Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Latest Mamba Micro X - external BEC necessary with direct power servo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Latest Mamba Micro X - external BEC necessary with direct power servo?

As the title states, is it necessary to wire in the external BEC included with the latest version of the Mamba Micro X to power the receiver itself?

The last time I ran an external BEC was on my 1 cell Mamba Max Pro so it’s been a while. The internal ESC circuitry is always powered from the battery but without an internal BEC the transmitter would not see power unless I add the external BEC or power it directly off the battery, correct? I went with the MMX over my Mamba X to save weight but didn’t realize they were shipping with an external BEC now so I’m a little disappointed that it seems I need to add the extra BEC and wiring just to power the receiver. Receiver is a Fly Sky FS-R7P which will handle 9v input max, I’m running 3s otherwise I could power the receiver directly off the battery.
redrustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2022, 05:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Latest Mamba Micro X - external BEC necessary with direct power servo?

Good question. I assume they removed or disconnected the internal bec in the version that comes with a castle bec. If you only need to power the receiver, I'd go with an NSDRC micro bec that'll be a little less big/ugly than the castle.

https://nsdrcscaleparts.com/products/nsdrc-micro-bec

EDIT: Amain says there is no internal bec anymore. Definitely check out that micro bec.

"NOTE: The Mamba Micro X2 will no longer include an internal BEC unit. Included with the Micro X2 ESC will be an upgraded external 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00). This external BEC upgrade will be supplied at no additional charge."

Last edited by DRED805; 11-05-2022 at 05:24 PM.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Latest Mamba Micro X - external BEC necessary with direct power servo?

Ordered one to try out. Thanks!
redrustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:18 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
Good question. I assume they removed or disconnected the internal bec in the version that comes with a castle bec. If you only need to power the receiver, I'd go with an NSDRC micro bec that'll be a little less big/ugly than the castle.

https://nsdrcscaleparts.com/products/nsdrc-micro-bec

EDIT: Amain says there is no internal bec anymore. Definitely check out that micro bec.

"NOTE: The Mamba Micro X2 will no longer include an internal BEC unit. Included with the Micro X2 ESC will be an upgraded external 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00). This external BEC upgrade will be supplied at no additional charge."
Can't remember where but I seem to remember them not being able to get the internal components required for the BEC only. So in order to just get the ESC's out they're tossing in their BEC
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote

Latest Mamba Micro X - external BEC necessary with direct power servo? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes BR Mini with Direct-power servos - BEC still needed? boldfin Electronics 4 02-15-2022 05:34 AM
Direct power mini servo winch MOguy Electronics 17 08-26-2021 06:14 AM
Mamba max pro on 3's do i need external bec Elliott000 Electronics 10 01-28-2012 10:54 PM
Mamba Max With External 10 AMP BEC Firefox Electronics 6 06-10-2009 01:47 PM