up... I had already talked to John Beech about it and he said just send it in, but I have been procrastinating...

Still have a JX BLS-12V7146 that I ordered before the news got out that it was a copy of the v1, at least I got it on sale and didn't waste a lot of money on it.

Have not ever powered it up, funny thing is that I got it as a backup for the v1, which I thought was going to break early on and need to be sent in for a v2!

I'll likely order a set of the v1 gears, to use on whichever breaks first......

The v1 is being used with a Gear Head RC JST In-Line Power Adapter - XT60 type, on 3S.

I did order a 3Bros RC 3s balance port to JST connector to test out with the JX...

Curious to find out how well that combo may work, but not to the point of swapping it into the Bomber in place of the GearHead RC connector / HH SHV500 servo that is still kickin' ass!

Whenever I finally build up Bomber number 2, I suppose it will get that JX setup.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

I ate two Holmes (V1 and it’s warranty replacement V2) and had a PM 420 do the stop dance, John tested it and said OK, I just put it in my new VS4 so it’s good.
I ended up weighing OPIE and at 11 1/2 lbs went with a 2290 and it’s not failed me. Weigh that bomber, that could be the issue. I do run RCBros knuckle weights and centering was my issue, due to those weights

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Interesting. I have a Savox (1230SG) that's doing the same thing, is it likely to be the same/similar issue there?
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I was told in no uncertain terms that nobody has bent a 3brothers g13 center pin. Huh, pulled the replacement servo apart and found a bent center pin. Posted the pic on bookface and haven't heard a peep since. I guess the facts got their tongue.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Interesting. I have a Savox (1230SG) that's doing the same thing, is it likely to be the same/similar issue there?
Likely.

Quote:
I was told in no uncertain terms that nobody has bent a 3brothers g13 center pin. Huh, pulled the replacement servo apart and found a bent center pin. Posted the pic on bookface and haven't heard a peep since. I guess the facts got their tongue.

Well, maybe they aren't complete copies of the v1, they went with a lower temper of pin Throw in a v1 gearset and I guarantee you won't bend another, you will just shear it
Old 10-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Say you use a seperate batt for the serv, now with out the low voltage cut off from the esc, they you have to keep checking the batts voltage so you dont run it down too low? Also wondering about this with lights and my sound box. Or am i missing something?
?
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well, maybe they aren't complete copies of the v1, they went with a lower temper of pin Throw in a v1 gearset and I guarantee you won't bend another, you will just shear it

That's the problem with the bluebird h50b. The center pin is beefy but brittle. Rob a cheap solar of its pin and it makes for a pretty solid servo.

I need to order a V2 and have you do some tweaking. I want to see what it can actually do and see how long it'll do it for.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:39 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83trekker83 View Post
Say you use a seperate batt for the serv, now with out the low voltage cut off from the esc, they you have to keep checking the batts voltage so you dont run it down too low? Also wondering about this with lights and my sound box. Or am i missing something?
?
I run a separate battery for my servo (Promodeler 420). I initially would monitor it, but I found my main battery (1000mah 3s) would run down before my servo battery (260mah 2S). I just change them out at the same time and haven't over-discharged my servo batteries yet.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:45 AM   #40

You always have the option of throwing a cheap lipo alarm on the servo battery so that you don't have to worry about it.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote

New ProModeler Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ProModeler Servo: 420oz, billet case, o-ringed, $79 STANG KILLA SS Electronics 711 01-03-2020 03:00 PM
promodeler 470 sandstalker619 Electronics 23 12-07-2018 09:35 AM
promodeler 360 servo discgolferlee Electronics 20 09-06-2018 10:00 PM
Promodeler V3, nope V4 Ditchrat Electronics 42 06-12-2017 11:08 AM
650oz Promodeler Servo? rngrchad Electronics 25 12-12-2016 02:42 PM