Notices

Thread: Servo Shopping.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2024, 09:40 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Servo Shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Reef's servos have been around for a few years.
I've made a recent purchase of Reefs RC, 3 RAW 800LP Brass to be exact. 2 of them have failed within the first 30 min of run time. They were sent back, and the fault not covered under warranty (out of pocket $90+ bucks both times). They claim the issue was a voltage surge. Hard to believe considering I'm running a Castle BEC, which has yet to fry ANY other brand servo I've had installed (Savox, NSDRC, and Futaba). The 3rd one, I sold before even giving it a chance. 66% failure rate is appalling.

For now, I'm sticking to NSDRC - Protip: If NSDRC doesn't have them in stock, Check DLux fab, they might.
diezel666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2024, 06:41 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by diezel666 View Post
I've made a recent purchase of Reefs RC, 3 RAW 800LP Brass to be exact. 2 of them have failed within the first 30 min of run time. They were sent back, and the fault not covered under warranty (out of pocket $90+ bucks both times). They claim the issue was a voltage surge. Hard to believe considering I'm running a Castle BEC, which has yet to fry ANY other brand servo I've had installed (Savox, NSDRC, and Futaba). The 3rd one, I sold before even giving it a chance. 66% failure rate is appalling.

For now, I'm sticking to NSDRC - Protip: If NSDRC doesn't have them in stock, Check DLux fab, they might.
oh man they would never here the end of it if it were me and when they start blocking me I'll post signs up at there crawl spots and show up at there shop

I would have them for lunch

I'm pretty tame on line but I let loose in person

if ya feel like taking a road trip heres directions to there office in corona

https://www.google.com/maps/search/?...+United+States

Last edited by ferp420; 02-09-2024 at 06:43 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 09:55 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
oh man they would never here the end of it if it were me and when they start blocking me I'll post signs up at there crawl spots and show up at there shop
Anyone who knows me well, will know how much weight the following carries.

They're, NOT worth My time.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:24 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

I don’t know you, but I appreciate your honesty, and input. I do however know my friend that was willing to sell me his RAW brass 800PL is newer to the hobby, and I don’t exactly know where he get his information/help, so it made me a bit apprehensive about buying electronics from him that’s why I logged back on here to see what good info I could find.

I couldn’t decide which ones I wanted so I ordered that "Shift" direct power servo off of amain, and a Tekin T-440 from RPP since I’ve always been a fan of Tekin products. I’m still hoping to try a Holmes Hobbies servo, if they’re ever back in stock.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 08:04 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Seriously, does anyone know what’s going on with Holmes servos? Not sure if his servos are just out of stock or discontinued because there are only 3 servos on his site.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 09:46 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by diezel666 View Post
Anyone who knows me well, will know how much weight the following carries.

They're, NOT worth My time.
I'm retired so I have lots of time more so than they do to deal with me lol and I can tie up a phone line for days and there office is about a hour away from me so they wouldn't be able to move with out seeing my face let alone go crawl anywhere in California or greater south west
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:36 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Seriously, does anyone know what’s going on with Holmes servos? Not sure if his servos are just out of stock or discontinued because there are only 3 servos on his site.
On his Youtube, he posted a while back that they were simplifying their servo lineup and going to release new models.

Late last year on the FB account they posted that they were releasing a low profile SHV650 soon, then a week or so later said there was a delay, then deleted both posts. I got tired of waiting so I bought the NSDRC.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:57 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
I don’t know you, but I appreciate your honesty, and input. I do however know my friend that was willing to sell me his RAW brass 800PL is newer to the hobby, and I don’t exactly know where he get his information/help, so it made me a bit apprehensive about buying electronics from him that’s why I logged back on here to see what good info I could find.

I couldn’t decide which ones I wanted so I ordered that "Shift" direct power servo off of amain, and a Tekin T-440 from RPP since I’ve always been a fan of Tekin products. I’m still hoping to try a Holmes Hobbies servo, if they’re ever back in stock.
You have a little less risk ordering from AMain because they have pretty good customer service.

I ordered an NSDRC servo direct because I wanted the limited edition black and orange. Otherwise I was leaning towards a Shifts RC although I will say that tattoo look on the case is a bit much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
In one of his videos he mentioned something about figuring out the problem with his servos. It's a very vague memory so don't put too much weight on my dim bulb. I'd email and ask him. If you get an answer, please share with the group!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:14 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The Reefs dude rubs me the wrong way. Always has.

I'll give NSDRC a chance. He was quick to respond to questions on FB. Given the fact that they are all Chinese servos, customer service will be what wins me over.

I have what looks exactly like a Reefs Triple5 in my Ultra and I am less than impressed. Now looks can be deceiving, but decide for yourself...

Jato the Ultra
FYI the Trip 5 is a strong (torque) servo, and gear wise is pretty stout being all steel gears. But it is notoriously slow. Its the only Reefs I have seen that is as slow as an old hitec on 5v. lol But a great servo if you don't need the speed. Got mine in my Ryft right now, which is a great fit as that damn thing wants to roll over if you turn to fast with some speed.
My 422HD V1 in my AXE is faster than the Triple 5.
Dont judge the rest of the Reefs off their Slowest Servo.
J2C for the discussion.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:16 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I know all too well how the USPS works!

Yep and Jato twisted my arm to buy one! Though it didn't take much twisting!

I feel the same way about the dude. I met him at KNK TTC a few years back and felt that too.

I also have a Triple 5 in one of my rigs. Ok servo without any problems, but I expected to be wowed and I wasn't.

I do want to try a Reefs winch. I have heard great reviews about them. I am in need of a low profile internal, so I'll probably be getting one sooner than later.
I believe the RAW800 is a low profile that has an internal spool option.
I have the IS800 but its a full size servo.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:13 AM   #51

My experience with NSDRC servos has not been as swell as others posting here.

I have 2 NSDRC RS700 and an RS100. No problems with the RS100.

I have replaced the same gear for broken teeth (one next to the output) on one of my RS700 twice (in my Capra) and the other one one time (in an RR10 bomber, admittedly not a perfect choice of servo to truck).

I chalked the RR10 up to my driving and speed of vehicle. But the Capra is slow, relatively light and didn't really do anything that should cause this.

NSDRC customer service said its non-warranty either time.

My go to servos now are Holmes Hobbies. Super strong, quick and fairly quiet. Waiting for the new versions to come out.

If I need cheaper then I've had good luck with the Amazon available DS3235 Pro servos. Kind of loud, but they have not failed me even when abused.
89Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:27 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Industries View Post
My experience with NSDRC servos has not been as swell as others posting here.

I have replaced the same gear for broken teeth (one next to the output) on one of my RS700 twice (in my Capra) and the other one one time (in an RR10 bomber, admittedly not a perfect choice of servo to truck).

I chalked the RR10 up to my driving and speed of vehicle. But the Capra is slow, relatively light and didn't really do anything that should cause this.

NSDRC customer service said its non-warranty either time.

My go to servos now are Holmes Hobbies. Super strong, quick and fairly quiet. Waiting for the new versions to come out.

If I need cheaper then I've had good luck with the Amazon available DS3235 Pro servos. Kind of loud, but they have not failed me even when abused.

Bummer to hear. We shall see how my experience goes.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:09 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Industries View Post

In transparency though, the RS700 is now V2, with different gears. So you likely were not the only person with that issue. Sucks how they handled it warranty wise.

Servo Shopping. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
servo shopping boogz Electronics 11 06-03-2014 09:40 PM
Servo shopping for my 2.2 comp rig jeremyfowler33 Electronics 11 02-21-2012 07:53 PM
shopping jokers_toys Chit Chat 8 11-23-2011 08:18 AM
servo shopping rybredd Newbie General 4 03-19-2011 05:23 PM
Shopping in CT Ralf Connecticut 2 05-25-2010 06:33 PM