Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero
Loading

Notices

Thread: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #21
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 563
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

SWEET! I LOVE rust!! Those Wheels look good with that body. What are they?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2019, 06:23 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave
 
CODYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oakridge
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
SWEET! I LOVE rust!! Those Wheels look good with that body. What are they?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Thank you young man!

Locked Up RC.
1.9" Adversary SLWC Beadlock Wheel

Ernie
CODYBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #23
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 906
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

You never cease to amaze me brother. Amazing work as always! Now just to bring it to Florida for a test run on the backyard course
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #24
Formerly Pant Danza
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,422
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Great work Ernie! The time and effort you’ve put into this one really shows. Wheels are killer too.
Topher Builds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:45 PM   #25
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 563
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Should we expect running video soon?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:05 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave
 
CODYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oakridge
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Very nice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
I believe I've said this elsewhere, but...

...badass.
Glad your liking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Lookin good ernie! U always have the coolest lookin rigs
Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Thanks Adam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I love it especially the fogged or rusted headlights (maybe its both)
Thanks Casey, Glad you noticed that tiny detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
You never cease to amaze me brother. Amazing work as always! Now just to bring it to Florida for a test run on the backyard course
Thank you for the kind words Justin!! You never know? I do know it won't be when your having a heat wave!!!!

Did the new cement work better for your foams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Great work Ernie! The time and effort you’ve put into this one really shows. Wheels are killer too.
This has been a fun build! I will admit that being retired gives me a big advantage over most of you as far as time spent. (I'm usually in bed by 9:30 or 10:00) So not many late nights for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Should we expect running video soon?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
I do very little vid, so please Don't hold your breath, stills maybe!

Ernie
CODYBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #27
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 563
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post




Glad your liking it!


Thanks Adam!


Thanks Casey, Glad you noticed that tiny detail!



Thank you for the kind words Justin!! You never know? I do know it won't be when your having a heat wave!!!!

Did the new cement work better for your foams?



This has been a fun build! I will admit that being retired gives me a big advantage over most of you as far as time spent. (I'm usually in bed by 9:30 or 10:00) So not many late nights for me.



I do very little vid, so please Don't hold your breath, stills maybe!

Ernie
Cool. I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the inspiration. Your truck makes me want to go out and buy brazing equipment

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave
 
CODYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oakridge
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Cool. I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the inspiration. Your truck makes me want to go out and buy brazing equipment

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I'm glad it is helping inspire you to that next step! Once you get a torch the potential for you to do cool things vastly increases. I use mostly Stainless steel and Safety silv 56 for my solder. I used mine today working on my weighted axle design.
Ernie
CODYBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #29
Rock Crawler
 
GA Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Marietta
Posts: 511
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I'm glad it is helping inspire you to that next step! Once you get a torch the potential for you to do cool things vastly increases. I use mostly Stainless steel and Safety silv 56 for my solder. I used mine today working on my weighted axle design.
Ernie
As far as a torch goes, what would you recommend to a novice?
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #30
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 563
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I'm glad it is helping inspire you to that next step! Once you get a torch the potential for you to do cool things vastly increases. I use mostly Stainless steel and Safety silv 56 for my solder. I used mine today working on my weighted axle design.
Ernie


What kind of a torch do you use? How thick of stainless steel do you use? Where is the best place to buy the stainless steel? I really want to give this a try. Thanks!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:51 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave
 
CODYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oakridge
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
As far as a torch goes, what would you recommend to a novice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
What kind of a torch do you use? How thick of stainless steel do you use? Where is the best place to buy the stainless steel? I really want to give this a try. Thanks!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok guys, here is the torch brand I've been using for 40 years! And this is just the second one in all those years.





The brand name is Uniweld.

Only on tank required, acetylene. When I bought this 40 years ago it was called a B tank. I own the tank, and when it is MT I take it in and exchange it for a full tank, and of course I have to pay for the acetylene.



Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 07-21-2019 at 11:56 PM.
CODYBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:22 AM   #32
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 563
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Thank you! How thick is the Stainless steel you use?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,568
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Rig is looking killer!
soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave
 
CODYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oakridge
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Thank you! How thick is the Stainless steel you use?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

All of my stainless accept for the tube comes from Goodwill, or a favorite salvage yard! So it just depends on what I'm building and how lite I want the part. I use parts off of a old microwave, stainless BBQ utensils, 3/16" stainless rod, 1/4" rod all found at above mentioned places. I buy my SS tube at Zoro. I'll see if I can get you a link. A great to shop for supplies, here is a copy of my last order.

Your Zoro Order #SO11577297 Has Been Received

PrintRaw message

Zoro
To:
To protect your privacy, Yahoo Mail has blocked remote images in this message. Show images

Order Confirmation
Having problems viewing this email? Click here.

TOOLS | SAFETY | ELECTRICAL | PLUMBING | MATERIAL HANDLING


Order Number:

Order Date:

Shipping Address:
Ernie Ledbetter

Delivery Method:
(Default) Shipping

Billing Address:
Submitted with paypal
See PayPal for billing information.
Anytown, USA 00000


Payment Method:
Paypal
Submitted with paypal

Item
Unit Price
Qty
Total Price

Threadlocker 268,0.32 oz.,Stick,Red 268(TM)
Zoro #: G1672221
Item ships from Zoro in 1 business day.

$14.39
1
$14.39


Threadlocker 248,0.32 oz.,Stick,Blue 248(TM)
Zoro #: G0507333
Item ships from Zoro in 1 business day.

$13.62
1
$13.62

Super Glue,Instant Bonding,15g Bottle
Zoro #: G2780355
Item ships from Zoro in 1 business day.

$3.59
1
$3.59


Super Glue,Heavy-Duty,Clear,0.53 oz.
Zoro #: G8496397
Item ships from Zoro in 1 business day.

$4.59
1
$4.59

Silicone Dielectric Grease, 3 Oz., Super Lube®
Zoro #: G5124402
Item ships from Zoro in 1 business day.

$7.81
1
$7.81

3/16" OD x 6 ft. Welded 304 Stainless Steel Tubing
Zoro #: G1231282
Item ships from Zoro in 1 business day.

$11.31
3
$33.93

Subtotal

Shipping
FREE
Tax
$0.00
Order Total
93

So you can see, they have some great stuff!
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 07-22-2019 at 11:15 AM.
CODYBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #35
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 906
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post

Thank you for the kind words Justin!! You never know? I do know it won't be when your having a heat wave!!!!

Did the new cement work better for your foams?
Anytime Ernie! Not hard to say kind words about someone so awesome! Keep up the great work. Ya I don't recommend Florida between April and November. The weather hasn't been very enjoyable.

The contact cement worked perfectly. Never used that stuff before. I like it!
His Jeep did so much better on those wheels, tires and foams. Was like a whole nother rig. He was extremely happy at the end of the day when he asked for my tool to put is stock wheels back on and I told him that they were his to keep. Told him about paying it forward and he agreed to do the same. Thank you again Ernie!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #36
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 872
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

never cease to amaze me Ernie. I have got to get my hands on something you build one of these days. I've admired your work on ascenders without ever owning one. I may need you to love my enduro front axle a little before its said and done. Driver drop would be killer with the JP1 body I have for it.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave
 
CODYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oakridge
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Anytime Ernie! Not hard to say kind words about someone so awesome! Keep up the great work. Ya I don't recommend Florida between April and November. The weather hasn't been very enjoyable.

The contact cement worked perfectly. Never used that stuff before. I like it!
His Jeep did so much better on those wheels, tires and foams. Was like a whole nother rig. He was extremely happy at the end of the day when he asked for my tool to put is stock wheels back on and I told him that they were his to keep. Told him about paying it forward and he agreed to do the same. Thank you again Ernie!
It is the best I have found when working with making foams. Passing it forward, "you the man"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
never cease to amaze me Ernie. I have got to get my hands on something you build one of these days. I've admired your work on ascenders without ever owning one. I may need you to love my enduro front axle a little before its said and done. Driver drop would be killer with the JP1 body I have for it.

Thank you young man! I'm still working on and testing the fitment of the new axle, part of why I haven't been working on getting my truck on the rocks. Several of you have show a interest in having these so I'm try to get those out to help out my enduro buddies.
Ernie
CODYBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,466
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

only problem i see with driver side drop on the enduro is the t-case spits out the front output to the passenger side. is there a way to overcome that while keeping the awesome stealthX transmission?
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 487
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
only problem i see with driver side drop on the enduro is the t-case spits out the front output to the passenger side. is there a way to overcome that while keeping the awesome stealthX transmission?
Trans flip?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:28 PM   #40
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 872
Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post




Thank you young man! I'm still working on and testing the fitment of the new axle, part of why I haven't been working on getting my truck on the rocks. Several of you have show a interest in having these so I'm try to get those out to help out my enduro buddies.
Ernie
you know where to find me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
only problem i see with driver side drop on the enduro is the t-case spits out the front output to the passenger side. is there a way to overcome that while keeping the awesome stealthX transmission?
I hadn't considered that as I don't have my kit built sitting in front of me yet, valid concern, if push came to shove, I'd just roll a passenger drop and pretend it had chevy axles
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Codyboy's Unlimited Desert Racer CODYBOY Large Scale Rigs 47 05-23-2019 10:19 AM
Codyboy's 46 Powerwagon Flatbed. CODYBOY Vaterra Ascender 100 04-20-2019 11:05 AM
Codyboy's 79 Ford (Rent to Own) Ascender CODYBOY Vaterra Ascender 235 01-04-2019 07:11 PM
Codyboy's MRC that wants to be........ CODYBOY Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 49 06-18-2015 09:05 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com