Notices

Thread: Servo Shopping.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2024, 10:46 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Servo Shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'd definitely give them a shot for that price. Seems like a great deal. If only it was black and orange I could have saved $70!
yeah ... that would be great ... a little bit of paint could give it a make over... Jk ... i know the savings for them is in the nice case ... believe me I have a few of the nicer units from NSDRC and they are nice but I can't have 120+$ on all the rigs ... ... Not until you gone down the rabit hole that you start to notice where is the real cost of building this things goes.
Speedy-Triple is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2024, 12:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
yeah ... that would be great ... a little bit of paint could give it a make over... Jk ... i know the savings for them is in the nice case ... believe me I have a few of the nicer units from NSDRC and they are nice but I can't have 120+$ on all the rigs ... ... Not until you gone down the rabit hole that you start to notice where is the real cost of building this things goes.
Agreed, but once you experience the power and speed of an expensive servo, it is hard to give it up.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:55 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Wait...
Black & orange?!
Dang, that would have tied in perfectly in my build!
Or looked gayly color coordinated...
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:43 AM   #24
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
I ended up trying a NSD RS500B from Dlux
https://dluxfab.com/NSDRC-RS500B-Hig...rvo-p435969270
Nice servo for the price. I just recently bought 2 of them and tried my first one out this past weekend. It is a great budget servo with plenty of power and speed for my VFD Carbon.

Quote:
That servo was in my cart at AMain until I saw the preorder for a black and orange NSDRC RS700 V2 as seen below. Seems like a lot more servo than the Shifts RC for the money.

https://nsdrcscaleparts.com/collecti...nge-servo-horn
Just got a shipment notice on mine. Looks like our orange SE's may be arriving this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
for the money you wont be disappointed with the RS500B ... I got a couple of them and very happy with the power and the fact that they are DP
Agree!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:27 AM   #25

Default Servo Shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Just got a shipment notice on mine. Looks like our orange SE's may be arriving this week.
Got my shipment notice too. Looking forward to trying it.
Old 02-07-2024, 03:45 AM   #26
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Got my shipment notice too. Looking forward to trying it.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Well I have a tracking number, but no movement so far. Anxiously awaiting it.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:36 AM   #28
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Well I have a tracking number, but no movement so far. Anxiously awaiting it.

Same here. I’m wondering if the massive flooding out there has them on pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2024, 06:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Same here. I’m wondering if the massive flooding out there has them on pause.

I’m assuming NSDRC printed the labels, but maybe hasn’t actually received, packaged and/or dropped the servos off at the post office.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:40 AM   #30
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I’m assuming NSDRC printed the labels, but maybe hasn’t actually received, packaged and/or dropped the servos off at the post office.

Could be. I was surprised to see a tracking number so soon since these were preorder.

Old 02-07-2024, 06:41 AM   #31

Quote:
Could be. I was surprised to see a tracking number so soon since these were preorder.

I will say the Lancaster, PA depot held my shipments from early January for weeks. So the USPS is screwy as well.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:56 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Reef's servos have been around for a few years. I was really apprehensive about them for a while but finally caved and bought one of their internal spool comp spec winches last year and it has been outstanding. They're pretty popular and a lot of really good drivers in the comp world seem to run them. I'm not running their steering servos just because I like direct power. Shift has a good reputation. I know several guys who swear by them but I have not owned any.

NSDRC has a bit of a reputation for overrating their servos. Still powerful, fast, and efficient, but the rated specs dont always match up with the folks checking them on fixtures on YouTube FWIW. I have friends that have had good luck with their servos, but I got a dud. Lasted me ~15-20 minutes at most before locking up. He shipped me a replacement quickly and hopefully I'll be giving it a real run this weekend. On the bench it definitely feels fast and very strong on 4s. I hope it does work well because y'all made my dumbass buy one of the orange versions.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Reef's servos have been around for a few years. I was really apprehensive about them for a while but finally caved and bought one of their internal spool comp spec winches last year and it has been outstanding. They're pretty popular and a lot of really good drivers in the comp world seem to run them. I'm not running their steering servos just because I like direct power. Shift has a good reputation. I know several guys who swear by them but I have not owned any.

NSDRC has a bit of a reputation for overrating their servos. Still powerful, fast, and efficient, but the rated specs dont always match up with the folks checking them on fixtures on YouTube FWIW. I have friends that have had good luck with their servos, but I got a dud. Lasted me ~15-20 minutes at most before locking up. He shipped me a replacement quickly and hopefully I'll be giving it a real run this weekend. On the bench it definitely feels fast and very strong on 4s. I hope it does work well because y'all made my dumbass buy one of the orange versions.
The Reefs dude rubs me the wrong way. Always has.

I'll give NSDRC a chance. He was quick to respond to questions on FB. Given the fact that they are all Chinese servos, customer service will be what wins me over.

I have what looks exactly like a Reefs Triple5 in my Ultra and I am less than impressed. Now looks can be deceiving, but decide for yourself...

Jato the Ultra

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-07-2024 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2024, 12:56 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:

I'll give NSDRC a chance. He was quick to respond to questions on FB. Given the fact that they are all Chinese servos, customer service will be what wins me over.

I have what looks exactly like a Reefs Triple5 in my Ultra and I am less than impressed. Now looks can be deceiving, but decide for yourself...

Jato the Ultra
I'm with you there. That was another reason I wouldnt try his servos for a long time. Only reason I bought the winch is that it is the only low profile internal spool winch I could find but it works great.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:01 PM   #35

Quote:
I'm with you there. That was another reason I wouldnt try his servos for a long time. Only reason I bought the winch is that it is the only low profile internal spool winch I could find but it works great.
So for a change it's not just me!

Reefs has been around for a while though so I guess they can't be too terrible, right?
Old 02-07-2024, 02:27 PM   #36
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I will say the Lancaster, PA depot held my shipments from early January for weeks. So the USPS is screwy as well.
I know all too well how the USPS works!

Quote:
I hope it does work well because y'all made my dumbass buy one of the orange versions.
Yep and Jato twisted my arm to buy one! Though it didn't take much twisting!

Quote:

I have what looks exactly like a Reefs Triple5 in my Ultra and I am less than impressed.
I feel the same way about the dude. I met him at KNK TTC a few years back and felt that too.

I also have a Triple 5 in one of my rigs. Ok servo without any problems, but I expected to be wowed and I wasn't.

Quote:
I do want to try a Reefs winch. I have heard great reviews about them. I am in need of a low profile internal, so I'll probably be getting one sooner than later.
Old 02-07-2024, 03:12 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
So for a change it's not just me!

Reefs has been around for a while though so I guess they can't be too terrible, right?
I met him at Proline by the Fire and he wasnt very friendly. Also doesnt seem very personable in the videos I've seen him in, but I havent noticed him be a flat out a-hole like some other industry people. There are a few other companies on my do not buy list for sure.
Old 02-07-2024, 03:17 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:

I do want to try a Reefs winch. I have heard great reviews about them. I am in need of a low profile internal, so I'll probably be getting one sooner than later.
What I dont like about external spool winches is the line can get tangled or hung up under the spool and jam. At least with the Reef's internal spool, that is not a concern.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:18 PM   #39
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
What I dont like about external spool winches is the line can get tangled or hung up under the spool and jam. At least with the Reef's internal spool, that is not a concern.
That is the main reason why I want to try an internal. I've had line come off spools too many times when the line wasn't kept tight enough. I don't use winches a lot, but when I do I don't want to have to worry about the line. Also it looks like the internals are easier to mount without having to worry about the spool hit the axle or something else and they look like they can be mounted in tighter places.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:29 AM   #40

Quote:
I know all too well how the USPS works!

Yep and Jato twisted my arm to buy one! Though it didn't take much twisting!

I feel the same way about the dude. I met him at KNK TTC a few years back and felt that too.

I also have a Triple 5 in one of my rigs. Ok servo without any problems, but I expected to be wowed and I wasn't.
USPS = government + union and enough said there.

I hope your arm has recovered from that major twisting...

Quote:
I met him at Proline by the Fire and he wasnt very friendly. Also doesnt seem very personable in the videos I've seen him in, but I havent noticed him be a flat out a-hole like some other industry people. There are a few other companies on my do not buy list for sure.
Interesting how many people get the same impression of Sheref of Reefs RC...

Servo Shopping. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
servo shopping boogz Electronics 11 06-03-2014 09:40 PM
Servo shopping for my 2.2 comp rig jeremyfowler33 Electronics 11 02-21-2012 07:53 PM
shopping jokers_toys Chit Chat 8 11-23-2011 08:18 AM
servo shopping rybredd Newbie General 4 03-19-2011 05:23 PM
Shopping in CT Ralf Connecticut 2 05-25-2010 06:33 PM