Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Sensored motor reverse direction Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Sensored motor reverse direction Help

Hey guys i got a brushless setup for my scx10 and the motor is faster in reverse. i tired to switch it over on my remote and fired a motor and esc so i got a replacement and my program card dose not have that option. Is there anyway to reverse the motor. Thanks for any help.

Im useing a HobbyWing Quicrun 10BL120 esc, HobbyWing Quicrun 3650 G2 25.5T motor
213inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Sensored motor reverse direction Help

I don't think that model has a reverse setting. You can take out the transmission and skid plate and reverse them though. Or you could rebuild the tranny with the motor mount on the opposite side.

Last ditch effort you could swap two of the phase wires and make a custom sensor wire to swap two sensor wires. But that's risky business and likely to cause problems down the road when you forget that it's a special sensor wire. And it is a pain to get it right, since there are 27 possible combinations and only one of them will actually work.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Sensored motor reverse direction Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I don't think that model has a reverse setting. You can take out the transmission and skid plate and reverse them though. Or you could rebuild the tranny with the motor mount on the opposite side.

Last ditch effort you could swap two of the phase wires and make a custom sensor wire to swap two sensor wires. But that's risky business and likely to cause problems down the road when you forget that it's a special sensor wire. And it is a pain to get it right, since there are 27 possible combinations and only one of them will actually work.
Dang that sucks. I wouldn't be able to swap the trans I'm running a toysuki mount. Looks like I'm a pick up another system.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
213inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sensored motor reverse direction Help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max Pro with non-sensored brushless getting little power in reverse joywrex Electronics 8 03-07-2015 12:07 AM
Need Help: ROC 412 Sensored=Reverse Only, Sensorless=Forwards/Reverse jeepnvinny Electronics 5 03-01-2014 08:21 PM
Reverse motor direction on MMP R/CMaxximus5.0 Electronics 18 09-23-2011 06:00 PM
How to reverse brushless sensored motor Kymera76 Electronics 6 09-13-2011 07:45 AM